October 23, 2014 | 1824 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Camomile Waterproof Eye Make-Up Remover

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I think I have a love hate relationship with this product. I bought a smaller version of this product and really enjoyed it. It didn't sting my eye, no residue and cleaned my eyes (water proof mascara, gel eye liner, pencil eyeliner and eyeshadow) off very well. But over time, it would sting my eye. So I stopped using it, forgetting how it sting my eyes and used it again after a few weeks of not using it. Once again, figuring out why I stopped using it in the first place, it started to sting my eyes. Needless to say, this cycle repeated until I finished using up the little travel bottle. Sorry camomile, you made me sad.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Snowflakes1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this is a good product. It worked well for me. It can be very messy though so I wipe it off with a warm washcloth.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

UPDATED REVIEW

I've been using this to remove my eye makeup and while it cuts through beautifully, it has started to sting my eyes... perhaps the skin around my eyes is just quite sensitive, but it's a real shame because it works so incredibly well, the best I've used so far... but I can't keep using it around my eyes because it's started to sting so much. Will use it for the face, but I'm disappointed by the stinging as I loved it so much for the first couple of weeks until the sensitivity started. Originally gave it 4/5 lippies, have to drop it down to 3/5 and can't repurchase :(

ORIGINAL REVIEW

Expensive but effective and smells lovely. Gentle yet cuts through eye makeup quite well. The price is the only deterrent for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by olinay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this product. It takes off my eye make up very easily and without rubbing too hard. I've never had any bad reactions or anything and I use it with my contacts on. I just rub a little on each eye and rub the area and then I take a tissue and wipe it off. Its really nice and I don't need to rub the eye area too hard. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by xanjelix

So after playing with make-up, I got a piece of clean cotton and pour an ample amount of the eye make-up remover on the cotton pad. I gently dabbed it into my lids, and onto my lashes as well. While doing this I suddenly felt a hot sensation on my eyelids. I don't know why that happened, prolly because this is my first time to do this, or does it really feel that way with make-up removers? I was even tempted to stop the application and wash it with water but then opted to finish removing the rest of the make-up and see what happens.

After successfully removing the make-up, here's how the cotton looked like. All the make-up were removed, and the cotton was all dirty.

My Review

* Gentle - I was really hoping for it to be painless, or at least no painful feeling while applying it. I mean, bottle says its gentle, so I don't know why it felt hot at first. Although nothing seriously happened, still I was frightened. My lids could get burned lol haha.

* Camomile - Hmmm I have never seen or smelled this one before so I have no idea how it smells like. I was thinking it would be floral-ish or something but this make-up remover in my opinion does not smell anything like camomile. It has a faint smell which I won't say I don't like but its not something I like either.

* Eye Make-up Remover - As a make-up remover, I must say I am happy with how it was able to remove the make-up on my eyes. I didn't have a hard time removing my make-up with this one.

The Good
◘ Nice packaging
◘ Easy to use

TheBad
◘ My lids felt hot at first
◘ Smell is not nice

Bottomline

If it wasn't for that hot feeling at first, I would have given this product a 4 out of 5 rating. But if I will base my ratings on what it does, I'd say its a 5. For a make-up remover, I think this product is worth the try. I'm not sure about repurchasing because I don't know how much this cost but I might try to look for other alternatives that are locally available here.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I generally love skin care items from The Body Shop, but this was not all that great. Even with keeping my eyes tightly closed, sometimes it would still get in my eyes a little and sting. It does remove waterproof makeup (eventually), but not nearly as good as 100% jojoba oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by MissVanity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this alot! It took so little of the product to remove all the makeup i am wearing on my eyes. It's gentle and leaves skin greaseless. It became my favourite makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I don't understand the negative reviews on this - I think it's because of how everyone is using this product.
For me, it's the HG of eye make-up removers.
I adore cream eye make-up removers just because I seem to waste a ton of the liquid ones on cotton balls and swabs.
When I use this product at the end of the day, it's the first thing I reach for. FOR ALL THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE THIS PRODUCT I suggest doing this instead because it works wonders for me. Apply it to the dry eyes (with the make up on, obviously), and rub gently into lashes and eyes for about 20 seconds. If you want, let it sit for around 10 or so seconds. They take a piece of tissue/cotton ball/whatever and gently rub it off. Wash your eyes with warm water and then use your cleanser.
This works wonders for me, and takes off all my make-up - liners, mascaras (both regular and waterproof), eyeshadow, etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by EmberAmber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It does the job, but I wouldn't buy it again. I miss my stupidly expensive Makeup Forever Makeup Remover. I have learned that the best way to take off makeup is to put the product on a Q-tip and wipe the lashes clean. This product irritated my eyes and it burned a little. It took a couple more squirts of the product to take it all off, even then some of my waterproof mascara was still on! It's ok, no big deal. Not good enough for waterproof mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 7:44:00 AM More reviews by ashlicita

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews on this product, because for me it's HG! I have extremely sensitive eyes and find this is just fine on them. I don't wear waterproof mascara, which may be why I enjoy the product, but it does a great job removing regular mascara, eyeliner and shadow.

The main selling feature for me is that is isn't greasy at all. Even other "non-greasy" removers have been too oily for me in the past, so this is perfect for me.

EDIT: after reading the other reviews more carefully, I'm wondering if we're all reviewing the same product, even though this is the only "Camomile" entry for the Body Shop. The product I'm reviewing is the Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover. It's a liquid that comes in a plain white bottle.