September 1, 2014 | 2020 users online

Other - Gigi - Space saver warmer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

I just bought this wax warmer and I have been using Gigi wax warmers for a long time since my mom is a nail tech. I am no longer a nail tech, but I learned to wax myself and it saves a ton of money. Girls came into the salon and paid $8 every time to wax their brows and since I'm pretty hairy, I knew that it would cost a lot for me. I wasn't willing to pay someone else to do something I already knew how to do.

My sister took the other wax machine to college, so I found this cute warmer at a Sally Beauty store. It's fairly-priced at around $21 and there are other things to buy to go along with this. Muslin cloth, applicators, and pots of wax. Sally Beauty was having a buy one get one free deal on pots of wax, so I got the all-purpose honey and chocolate wax. The machine comes with one collar, which keeps the machine clean because working with wax can be very messy.

For some odd reason, it does not come with a lid, so I looked for an unused tupperware lid in the kitchen to just cover the wax. You could use other things like the actual wax pot lid, but I didn't like the idea. The machine is very small, but can fit the 14 oz wax pot, so no worries there. I don't like that there is no temperature control, but the wax heats up quickly. We're talking about 15-30 minutes for a full melted pot of wax, but earlier if you just want to take the wax on the outer rim. Do not keep the warmer on for too long or you can burn your skin, but always always always blow on the wax on the applicator before applying to your skin. It's even more vital with this machine because it can get way too hot.

All in all, it's a great little machine for $21. I wouldn't buy the warranty that Sally Beauty offers because there is a one-year warranty on the warmer. If it breaks after a year, which I hope doesn't happen, I will just buy the bigger machine because of the temperature control. If it breaks within the warranty period, I am happy to send it in to get the exact same one. Either way, I'm sticking with Gigi.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this wax warmer five years ago and I can't believe I have not done a review yet. The warmer has one lighted switch, so its easy to use. The wax is warm ready to use in a matter of minutes. It would depend how much wax you have left. I use any oil based makeup remover to remove wax. at the moment I am using Boscia Make Up Cleansing Oil. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been waxing for years- so long, in fact, I don't ever shave unless I absolutely HAVE to. Waxing at home saves money in the long run, but there are so many inferior waxing products out there. My advice, get yourself some GiGi Honee Wax (original or Espresso are great-I've reviewed the Espresso one) particularly if you have hair that's on the thicker side. You can find all GiGi products at Sally Beauty or any beauty supply. Steer clear of microwave waxes! The GiGi space saver wax warmer gets rid of the need to run over to the kitchen, reheat, and repeat. It is super convenient, as it's small and easy to store, and works very well with all GiGi waxes. Of course it keeps wax at the right temperature and consistency-- you can turn it off for a little once it's totally melted and hot, then reheat when needed. Wax is ready to use in about 15 minutes or so. For at home waxing, save yourself time, money (and patience!) by investing in quality waxing products-GiGi is just great- including Honee wax, waxing sticks, cloths (I use the white cloth strips, also by GiGi), and some sort of oil (Azulene is great, regular old baby oil will also do). It takes a little practice, but is well worth the results. Move over, razer, GiGi is in town! And with the space saver warmer, waxing is even easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I absolutely LOVEEEEEEE this product, it warms up my wax within 3-4 minutes, and I think it's amazing.

I wish it had temp control, because i have to toggle on/off constantly...but none the less I LOVEEE IT

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

Ive been waxing for myself for years. If you know what your doing and wax for yourself often, i highly suggest this. It takes a while for wax to a get good consistency (about 30 mins) as opposed to microwave waxes, but just turn it on and leave it, I dont find the wax ever gets too hot. The heat makes a huge difference in hair removal. Its compact too which is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

It warms the wax super well, and it's really convenient. I don't like the fact that you have to use the collars though, because they're such a pain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

I really like this warmer its small and works good. If you leave it on for too long your wax will be too hot. I just use the wax that is heated toward the outer side of the can. It was cheap. I didn't want to buy the remover. I found out by coincidence that the Pond's cucumber makeup remover slides the wax right off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Tresha

One of my best purchases ever! This saves me time, money, and embarrassment. Waxing at a salon was always an uncomfortable and nerve wrecking experience no matter how much I psyche myself up fpr it. So happy to be able to wax myself. I use it with the all purpose honee wax and muslin strips. If you have unwanted hair, and and you are a do it yourself lady like me...Get this and wax at home. And save in time and money. This warmer at Sally is about 24 dollars. It's totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

this is my first wax warmer, aside from the microwave. lol
i was very impressed with this. got it at sallys with the card for $27 canadian. i use the "canadian knock off" of gigi's wax, called sharonelle. i have the 18oz can and it fit in the space saver.
the circumference of the can was smaller than the can of wax. but if ur using gigi's wax, i believe it holds up to 14oz but their can's are shaped different from sharonelle. the unit got hot pretty quick. i touched the outter metal and im surprised i didnt get a physical burn, it hurt for a full 10 seconds. the can of wax got completely hot in less than a hf hr and i was surprised considering the whole circumference factor.
i really like this warmer. it's compact and priced very well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by lipcrazy

Quality wax warmer, I have superior results with this product than any microwave wax product. I spent $30 on this warmer and received two tins of wax and a package of muslin strips for free. By waxing my underarms myself twice, I have already saved more money than the cost of the warmer.