April 19, 2014 | 1051 users online

Other - Gigi - Space saver warmer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this wax warmer five years ago and I can't believe I have not done a review yet. The warmer has one lighted switch, so its easy to use. The wax is warm ready to use in a matter of minutes. It would depend how much wax you have left. I use any oil based makeup remover to remove wax. at the moment I am using Boscia Make Up Cleansing Oil. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been waxing for years- so long, in fact, I don't ever shave unless I absolutely HAVE to. Waxing at home saves money in the long run, but there are so many inferior waxing products out there. My advice, get yourself some GiGi Honee Wax (original or Espresso are great-I've reviewed the Espresso one) particularly if you have hair that's on the thicker side. You can find all GiGi products at Sally Beauty or any beauty supply. Steer clear of microwave waxes! The GiGi space saver wax warmer gets rid of the need to run over to the kitchen, reheat, and repeat. It is super convenient, as it's small and easy to store, and works very well with all GiGi waxes. Of course it keeps wax at the right temperature and consistency-- you can turn it off for a little once it's totally melted and hot, then reheat when needed. Wax is ready to use in about 15 minutes or so. For at home waxing, save yourself time, money (and patience!) by investing in quality waxing products-GiGi is just great- including Honee wax, waxing sticks, cloths (I use the white cloth strips, also by GiGi), and some sort of oil (Azulene is great, regular old baby oil will also do). It takes a little practice, but is well worth the results. Move over, razer, GiGi is in town! And with the space saver warmer, waxing is even easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVEEEEEEE this product, it warms up my wax within 3-4 minutes, and I think it's amazing.

I wish it had temp control, because i have to toggle on/off constantly...but none the less I LOVEEE IT

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

Ive been waxing for myself for years. If you know what your doing and wax for yourself often, i highly suggest this. It takes a while for wax to a get good consistency (about 30 mins) as opposed to microwave waxes, but just turn it on and leave it, I dont find the wax ever gets too hot. The heat makes a huge difference in hair removal. Its compact too which is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

It warms the wax super well, and it's really convenient. I don't like the fact that you have to use the collars though, because they're such a pain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

I really like this warmer its small and works good. If you leave it on for too long your wax will be too hot. I just use the wax that is heated toward the outer side of the can. It was cheap. I didn't want to buy the remover. I found out by coincidence that the Pond's cucumber makeup remover slides the wax right off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Tresha

One of my best purchases ever! This saves me time, money, and embarrassment. Waxing at a salon was always an uncomfortable and nerve wrecking experience no matter how much I psyche myself up fpr it. So happy to be able to wax myself. I use it with the all purpose honee wax and muslin strips. If you have unwanted hair, and and you are a do it yourself lady like me...Get this and wax at home. And save in time and money. This warmer at Sally is about 24 dollars. It's totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

this is my first wax warmer, aside from the microwave. lol
i was very impressed with this. got it at sallys with the card for $27 canadian. i use the "canadian knock off" of gigi's wax, called sharonelle. i have the 18oz can and it fit in the space saver.
the circumference of the can was smaller than the can of wax. but if ur using gigi's wax, i believe it holds up to 14oz but their can's are shaped different from sharonelle. the unit got hot pretty quick. i touched the outter metal and im surprised i didnt get a physical burn, it hurt for a full 10 seconds. the can of wax got completely hot in less than a hf hr and i was surprised considering the whole circumference factor.
i really like this warmer. it's compact and priced very well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by lipcrazy

Quality wax warmer, I have superior results with this product than any microwave wax product. I spent $30 on this warmer and received two tins of wax and a package of muslin strips for free. By waxing my underarms myself twice, I have already saved more money than the cost of the warmer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this on sale at Sally Beauty for $20. It is a little gem. Just thinking of all the money I save from waxing my legs, face, and bikini area makes me giddy! It effectively heats up honee wax. It is a small size and therefore easy to tuck away somewhere when not in use. It only has one setting (High). Heats honee wax up in about 20-30 minutes.