July 30, 2014 | 1117 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Revlon - Ion Select Hot Air Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by bonbonbb

I have had mine for many years and it still works great. I have fine hair and it gets plenty hot to dry my hair quickly. The brush bristles are soft and do not tug at my hair. Occasionally, the attachment fall off but that is not really much of a bother. I have not found another dryer that works better and I will buy a new one if this one ever dies.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by attilasue

I keep mine in my gym bag to dry my hair after cardio (kind of gross, but it's what time allows). It smooths and dries my hair very well, very easy. The brushes can go flying due to the cheap clips, otherwise it is wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by andf79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

(Mine doesn't look exactly like the one pictured - mine is hot pink and black - but otherwise I believe it's the same.)

This is honestly the best purchase I have ever made for my hair. I have fine hair that has ZERO natural body - if allowed to air dry, it does so plastered flat against my head. So, daily blowdrying with a round brush is a must. I've been doing this since I was 14, and was very, very tired of it. I also didn't like the way my hair usually turned out kind of dry and puffy looking, especially the ends, so that required going over it with a flat iron after blowdrying. (It's very annoying that my hair is too flat without blowdrying, but blowdrying kind of makes it TOO bushy and big on the ends. I can't win.) The whole process was tedious, especially on hot days.

I had seen these round hot air brushes many times in stores but never even took one down to look at it because somehow I just knew this was something I'd end up getting tangled in my hair. However, as I was searching MUA reviews for SOME type of styling tool to give me better results, I read a lot of positive reviews for these types of brushes and finally broke down and bought this one for about $24 at Ulta.

I absolutely love it. Blowdrying has gone from a dreaded chore to something I actually kind of enjoy. It is so, so much easier to combine the round brush and blowdryer and free up my other hand for guiding hair around the brush. (I used to have to set the blowdryer down, wind hair around the brush, pick dryer back up and dry, repeat repeat repeat.) I get results that are much silkier and less puffy too. Most days I still go over some sections quickly with a flat iron after drying, but overall this has greatly reduced my styling time AND made it much easier. And for the record, I have NEVER tangled my hair in it. The only usage issue I sometimes have is that the metal part of the brush DOES get really hot and if I'm not careful I can burn my fingers when wrapping hair around the brush.

Some people say their brush attachments don't stay in place - it isn't indicated on the brush, but there is a right and wrong way to put it on, so if it isn't clicking into place, just flip it around 180 degrees and it should attach that way.

Since my hair is fine, I can get away with applying a product like Redken Satinwear that speeds up drying time, letting my hair air dry for 10 or 15 minutes, and then using this brush. However, if you have thicker hair you'll want to do a rough dry with a regular dryer first and finish with this when your hair is about 80% dry.

I have been using this daily for nearly a month now, and would absolutely replace it if something happened to it. Love, love.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS:
Combines brush & dryer
Different brushes & a concentrator
Price
Availability
Size/weight

CONS:
Doesn't get super hot
Have to wait till hair is dry-ish before using to get good results
Bristles don't really brush hair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by eqing

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It almost makes me mad how well this hot air brush works. Don't get me wrong, I love this thing, but it is $20 and it outperforms my $80 Babyliss ionic dryer. I get a smoother blow out with this. The ions switch on and off and there is a big difference. Ions on, gave me less frizz, but either way it does well. I use the concentrator thing and get it almost dry, then off with the curling 1" attachment to volumise roots and curl ends.
Fantastic air brush. Loud though. There's even a cool air setting. One of the best hair appliances I have bought ever.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Inexpensive, easy to use and gives great results quickly. My hair is fine and rarely takes more than 4 minutes to dry with a hairdryer to begin with. I like the straight look that a regular hair dryer gives me, but when my hair is cut too short, this little brush comes in handy. It smooths out the hair, makes it look silky. It's very easy to use and has a great cool air function.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by scridsrolls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Who else is hair-styling impaired?? Am I the only one who finds holding a dryer in one hand and a brush in the other difficult, and straightening hair section by section with a flat iron too tedious? I needed something simple...a one-handed tool. A hot air brush. Ok, I can brush my hair. So I figured I'd give this a try.

I am typically a wash-n-go type of person. I don't really use hair products...I have thick, naturally wavy hair and somedays it's just so blahhh. I like a sleek look now and then, so after sad bouts with the hairdryer and flat iron, I gave Revlon's hot air brush a try. Ok, it's cheap...not just pricewise but quality wise too. I doubt it will last long. The plastic is flimsy and the bristles on the brush are too soft to effectively "brush" my thick hair. They barely go through it all. Did I mention this tool is LOUD?? I use earplugs when I use this, I'm serious. I use it on high, so it's louder, but I don't feel that it gets hot enough on low. I use the Ion switch on high, but I don't really see anything special about it's "ionizing" feature.

The bristles do more to "smooth" the top layer of my hair than actually brush it. But after some effort, I must say, this does smooth hair. I think styling products make a big difference, though. I haven't tried this without them. I use Sunsilk straightening shampoo and conditioner, as well as their 24/7 straightening creme. I also use John Frieda's heat protectant/anti frizz spray. I am pleased overall with this method of straightening my hair. It won't get it as slick as a flat iron will get it, but for styling-challenged folks like me, this may be the tool to use.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2008 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Greenesque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm surprised a lot of people haven't commented on this. Is it because you haven't yet tried it? Well you should! This saves me so much time and energy in the morning. Like someone else said, I will never go back to brush in one hand, dryer in the other. This dryer is great for styling flips and bounces into layered hair. My only complaint is what someone else said; the clip breaks a lot. I'm constantly accidentally throwing brushes around my house while doing my hair. But it is worth it and you get used to it. Try it, it's only like $20!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product works quite well at styling my hair. The switchable brush attachments help me to achieve the type of curl I desire. My biggest complaint about this product is that the clips that hold the brush attachment onto the hair dryer break too easily. In six years I have gone through three dryers. I'm on my third now, and the flimsy little clips have broken again. On my previous hair dryers, I drilled holes and screwed the brushes into place. Unfortunatey, this prevents me from being able to change brush heads, so with my current hot air brush, I've just attached the head with electrical tape. It saves me another $20. I wish another company besides Revlon made these hot air brushes. If so, maybe I could get a replacement that would actually last and prevent me from wasting insane amounts of money. Don't get me wrong. The air brush works really well, I just wish it wasn't so flimsy and easily breakable. Looks like I'm stuck with Revlon and self-repairs for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by SUNNYGIRL423

I was very skeptical when I bought this product, but I was pleasantly surprised. Now I will not go back to the brush in one hand and the blow dryer in the other. It's so much easier!! It leaves my hair really soft and just enough curl. I have long layers in my hair and it just gives me that flippy look which i love. It gives me alot of volume too. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.