November 27, 2014 | 1566 users online

The New Black (Metallic) - black shimmer with silver flecks

Click (Shimmer) - neutral medium taupe

Optic (Sheen) - pale taupey-grey beige

Drape (Sheen) - iridescent white

Product - Normally I don't think of pinks and plums as neutral. In a pinch some of the eyeshadows could serve double duty as blush.

Comparisons - Similar color scheme as MAC Shademates Eye:Six/1.

Packaging - Dark pewter grey, padded, faux patent leather exterior with not-quite-full-size mirror under the lid with "lancome" in cursive script along the bottom of the mirror. Pans are about 30mm in diameter. The palette is about the same overall size as the LORAC Multi-Platinum palette; large enough to work with but not too cumbersome to travel with. Retail on this was about $70.

Overall - I really like this palette. It's just too bad that the other palettes in the series have color schemes that don't particularly appeal to me (YMMV of course).

(click on "continued" for pic)

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 9:09:00 AM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic palette and I'm shocked to have found it for $10 at the lancome outlet. I'm going to try the Couture Warms next because the quality is just amazing. This palette originally ran around $70 and it caught my eye then, but not enough to pay that much when I have a zillion neutral shadows already. I don't have many palettes that I feel would be diverse enough to take alone on a weekend trip, but this is one. The colors, left to right, top then bottom are: Backstage Pass (Intense) a deep black based purple that makes a great liner or part of a Smokey eye, Exhibition (Sheen) a midtone pinky plum, Stylish (Matte) a light to medium candy pink that really blends nicely and manages to look quite natural, Off The Rack (Metallic) a pink highlighter type shade with a touch of peach and loads of metallic payoff, The New Black (Metallic) black shimmer with silver flecks, Click (Shimmer) a foolproof neutral taupe, Optic (Sheen) a taupey grey highlighter which is so gorgeous, and Drape (Sheen) an iridescent white with an ethereal sheen. Overall this was a total steal. The price is nothing and the quality of the shadows is just killer. The palette itself is padded patent sort of covering and the large mirror inside has Lancome written in script on the bottom. The padded nature and the great range of wearable shades makes this very travel friendly for me! Would rebuy and am going to pick up another for my friend, along with Couture Warms for us both!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this based on a recommendation from a MUAer...after I saw the photo of this palette, I knew it had to be mine...it retails for $70ish but she said it was at a discount outlet for $10 - I got mine on ebay for $15. The quality of the shadows in this palette are superb...last all day (with primer), the colors are true, and the shadows are soft and easy to blend. The fact that I can actually wear every color in this palette is the most surprising thing...on top is all you need for a plummy, smokey eye, and the bottom is perfect for a neutral smokey eye...great for work/travel, anything. No color is too warm or too cool - it's just right.