December 20, 2014 | 933 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Intensive Moisturiser with Shea Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by SkekTek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is great. Some reviewers seem to be using it on the face, but I probably wouldn't recommend it as it is a body moisturiser and probably too heavy for a lot of people. It has the consistency of a body butter, and a gorgeous smell (probably the shea butter). I use it on my hands as I work in a laboratory and am forever getting dry skin due to the constant hand-washing. I also use it like a body butter and apply it all over after a shower. It's not terribly soothing, but it definitely moisturises. A great, versatile, and cost effective alternative to a body butter. Will definitely repurchase. RRP AUD$14 for a 85g tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by cmcgill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this product.

On the good side, it is fabulously moisturizing and very gentle on my sensitive skin. I started using it because in the winter, I got extremely dry skin around my eyes. My regular moisturizer just wasn't strong enough to take care of the flaking, even when piled on multiple times during the day. And some moisturizers made my eyes swell from allergic reactions. This one totally took care of the flakiness, without any allergic reaction.

On the bad side, despite its claim to be non-comedogenic, it made me break out really badly around my eyes, a place I never get break-outs. They weren't plain old pimples, but the deep, painful kind. I'm not sure what ingredient caused the break-outs.

It's a real shame because I would love to use this product on my face, but I can't, and I won't buy it again. I'll use up the rest of it on my hands or elbows where it can be fabulously moisturizing without causing horrible break-outs.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by amandajane5

I have had extreamly dry lips my whole life but not only my lips but the skin around my lips and sometimes my eye lids and I was completly fed up with it. It looked ugly and was oftern painful. I was going to go to the doctors about it but instead i just went to the chemist (drug store) on my work break and asked the lady if there was anything non prescriptive that I could use for this problem. She recomended Cetaphil Intensive Moisturiser. So that night I went home, clensed and toned my face and then applied this moisturiser. It is amazing. although thick in texture it does the job perfectly. I woke up the next morning with not a sigle flake of skin on my lips. I was thrilled. I also used it in the morning before applying my make up and it lasted all day. I am so thirilled with this product. Simply after one nights use and its made my skin flawless. It truely is my Holy Grail. BEST MOISTURISER EVER.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 9:43:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Absolutely brilliant. I used this a few months ago when a retinol product I used caused havoc with my skin. I wanted something with no active ingredients in order to give my skin time to recover. Light and non greasy, immediately absorbed and yet provides very long lasting moisture. It's too heavy for my face in hot weather, but I still have heaps left and will definitely use this as an extra moisture boost when the weather turns cold again next year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 7:56:00 AM More reviews by bobsy

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in desperation for my dry Winter face, and it's surprisingly good. It hydrates extremely well and absorbs immediately so no greasy feel. I thought it'd break me out but it hasn't. And of course I'm thrilled that it's fragrance free.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 8:02:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is deeply moisturising without being greasy. It absorbs quickly into my skin and makes it look fresh and plumped. Unfortunately, like some other moisturisers I've used, it also melts on my skin so that I'm constantly having to wipe it off my face. I mostly only use this as an instant hit of moisture for when my skin feels particularly dry, as although it provides great instant moisturising benefits, I can't detect any lasting benefits. I won't be repurchasing after I finish this tube.