August 21, 2014 | 1810 users online

Eye Shadow - BeneFit Cosmetics - Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner - Flatter Me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my goodness, I debated buying "Flatter Me" for awhile considering I don't really care for cream shadows. I have a MUF one which looks like scales minutes after putting it on and it's at an even higher price point. My best friend had recently bought the shade "Skinny Jean" and I constantly seen her wearing it so I figured I would give it a shot. One of the best make up purchases I have ever made! So buildable, rich, sparkly, and eye catching. I feel so good when I wear this I actually put on less makeup then I usually do.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by grak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful pinky neutral color. It has lots of shine and shimmer and lives up to its name in flattering - I have put this on people with all sorts of coloring and all age ranges and it always looks great. I often use it alone - good everyday color. I also use it underneath other eyeshadows - it takes the top eyeshadow color and makes it brighter and more shimmery. One of my favorite combos is Flatter Me first on the lid followed by Stila's Contessa. Gorgeous!

I had this for years, and it started to dry out and crack and become very hard to apply. I was only half way through the jar. I brainstormed a little and looked at the ingredients, debating what to add back for moisture. I went with a silicone based primer, based on the ingredients (Smashbox's primer to be specific). So I scraped all the cream eyeshadow onto a plate and started adding in the primer, mashing it in. I kept adding primer until I got it to the consistency I wanted. I also figured that primer would help the cream eyeshadow maintain its creaseless property the best. This worked absolutely great, and I have a completely soft, moist, easy-to-apply cream eyeshadow again.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by quidproquo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Colour: medium pink shimmer with warm and cool tones within. An amazing cream shadow line, but for some reason this colour isn't creamy (pretty dry for a cream shadow). It applies unevely and dried out my lids; and my lids are oily!

End result: "scaley", and wrinkly lids. Amazing colour, but I couldn't make it work and returned it after trying it out for a week. (I even returned the original Flatter Me that I had initially purchased for a new one at a different cosmetics counter in a different city; same dealio! A girl from work had the exact same situation.)

Such a shame! Other colours I tried and loved: Birthday Suit, RSVP, Samba-dy Loves Me, Tattle Tale, Sippin n' Dippin, and Skinny Jeans.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I have 6 Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows, and Flatter Me is one of my favorites. Benefit describes this shade as a "toasted mauve" and I think that's the perfect description. It's a gorgeous shimmery brown-purple mauve that makes for the easiest natural-looking eye makeup ever. Many reviewers are saying this pulls too pink, but on my NW 20/25 skin, I've never detected a hint of pink. Just a light, toasty purple-brown.
All the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows are super creamy and are foolproof to use. I've had this shade for a year and a half and it hasn't hardened at all, which is impressive compared to other cream shadows. I just do a quick swirl with my finger in the pot and have enough to really saturate my eyelid with color and still blend a little bit all the way up to my brow. I wear this shade alone just like this all the time and it really brightens up my face. I throw on some mascara and foundation and I look great, but I only spent 5 minutes on my makeup. True to their name, these do not crease, fade or smudge no matter how long I wear them. These even hold up through my in-between-class naps, which hardly any other cream shadows can do.
Flatter Me is also a gorgeous base color, even though I generally just wear this alone. It looks so pretty under warmer purples, browns, and coppers. Shadows and liners glide on really smoothly over this, and Flatter Me makes colors look more vibrant.
I highly recommend this for anyone looking to shorten the time they spend on eye makeup. This has been such a lifesaver when I wake up late, or when I want to look decent but don't want to spend 20 minutes on my makeup. I think this is a universally flattering color that anyone could get a ton of use out of.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 4:23:00 AM More reviews by sofiej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG so flattering!!! I picked this up at Sephora after having read about it/seen swatches of it online. It's the perfect everyday color that looks so natural on my NC35 skin. It gives me just a hint of color and provides a smooth canvas to apply other eyeshadows on as well. My intention is however to use this on its own, as it's so gorgeous the way it is. I find that it is much more unique of a color than any other taupe-ish colors I own so far. It blends super easily too. I love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Flatter me indeed! This pinky beige is one of my favorite picks for days when I don't feel like dealing with makeup. A sheer wash of this applied with my finger and a little liner is all I need to look fresh and polished. It spreads easily and blends well into my NW20 skin tone. I really appreciate that it dries to a powder finish quickly. I'm not however as impressed with the wear of these as most seem to be. Over a base (I use TFSI), it wears all day, no better or worse than a powder shadow. On its own, it starts to crease on me after 5-6 hours. That isn't a huge deal as I'm accustomed to wearing a primer anyway, but it does make this product less useful as an eyeshadow base or a solid stand alone product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by lauracrua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this colour on the outer 3rd of my eyes when wearing 'birthday suit' to add depth and it's a perfect pinky brown for my complexion. These shadows are the only ones I will use if I will be out if the house for more than 12 hours. These shadows last through long hot days and are still there at 3 am when I remove them. I just wish they had more colours!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by supersophie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This really does last a long time, with no creasing. I've used it as a base as well and it acts as a primer, making the eyeshadow on top stay just as vibrant. This is my daily e/s, and I use it with MAC's Satin Taupe in the crease, which IMO looks AMAZING!
I'm NC20 with yellowish undertones and the only downside is this pulls a little TOO pink on me (when worn alone, SO said it resembled voldemort's eyes - NICE!) but when paired with a brown eyeshadow it really brings out the bronzey tones. Love.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by xmakemeoverx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite BeneFit creaseless cream eyeshadows. The other is RSVP but that is for another review. Flatter me is a mauve pink with brown undertones in it so you can use it as a neutral shadow. The product applies very easily. You just dip a brush into the pot and then it easily glides onto your eyes. You can build this product, depending on how much color you're looking for. This color can be used in the crease and the lid. I wouldn't use it as a liner because of the pink in it, which tends to make many people's eyes look like they have conjunctivitis. You can use this as a base because the staying power is very strong. I like to use it on my lids and it's easy to mix with powder shadows and eyeliners to create various different looks. It can be a more natural look or a more dramatic evening look, depending on what you're going for. The product lasts for a long time and the pot never seems to hit the bottom no matter how many times you use it. It doesn't harden either. It just glides on smoothly every time. It's very flattering for my eye color but it could also work on other eye colors as well. The price is a little steep but for the amount of product you're getting and the versatility of it, it's worth the cost. BeneFit has yet to disappoint me with their eye shadows. It's by far their biggest strength and I'll definitely keep doing business with them as long as they're around. I recommend it to anyone out there who wants to try out cream shadows. They're very easy to apply and they last for a long time so you don't need to keep doing touchups during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by wiwi45678

This color looks pretty on my blue eyes. It brings out the blue in them, and its a nice consistency. The jar it comes in is nice as well, I like this stuff a lot. I recommend this to anyone who wants a nice creme eyeshadow. So far it doesnt seem to crease on my lids.