Clarins Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base

3.8

water - isononyl isononanoate - cyclomethicone - cyclopentasiloxane - methyl methacrylate crosspolymer - butylene glycol - glycerin - cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone - hexyl laurate - polyglyceryl-4 isostearate - silica - sodium chloride - disteardimonium hectorite - polyglyceryl-3 ricinoleate - sorbitan oleate - peg-30 dipolyhydroxystearate - magnesium stearate - polyhydroxystearic acid - alcohol - isopropyl titanium triisostearate - disodium edta - ethylhexyl-glycerin - phenoxyethanol - sorbic acid - triethoxycaprylylsilane - bht. /- ci 77891/titanium dioxide - ci 77019/mica - ci77491/77492/77499/iron oxides.

on 2/11/2015 3:33:00 PM

I bought this product, because I wanted a primer that evens out skin tone and makes eye makeup go on more evenly. This product comes in a handy tube with a tiny opening, which is fine, as a little goes a very long way. There is only one color available. The primer applies easily, as it has a quite creamy texture. I used it on its own, and in combination with Clarins Ombre Matte and applied both times just the tiniest bit with my fingertips. Before applying the eyeshadow, I let it sink in for a moment. Both times the result seemed to be just what I was looking for: smooth eyelids which had an evened-out tone - although the color is too pinkish for my liking when I used it on its own on my winter-bleak skin. Eyeshadow applies very well and even, the primer makes it easy to layer without creating blotchy spots. The downside came just a few hours afterwards: both times, used on its own and together with eyeshadow, it wandered towards the crease and the rim of my eyes, into my eyes and on my contact lenses. This never happened to me before when using eye creams and/or shadows. I tried it afterwards repeatedly, using lesser and lesser, unfortunately always with the same result. There is still a nearly full tube of a product that in my opinion is a total waste.

Clarins recently reformulated this product. I was looking for something to help keep my eyeshadow in place, so at the drugstore today, I had the Clarins sales lady try some of this on one of my eyelids, and use the new "Ombre Matt" eyeshadows over both eyelids. Four hours later, the eyeshadow on both lids was migrating to the creases. Eight hours later, there was no eyeshadow left on either eyelid EXCEPT in the crease.

What a waste of a product.

on 2/12/2012 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product. I wore it under my eyemakeup to a wedding & the reception, I had shimmery eyeshadow and black winged liquid eyeliner, and the base kept my eye makeup on all night. I'm so glad I found this because I've had problems with my makeup smudging down on my bottom lids which makes me look like I have really baggy eyes, which I don't! I'm only 17!

This product also corrects the skintone of my eyes which is a bit darker than the rest of my skin and prevents oiliness which I'm prone to. I only need to use a small amount for great results. I highly recommend this product.

on 12/2/2011 2:24:00 PM

I absolutely love this; it is a must-have for me. I "paint" it on my eyelid with the brush applicator and then blend with my finger. It makes it easier to apply and blend eyeshadow, and I also feel that it brings out the colour and texture of the eyeshadow nicely, esp. shimmery ones. Just make sure your eye cream isn't too rich, because then your makeup will streak.

on 3/28/2011 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product as I wanted a change from UDPP and unfortunatelly this buy was a mistake for me. The only thing I liked about it was texture, as it was quite lightweight. It totally didn't work for my a bit oily eyelides. Eyeshadows didn't last longer than 1-2hours, which was a huge dissapointment, especially taking into consideration the price of this product, which is almost twice what you would pay for the famous UDPP.

To be honest and to summarise - I would say that my foundation or concealers work better as primers than this product.

on 1/12/2011 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a really great product. It is the first time I use a primer for my eyeshadow and it keeps my eyeshadow on its place the whole day. I don´t see the colour of the eyeshadow changing only keeping the eyeshaow longer on your eyelids. Would def. buy again !

on 6/4/2010 6:36:00 PM

I LOVE this eye base! It works so well, I love that it is a natural skin tone and blends into the skin so you get a more true color for the eyeshadow once applied. Best eye shadow base I've ever used.

I have very sensitive eyelids that get irritated easily and this hasn't once irritated my eyes. I'm very satistfied with it. I find that you twist the wand about 3-4 times for my eyes and just apply the brush directly to the eyelid. Then I blend it in with my finger. It doesn't crease at all if blended well.

on 12/27/2009 4:51:00 AM

I have been using it for over a month now. I was hoping to be able to use it on its own, but it creases almost immediately and the peachy color of the product (I have no. 00 - nude), doesn’t give a bright look to the eye area. I was getting a better result by applying a regular concealer.
It creases a little less when applied with an eye shadow, but still creases. Funny enough, I was able to achieve minimal creasing only after applying face powder on top of it.
On the plus side, the package is convenient and the product did not irritate my eyes.

Water, isononyl isononanoate, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, butylene glycol, glycerin, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, silica, sodium chloride, disteardimonium hectorite, polyglyceryl-3 ricinoleate, sorbitan oleate, peg-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, magnesium stearate, polyhydroxystearic acid, alcohol, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, disodium edta, ethylhexyl-glycerin, phenoxyethanol, sorbic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, bht.
+/- titanium dioxide, iron oxides

on 11/10/2009 4:51:00 PM

Clarin’s website claims: The invisible and lightweight texture gently evens and smoothes the eyelids, for easy make-up application and more youthful-looking eyes. Eyeshadow colour is more beautiful, more intense and very long-lasting. For a flawless, long-wearing make-up result.” Well, let me tell you, they’re not lying. I love everything about this product. I have deep set eyes and a dark ring around them (a bit like a racoon). This product helps erase that “tired look” it also keeps eye makeup looking fresh all day. It comes in a pencil like applicator that you must twist so there is no waiste. Expensive but great product and you don’t need a lot.

on 6/10/2009 1:05:00 PM

Probably my favorite product right now! I absolutely love this stuff. I have fair skin and my eyelids normally are a web of purple capillaries, and the Instant Light base covers that all up so it just looks ... normal! I went to Clarins for wedding day makeup recommendations and I am SO glad she sold me this product. I have been using it almost faithfully for over 2 years. I say 'almost' because the last time I ran out, I decided to try a drugstore brand (don't remember what it was, something generic, but it was $10) and absolutely hated it. The Clarins is just a better product and brand. I found that three clicks works for me for both eyes - I spread on my ring fingers and lightly sweep across each lid and up to the brow bone. My eyeshadow (nothing dramatic, just a light brown) stays all day without creasing, and my eyelids never look greasy. I have recommended this product to all of my friends and my mother as the one product I couldn't go without (that's saying a lot - I have dark undereye circles!). The color is even good for me to use as a base for stubborn red pimples - I dab the Instant Light on, then dot my concealer over it and it stays covered almost all day. Love it!