October 1, 2014 | 987 users online

Lip Gloss - The Body Shop - Hi-Shine Lip Treatment

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by sekarinaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Very thick and sticky and....make me thirsty! I dunno why...
Smell good.
Not moisturizing!!! Bad

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in Party Pink and the colour is really natural so I liked this and the scent is a little like a lipstick. For a lip gloss, it is quite sticky and super glittery but for the price and amount, it is worth it. If you don't mind the stickiness that comes with lip gloss than this is for you. It stays on fairly well only and comes off quite easily, as for being a lip treatment, I have to say it isn't that good, it does not soothe my lips immediately.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Littlemissninja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Party pink. I like the shade and the glossy shine it gives, it's really cute. It smells great, also. The problems I find are: firstly, it's a bit too sticky for me. Also, I must have hit an air bubble or something because it started to ooze out without me squeezing the tube, also, at the same time, the 'gloss' that comes out is nothing but oil! Ew. I have hit a rough patch in this lipgloss. Otherwise I quite like it. Even though it is sticky, it was at one point, one of my most used lipglosses. I may repurchase, because I loove the smell and glossy finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by clarissaaa

VERY THICK AND STICKY, the color is pretty, and the smell is good too, but the stickiness is terrible, most sticky lip gloss that I ever find!!!! and it's not moisturizing. DON'T BUY IT!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by stls

Not my favorite lip gloss. Not very pigmented or moisturizing, smell funny and wear off rather quickly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Not one of my preferences. I got it as a gift from my lip-gloss obsessed friend. Very thick and moderately sticky in consistency, which I do not like. The color's nice and it smells good, but it tastes pretty bad. Plus, it says it's a lip treatment, but it does nothing for your lips to actually treat them. It looks pretty, but it's a pain for a lip gloss.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in 10, perfectly pink.
I think I got this as a gift, Im happy that I didnt buy it!
Its the most disgusting lipgloss ive ever tried! Its super thick and sticky. Accentuates dry lips and the color! 90s calling... Its a light super shimmery pink.. yuck.
But it does smell nice. Like one of their body butters..
Def wont buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Received this recently as a gift with purchase, after I applied it I realized I had used it in the past several years ago - I remember the smell of this gloss. It isn't really offensive but it is strong, I prefer un- or mildy scented lipglosses. I don't like the packaging, hate squeeze tubes. The colour I received has no name on the tube (sample size) but is kind of a plummy pink colour. Decently shiny, not very glittery. However it is a bit sticky so don't use it on a windy day. Decent product overall but I wouldn't purchase due to the packaging & scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by kujiu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

from one friend,just so so

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

- Skip down to 'Final Consensus' for short summary of overall thoughts on product -

What it Claims:
"Keep your lips lustrous and conditioned with a passion fruit-scented gloss that features the perfect hint of color.
* Pearl pigments give lips a glimmering finish.
* Provide effective hydration with an ultra-glossy, dermatologist-approved formulation that is long-lasting and non-sticky.
* Moisturizing Community Trade marula oil from Namibia helps to repair skinís moisture barrier, leaving lips soft and supple."

Claims - True or False?
1) Gives lips a glimmering finish: False.
2) Provides effective hydration: False.
3) Ultra-glossy: True.
4) Long-lasting: True.
5) Non-sticky: False.

Packaging:
I don't really like the packaging. Aesthetically, it is a clear squeeze tube with the last third or so of the tube lined with a mirror-like finish. I find that this mirror thing makes the gloss look a bit cheap. Has a clear twist-off cap, which is rounded off. Has a slanted and rounded off plastic applicator tip, which is on the smaller side. The plastic of the tube seems to be a little too stiff. There really is nothing wrong with the packaging, I just find it looks off-putting.

Smell:
The only thing I like about this gloss is the scent. The scent is very strong and noticeable, but I adore it! The website claims it to be a passion fruit scent. I'm not sure what passion fruit smells like, but it does have a fruity sweet scent to it, almost like candy even. It definitely does linger as well.

Consistency:
The shade that I own (which seems to be discontinued) is clear in colour, which makes the glitter very noticeable. I find that the glitter looks too chunky, and as another reviewer stated, it looks a bit gaudy. It doesn't seem to distribute evenly either, so some areas will be more glittery than others. It is moderately thick and moderately sticky, doesn't seem to tug on the skin. So, aside from the glitter, the consistency is actually pretty good.

Ease of Use:
It's not too difficult to use, but I do find that half of the time, it can be a bit tricky to work with. At times, the slanted tip applicator can tug on the skin, and the lips can feel too heavy. Other times, the gloss will glide over the lips pretty easily and will not feel overly uncomfortable. The most difficult aspect of this gloss is actually the removal. The glitter just refuses to come off easily. I find that the gloss itself can also separate a bit in the tube, so it can be a pain to work with to ensure it's actually properly combined. But the most annoying aspect is application, and getting it to look even due to the glitter.

Bang for your Buck:
The website lists these glosses at being $13.00USD. I do believe I got this for less than $9.00CAD, as it was on discount throughout the Christmas season. For a gloss, at regular price, the amount of product given for the price is good, and if you happen to like the gloss, it's well priced. I can see these glosses lasting a good amount of time as well with regular use, so I do think that it's a good deal. Especially if you purchase it throughout a seasonal sale.

Final Consensus:
If you are a fan of extreme glitter in your lip products, and if moderate stickiness does not pose a problem, give these glosses a try. The colour selection seems to be nice, and you are likely to find one that suits your skin tone nicely. The gloss seems to be too inconsistent and too heavily glittered for me to consider purchasing more shades, and I would not repurchase myself.
- Pros: Fantastic scent, reasonably priced, generally feels nice on the lips in terms of its consistency.
- Cons: Glittery is too chunky, glitter does not distribute evenly on the lips, does not always feel comfortable on the lips, can cause some minor burning if lips are dried out or previously irritated, glitter is difficult to remove completely, stickiness is not always the same with each application, can tug on the lips at times when applying.

Overall Rating: 2/5
Price: 2/5
Packaging Quality: 2/5
Would you buy this product again: No.