April 16, 2014 | 1551 users online

Cleansers - Dermalogica - Age Smart Skin Resurfacing Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I just cannot understand the allure of Dermalogica. This cleanser is exorbitantly priced, and yet, I do not see any difference in my skin tone. While it is true that I do not use this cleanser morning and night or even daily (no money for the full-sized product), I feel that I should feel some resurfacing going on over here if that is what is actually happening. I do not see even the most minute change in skin tone or texture. On the plus side, it is a non-irritating cleanser. Eh, nothing to write home about. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a Master Esthetician that has used this cleanser during school, on clients, and for personal use. It has Lactic Acid in it, which is derived from milk (keep that in mind if you are allergic to milk). Because it has acid in it, that means it exfoliates and cleanses, so you don't want to use it twice a day everyday. I rotate between this and a gentle skin cleanser. If it's used too much, it can dry out your skin and may cause breakouts. It's not meant to remove makeup! You want to work it into your skin for two-three minutes, rinse it completely off with luke warm water, and follow with a moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by tconlgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this cleanser. I am on my third container. I cannot say enough good things about it. However I will preface this by saying, it is a strong acid cleanser and with overuse your skin will become irritated. I follow it with the power rich moisturizer, which I also love, and this keeps my skin happy. If you have thicker skin which is in need of SERIOUS exfoliation. This is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by DKeff

Honestly, I am "that girl" too whom never writes reviews, I just read them. Can't ever be bothered writing. I do have to say that I have found my cleanser! After trying everything and anything, this is it. I tried it for the first time a few months ago after I went for a facial and they used this product on my skin, followed by giving me a few samples to take home. Instantly it got rid of my whiteheads and big, red zits in a matter of 3-4 days. Max. No word of a lie. I didnt think anything of it at the time except for how quickly it fixed my problem areas. A few months went by where my skin was okay but lately I have started breaking out BAD again. I remembered this product so I went back to the salon to ask for more samples (I wanted to do one more trial run again to make sure that the first time wasn't just a lucky fluke) and lo and behold, 3-4 days have gone by and my big, red breakouts have COMPLETELY cleared, white heads GONE. I am definitely going to go buy the actual bottle now. Yeah the cost might be a little pricey but good products typically are and what's the cost of saving your skin?! In addition to that, I'm sure the bottle will last a long time because you really dont need a lot of product to wash your face. Just a little dime-size to cleanse your face once in the evening before bed. I agree that it makes your skin feel a little tight but it dries out your acne in a matter of days. Just make sure you use a good moisturizer and you wont have a problem with flakes or dryness.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Thisisamie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For years I have been a dermalogica lover! I've never used a product of theirs and not been satisfied... Until now. I have very oily, sturdy skin. I have never had a sensitivity or reaction to a skin care product. Prior to this product I used their Soecial Cleansing gel for a few years. I then upgraded to the Chroma White cleanser to help even out some pigmentation. Both of which, i loved! Then turning 30 I figured id start my age preventative regime. So I bought this. BIG mistake! Within 3 days of using this i began to look like a lepper! I had skin peeling off my face for days. Not just a little flaky, I had CHUNKS of crusty skin, accompanied by burning, itchy, and inflamed patches! Not a good look considering I am a makeup artist. It got so bad that the only thing to give me some sort of relief was to smother my face with my baby daughters nappy rash cream until it cleared ( that took 3 nightly applications). If definitely recommend trying a sample of this harsh product first. Stupid me bought the salon size as I assumed I would love it, as I have all their other products. My advise would be to stick to your current dermalogica cleanser and just use the other products in the Age Smart range.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Harmnoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a self confessed product junkie, surprisingly this is the first review I have ever posted. I am that girl, the one that has tried EVERYTHING my budget would allow and sometimes not!
It took me a long time to realise the true nature of my skin, profusely/embarrassingly oily, clogged pores, open pores, sensitive, (although not in the traditional sense), acne prone, dehydrated and just for good measure excessive facial sweating. So you can imagine the quest I have been on to try and tackle all of these issues, especially in one product (for well over two decades).

Well, I have to say hands down this is the best cleanser I have ever used. I started with a sample size 7ml from e bay and noticed a remarkable difference after just one use. Visible reduction in appearance of pores, instant PH balancing effect, skin was neither too dry or too greasy, and the smoothness and brightness of my skin gives the perfect canvas for a make-up junkie like myself. I can definitely see this having fine line reducing qualities also. (I have a few superficial ones on my forehead that have disappeared).

One other thing to point out, do make sure you use a good hydrating/rich moisturizer after use or something like jojoba oil at night, and a good sunscreen for day time use to protect the epidermal layer of your skin.

I cannot recommend this product highly enough and although its pricy, in this case you really do get what you pay for.

P.s for those of you that have had bad reactions/not so great results, I do believe that this product has worked well for me because of my specific skin issues, potential users please beat that in mind and do try a sample first and follow the instructions to the letter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I have to give this product 5 lippies just because I can see the difference it made on my skin.
My skin is oily to combination and it is not sensitive, although I do sometimes use skin care for sensitive skin just to be more gentle.
I do use this face wash once a day after I take off my makeup with Vichy's Pureté Thermale
3-in-1 One Step Cleanser, which is a gentle makeup remover for sensitive skin.
I find that this combo does not dry out my skin and I can definitely tell that my skin is getting exfoliation without using abrasive products. Remember, if you have an oily skin or oily/combo skin the more you use products for oily skin and abrasive exfoliants your sebum production will increase and will cause more oiliness.

If you do have a sensitive skin than if you decide to purchase this product, perhaps use it once a week as a treatment and make sure to moisturize with a soothing cream afterwards.
It did not cause any break outs or skin concerns for me, but again my skin is not sensitive.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by deegeediva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

CAUTION: this specific dermalogica aha cleanser is far too strong for most skin types, particularly sensitve, as it contains too much combination of sodium laureth sufate, hexylene glycol and sodium hydroxide.
if you do decide to try it, use a very small amount and be absolutely sure keep it away from the delicate eye area. and do not use every day. maybe once a week, at most. it is extremely irritating and caused severe redness and swelling requiring professional medical attention and treatment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is a cream version of an acid based cleanser so good for dry skins. This is in my rotation of cleansers and I use this when i'm a bit dry. Its gentle but effective, washes off well and cleans well. I would recommend this however I do think its overpriced. There aren't many options for cream based glycolic cleansers on the market and i do feel this is well formulated. The only I would change is the packaging, I would prefer a squeeze tube as there is less wastage so you can get the last bits out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Fifaki

It is the greatest cleanser for me! It not only cleanses, but it removed a broad dark spot from my forehead, something many specific products had not managed. I alternate every night between this and the daily microfilm ant and I am very satisfied.