September 18, 2014 | 1669 users online

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The pro's :
- smells awesome
- the slight golden shimmer is lovely
- does help to tame flyaways & frizz

The con's :
- i find this quite a heavy consistency & i have thick dry hair
- i dont see any "intense shine" resulting from this product
- if you use too much it gets gloopy & sticky really fast
- expensive for what it is

i would not recommend this product. i use the phyto 7 (or 9) leave-in treatment & i find it works FAR better than this. yes, the slight gold glimmer adds something the phyto doesnt but im not interested in paying so much more for it because of that.
leave this & try something else first.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by finnishgal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Didn't get this product at all. Instead of nice shine or any extra moisture all I got was oddly sticky, dirty looking hair. Did not add manageability, shine or moisture. Great smell though.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2010 5:38:00 AM More reviews by TheBexExpress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I work in a place that sells this, and I find myself putting it on all day. It's a moisturising gel that's close to being a serum, with a gorgeous gold sparkly shine. Firstly, if your bottle of this is sticky, it's off or something. There is nothing remotely sticky about this product. It's a creamy gel consistency with no tackiness. I use it as a light smoothing and shine serum on dry hair through the day to keep my very thick and curly hair in check. I'd say it's fine for medium to thicker hair- it would weigh fine hair down a little too much and is a tad oily. I love the shine it gives me on my warm brunette hair, especially when the colour gets a bit dull, and it would be gorgeous on blondes too.

This gets 3 lipsticks and a no to buying because it's very little product for very little money, and not actually hugely useful- it's softening, but cheaper and better leave-in conditioners are moreso- and it gives a gorgeous shine, but there are much less expensive serums with better smoothing. It's nice, but not useful or good value so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by charissez

i found it a so-so product. made my hair very silky and manageable but also somehow it made it lose its natural volume. i will finish the bottle but i wont repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is rather sticky and the smell is very strong. I found it difficult to apply the product due to its stickiness. However, it does not weight my hair down, the smell disappears quickly. But still something is missing ... I see whether it will grow on me or not!
** It is not for me, too sticky, too smelly. I replaced this with the amazing Kerastase Curl Definitiomn Cream. Advice: avoid this product by Redken, a waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this while my hair is still damp...like a serum. I find it really smooths my hair out and tames frizz, but it doesn't last until my next shampoo like recovery complex does.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by spaige411

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, it smoothed and had some hold and smelled good just like most Redken products. :)
The only downfall is that it's almost $15 for a little 2oz bottle, but it does last a long time so I guess it pays off.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 12:01:00 PM More reviews by amya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great. I use it once I am done styling my hair (which looks a little frizzy, with flyaways).....one pump of this on my hair and it is VERY shiny, smooth and soft. My hair is not left greasy or weighed down. This is a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2007 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Miffny

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

When Redken deleted my old HG of leave-in's the All Soft- Soft Ends & replaced with the horrible Velvet Whip I was about to give up all hope until on a whim after a dodgy hair cut I asked a fellow blonde what on earth she used to get her obviously foiled blonde so shiny & sleek she told me 'Redken's All Soft Gold Glimmer' so off I went & bought some.
I applied 2 pumps to my parched bleached hair & it made my hair feel quite silky, it is not greasy (but could be if too much was used I think) but almost like gel oil without the greasiness or weight.
I must say it delivers exactly what it boasts -"Perfecting Shine Treatment Provides intense shine with lasting softness and frizz control", I also noticed the ingredients of Avocado Oil,Olive Oil &Silk Amino Acid plus Gold Camelina even though near identical to the Velvet Whip is not even a comparison. I am so glad to have stumbled across this as I thought I would never find another decent product again & I can say in all honesty All Soft Gold Shimmer is brilliant it truly delivers 100%.Soft Ends will remain my favorite always hopefully it will come back via public demand!

I would have preferred this in a bottle so I could get every last bit out as it's in a pump bottle which I know I will have to break to get the last little bit out !

This is now a replacement for the discontinued "All Soft Addictive Hair Transformer" which was a delightful product .

Update -All Soft Gold Glimmer is not doing much these days seems not to moisturise much at all, it was great for a while though.It does not deliver much at all these days. :-(