October 25, 2014 | 1093 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Wet Shine - Berry Slippery

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by RtiQlitQT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For additional reference, I have light-medium neutral-cool skintone and grey-blue eyes.

The shade number for this sheer, neutral, pinky mauve shade is 53. On me, this shade goes on a little bit more warmly than neutral. When I want a cooler-toned color, I opt for the shade Plumsicle, number 90, which I have also reviewed. I prefer the Plumsicle shade to this shade because it is more of a cooler pink which is more flattering for me.

This product is like expensive, tinted Chapstick, but gone after only a couple of hours of wear. It does go on sheer and light and not sticky, with no taste or smell to speak of. It does have pretty good shine right when it is applied, but it does not last and I detect no light-reflective particles like the packaging claims there is. The Wet Shine Diamonds line does contain more sparkle than these. The formula contains Vitamin E, which is good. The packaging is a standard plastic lipstick tube, more of a slightly rounded square, in a light, cool pink with a silvertone band.

Often I wear this in the spring and summer months when I just don't want a heavy or opaque lipcolor and I don't want the stickiness of a gloss. I wish this lasted longer. I will not be repurchasing this shade, but I will repurchase the Plumsicle shade.