November 27, 2014 | 1459 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Malibu Tan - Hemp Moisturizer (For Dry Skin)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

This product does not give a gradual tan- there is no self tanner in this specific product. The lotion itself is tinted a light tan color, but nothing beyond that.
I am not into the whole peace, love, and marijuana scene- the hippie thing just isn't my bag. So the packaging of this lotion has always been a turnoff to me and I never gave it even a second glance.
I ignored this lotion for quite some time. But now that I'm tanning again I was scouring the racks for something not too expensive with quality ingredients. I found this gem. The second ingredient is coconut oil! It also contains hempseed oil, sesame oil, jojoba oil, sunflower seed oil, olive oil, tea tree oil, green tea extract, calendula officinalis extract. And 18 oz for around 5 bucks. How ya gonna beat that?
It smells very tropical. Very moisturizing. LOVE IT. Only gripe- wish it didn't have the parabens.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by lipstickshells

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging isn't pretty and out of the three that I've bought, one wasn't completely full and one had a broken pump. BUT! That's where the bad news ends for me. I like the smell (as does my husband and best friend), it is DIRT CHEAP for a gradual tanner, and it actually moisturizes very well on top of that. I am so very white and this gives me enough color to look healthy. Love, love this product. I was happy to find it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by anoddchild

I've tried a couple other gradual self-tanners. Dove and jergens come to mind. Jergens made me break out on my face AND my back (which I'm not particularly prone to do) and reeked like crazy. Not attractive.

I am very pale and I've been very happy with the slow build-up of colour, which I think looks very natural on me. I like that I can control the depth of colour by how often I apply. It doesn't make my body break out, however, it does seem to make my face break out, so I don't use this on my face.
Would definitely buy again. I like how it smells well enough in the bottle even though i'm not a fruit-scent fan. This has a creaminess to it i like. My skin feels smooth and nourished using this, but so far I've only used it since last November, so I can see where it might get greasy-feeling in the summer.

Also- my boyfriend actually likes how this smells a lot, even the DHA-y smell (go figure). He kept putting it on his hands when he came over until i told him to stop unless he wanted them to be a different color! :P

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Tsukichan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the lotion with the sunless tanner in it, and so far I am pleased with the product. I don't think I would repurchase this if it didn't have the sunless tanner just because the fragance is reminiscent of one of those nasty "tropical" car fresheners, but since it is a sunless tanner (and all sunless tanners stink to some degree) I can tolerate it a little more. I apply it after my shower each night so the color can develop, and thankfully the smell does wear off by the morning. I did notice a peak in stinkiness towards the middle of the night, but since it's not noticeable come morning, it doesn't bother me too much. The color progression is slow to build on my slightly tan Asian skin, but might work better for lighter skin tones. It seems perfect for the wintertime, when a deeper tan would look kind of odd.
Bottom line: Stinky, but not as bad as most sunless tanners on the market. Color is golden and subtle, but won't produce deep tan results. Moisturizing, dries quickly, and is smooth, not sticky.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by cassielynn24

this is my HG lotion! i really love it, and for 5 or 6 bucks, you cant go wrong. it has a great sent, great ingreadents and feels nice on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the ingredients. It seems like a very high quality lotion and is not greasy. The smell was amazing straight out of the bottle kind of like coconuts. After I put it on and it settles it takes on kind of a coconut-strawberry smell. I swear I smell like my strawberry shortcake doll, plastic and all, from when I was five years old. For little over $5 you get an 18 oz. bottle. I will use it more as a hand lotion but I like to rub it on my knees, as well. But, I'll only tolerate the plasticky smell this time around. I won't be re-buying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

*****************THIS IS NOT the Malbu Tan product that is for self-tanning. This is just a moisturizer. The other one is named "Malibu Tan Golden Glow Skin Firming."**********************

PROS: Very good moisture. Reasonable price. No sticky residue.

CONS: I don't have any cons.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 8:18:00 AM More reviews by sunshine824

I can't believe I didn't review this.

It's probably the BEST lotion I've ever used.
I have no idea why this particular combination of ingredients is so spectacular on my extremely dry skin, but it is.

***HOWEVER***
It. Smells. Like. Vomit.

Like someone smoked too many menthol cigarettes while drinking too many banana daquiris and threw up.
Banana + menthol + weird icky = vomit.

Because of this alone, I will never, EVER repurchase.
Unless of course they change the scent.
In which case I'll be buying stock.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 10:19:00 AM More reviews by vogysgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not quite clear as to why people are calling this a self tanner. Its not. First off, they need to find the right product they're reviewing before writing a review. People are reviewing products under different products.

Anyways, this stuff is awesome. Number one awesome thing about it is the fact that they don't test on animals. Number two, it lasts most of the day. Number three, it helps your tan last longer. The smell is kind of strong but I like it. If you're sensitive to strong smells, this isn't the product for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Princesa7

I usually like Malibu Tan moisturizers a lot but the scent on this one was just too much for me=( other than the scent the moisturization is great!!