October 2, 2014 | 1076 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Satsuma Puree Body Lotion

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

There's no denying this is a good overall body lotion - it certainly moisturised my skin nicely and kept the dreaded dry knees at bay. And there's no denying that this smells really good too (a very citrusy, summery smell - perfect for winter or when you're having a down day). But my one issue with this and the sole reason I wouldn't repurchase is the amount of parabens this has in it. There's 5 - count them - 5!! Shame on you The Body Shop. For a company which prides itself on using natural, organic and fair trade ingredients in their products, this is a huge let down for me. I'll be going back to their olive body butter, which although still contains them, only contains 2!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The scent is AMAZING...! That is the number one reason why I would repurchase this product. However, it doesn't moisturize my fairly dry skin enough. It works well as a daily moisturizer but not if you're in need of heavy duty moisture. Also, sometimes I felt it left like a thin layer of dried product on my skin that made my skin feel tight. But I can forgive that because of the smell... :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Liajul

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lotion smells amazing, it's classic Satsuma like the kind I remember so many years ag, it hasn't changed. I do miss the fragrance oils they used to have and Fuzzy Peach too, wish they'd bring that back but I digress.. wish it wasn't as light a moisturizer but I had no choice for the pump dispenser which I wanted it in. It works since I wanted the Satusma perfume to go with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Rosahelen

I am not a fan of this body lotion at all! the scent is far too artificial and zesty. the smell instantly gives me a headache. however that being said it does soften the skin but I cannot get passed the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by LyssC

This is my ultimate go-to summer moisturizer. The citrusy, orangy, zesty scent is a great, energizing pick-me-up on a hot day. I prefer it over the body butter, which seems to have a different scent compared to the puree body lotion (alway smells a bit off to me....like it's gone bad or expired or something!)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by CoralSunrize

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion! If you find that body butters or other lotions/creams get too heavy, try Satsuma Puree from the Body Shop. It's amazingly refreshing after a workout shower as it truly feels like your skin is drinking it up and it's light and sinks in 100% completely with NO residue whatsoever.
At first you may find the puree a little sticky as it dries, but it will within the minute. I think that this puree is amazing, I've never felt my skin "drink" something up like this! It's so cooling. This isn't the most hydrating lotion and I mainly use it after workout showers so there's no greasy feel when I definitely don't want to be greasy. Later I will apply body butter though because my skin gets really dry, but not from this lotion.. it's naturally very dry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

This lotion/puree is absolutley amazing... I am not sure how good of a job it does at moisturizing your skin, because I use it on top of a shea butter lotion i use every night and day, but it smells WONDERFUL. Its called a puree for a reason, everytime you put it on it feels and smells like you cut up chunks of oranges and smothered them all over your body. There is no other smells of chemicals or additives- it smells exactly like fruit, nothing more nothing less. I also love that there products are as natural as they come, and they do not test on animals... you would be shocked if you really knew how many companies do actually test on animals. Smells amazing, all natural with no added chemicals and no testing on animals? its a win win... however you do pay the price as their products are not cheap. They have several sales through out the year- usually in Nov and Dec that help a little with the prices. I will pay the money for this product though... its well worth every penny.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What happened to my Satsuma Body Lotion? This is not the same formula of the Satuma body lotion that I love so much. I purchase multiple items when products go on sale, because I do not have a local store near where I live. I noticed today that I had run out of hand lotion. So, I checked my stock and I noticed the package said, "Satsuma Puree Body Lotion". Well, this is nothing like my old Satsuma hand lotion or body lotion.

This "puree" lotion doesn't even dry on your hands and ends up gritty if you rub your hands together too long. Additionally, it does not take the dryness away from your hands. I am so disappointed. I don't like to have to use my body butter on my hands every time I need lotion and I am a lotion freak. I am so disappointed that the formula is different with this product and I have about four or five more in hiding in my closet from my DH. I bought all of this product so long ago, it's doubtful I can return it on-line. What a disappointment...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 8:41:00 AM More reviews by _AlleyCat_

Love love this lotion. I think they have changed the formula over the years. This one seems a little sticky at first but that goes away as you work it into the skin. The smell is just so heavenly. This is ok as an everyday lotion. If you want something a little more moisturizing try the Satsuma body butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by mystere69

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great moisturizer for your face. It leaves your skin feeling smooth, without making it feel sticky. I love the texture and the scent of this lotion.