July 31, 2014 | 1972 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Timeslikethese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was lucky enough to bag some of this for a steal on eBay, otherwise I wouldn't have splashed out and I would definitely have been missing out.

This is basically the finish my skin has been in need of. It can look a bit flat after setting powder which I really need to control the oily areas, so a little of this shimmer on my cheeks nose and forehead really bring it back to life and give me that healthy glow I've been longing for. I can expect a bit less from my foundation and powder as a result.

The price seems really steep, but this is going to last me years and years of daily use. It feels like an investment and if I were to lose it (eek!) I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by kathrynannferrel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Such a pretty item, and not to mention versatile, too! Normally, I use this product as my HG blush. It gives me a nice subtle color of rose to my cheeks, and really brightens up the face. It can be a highlighter as well. I have seen some videos in which girls have used this quartz for eyeshadows, which is a brilliant idea, and they all look so beautiful. This applies smoothly and lasts all day. Where would I be without my Shimmer Brick?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Elisonia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great! First shimmer brick I bought as I felt it would be the most versatile. I love putting it on my cheekbones as a highlighter or spread over my collarbone in the evening. It gives such a nice pink/bege sheen when the light hits! Be careful though as a little goes a long way and applying it all over can make you look more sweaty and shiny rather than sparkly and fabulous! Take it from me (and pictures I saw of myself from Halloween). But applied sparingly and in the right places this is amazing! I plan to purchase more colours soon. They last a really long time as well, I had mine about a year. In the beginning if you drop them they do actually stay intact but when you're nearing the end and you drop it you are screwed and it is very hard to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

This is a very nice highlighter. I only use this of a night when going out as I find it a bit overpowering for daytIme. It gives me a frosty look. I was actually advised against this by the SA who recommended nectar or bronze but both looked too dark for my yellow based skin. I'm very glad I invested in this as I was umming and aahing for a while. It lasts forever too so I would recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is a beautiful shimmer brick. Its a very versatile product because i use the indivdual stripes as e/s sometimes, and swipe all together and use it as blush and/or highilighter on top of my cheekbones and nose. It gives me a very natural glow without the glittery, shimmery mess. I will say though that when i use this as a monchromatic makeup i.e. as e/s and blush, then the look is very warm and bronzey so perfect for summer months. I pair it with Chanel RC Mademoiselle lipstick and Petit Peche lipgloss on top. I am a BB shimmerbrick convert again because years ago I had Beige which always broke me out and it was super shimmery/frosty, but not anymore. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by kloud04

As I posted in my review for BB Pale Pink, I bought this because I read that Kate Middleton uses it and my only complaint is the tiny amount you get for the price. I do think that BB's products will last a very long time so I guess that doesn't really matter. I really like how subtle it is while still adding a natural highlight. So far I have only tried it over Pale Pink blush and the Pale Pink rouge pot and really liked the results. I have not tried it by itself but I don't think it would really show up on my medium tone skin. I have tried several highlights with little luck. Nars albatross and Copacabana left me a shiny glittery mess. I tried one from Mac that just broke me out. Pink Quartz reminds me of Bare minerals in clear radiance (without the beige and brown shades you get in the shimmerbrick) If you are looking for a less expensive dupe and are just wanting a pink shade I would try that. You can always find it super cheap on ebay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

This is the first shimmer brick I have bought and the first product I have really liked from Bobbi Brown. It gives a very subtle glow to my cheekbones. It is not too pink and works well along with a matte bronzer (I use the Bourjois chocolate bronzer in 51). Great on fairer skintones. I really have no idea how this would work for darker skintones. I like how you can use the stripes individually for eye shadows or to highligh smaller areas. It takes a small amount of this to create such a lovely effect. I would be tempted by some of the other colours if they weren't so pricey!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by momofthreeboys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this shimmer brick. Great colors on my fair skin tone. I use it on my upper cheek bone right below my eyes and down the center of my nose. Not too obvious but does a great job giving you a highlight glow. Will last FOREVER (as long as it doesn't fall on my tile floor)!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love love love this Shimmerbrick! I also have the Beige, Bronze and Pink one (someone gave me the Pink one because I wanted the Pink Quartz and they made a mistake), and also the Gold one. I also like the Beige one. But Pink Quartz is so so good for afternoons/evening/nights. The trick is to just put on a tiny little bit on top of the cheekbones and around the brow bone. If you put on just a sweep it will make your cheekbones stand out, but no one can tell WHY they stand out. It will look like they naturally stand out, but not because you are wearing makeup. I don't like Shimmerbricks for daytime though because they are visible in the sunlight, you can see there is a powder there. I also use the BB brush that was made specially for the Shimmerbricks. When the MA at BB used the brush on me she got amazing results, but I couldn't duplicate those results except with the BB brush. So I got it, it's very useful as you can also do other things with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Clare_3108

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this after reading the reviews on here, I also have the Nude and the Beige shimmerbricks and wasn't too sure if this was much different from the Nude but, took the plunge and oh boy it is beeeeeeeeeeautiful. It is now my fave shimmerbrick after nude, it appears on me as a pinky beige which really flatters my complexion. Will last for ages I havenb't got to the bottom of one of these yet.