Bobbi Brown Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.6

This is a nice pinkish highlight if you like it pink. My tastes have changed and I like more golden highlights than pink. I like to glide the Real Techniques setting brush from top to bottom so I grab all the shades and dust it over my high points. It's an expensive product but a little goes a long way.

I have several shimmer bricks and have always found them to be the best highlighters. I keep trying others and going back. They add a glow without a glittery look. I recently added pink quartz to my collection and it has become my favorite. It is the perfect blend of warm and cool pinks, so every skin tone could use it. It would be pretty in both winter and summer as well, so it is more versatile. The brick will last forever..I can not imagine running out of it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my favorite shades of Shimmer Bricks and one of my favorite highlighters in general. I'm not really into white or golden highlights. When you start talking pink or nude, however, I'm in and this is a good combination of both. You can definitely get a good highlight from it but it's not over the top at all. Reminds me very much of MAC Soft and Gentle when all the shades are swirled together.

I was expecting way more from this product... Sad to say. I do like it,yes,but I hoped it would be more finely milled shimmer and more pigmentation. Yet I don't know if the trick is that it's not finely milled and therefore different than other highlighters and blushes.I tried it as an eyeshadow...No way! I does not act like eyeshadow at all,it doesn't cling on the eye lid,I think. I hoped it could be used in different ways,but is it an highlighter only..? I do use it as a blush mostly,so I guess it's a blush and a highlighter. Pink shampange,glowy bronze,they're all glowy in the pan,but not on the skin I think,not as much I expected. Would not purchase again. (I guess I learn to like it :)

My very first highlighter and I liken it to a first love- there will always be other highlighters, but none that will be quite like this one.

People complain that it is too shimmery to use during the day time...I'd like to say I agree and disagree at the same time. It all depends on your preference really. Because this has a pinkish tint to it I double it up as a blusher so it adds a really subtle hint of colour to my cheeks on top of highlighting it. Alternatively, i've noticed in photos that when I swirl my brush more onto the brown side of it and apply it slightly beneath my cheek bones, it acts kind of like a bronzer as well.

I personally have never used this quad as an eyeshadow palette before because I really do not like how intensely shimmery the colours stand out individually. But it still works beautifully as a highlighter.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this highlighter! It is a frosty, light, pink champagne color that looks really pretty on fair skin. It looks like it would be too dark, or too pink..but it's not. I swatched it next to MAC'S Soft & Gentle, and they are nearly identical. This is the only shimmer brick that I like off BB. It's not too shimmery, it doesn't break me out, and it doesn't accentuate pores either. I will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was lucky enough to bag some of this for a steal on eBay, otherwise I wouldn't have splashed out and I would definitely have been missing out.

This is basically the finish my skin has been in need of. It can look a bit flat after setting powder which I really need to control the oily areas, so a little of this shimmer on my cheeks nose and forehead really bring it back to life and give me that healthy glow I've been longing for. I can expect a bit less from my foundation and powder as a result.

The price seems really steep, but this is going to last me years and years of daily use. It feels like an investment and if I were to lose it (eek!) I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Such a pretty item, and not to mention versatile, too! Normally, I use this product as my HG blush. It gives me a nice subtle color of rose to my cheeks, and really brightens up the face. It can be a highlighter as well. I have seen some videos in which girls have used this quartz for eyeshadows, which is a brilliant idea, and they all look so beautiful. This applies smoothly and lasts all day. Where would I be without my Shimmer Brick?

This is great! First shimmer brick I bought as I felt it would be the most versatile. I love putting it on my cheekbones as a highlighter or spread over my collarbone in the evening. It gives such a nice pink/bege sheen when the light hits! Be careful though as a little goes a long way and applying it all over can make you look more sweaty and shiny rather than sparkly and fabulous! Take it from me (and pictures I saw of myself from Halloween). But applied sparingly and in the right places this is amazing! I plan to purchase more colours soon. They last a really long time as well, I had mine about a year. In the beginning if you drop them they do actually stay intact but when you're nearing the end and you drop it you are screwed and it is very hard to use it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a very nice highlighter. I only use this of a night when going out as I find it a bit overpowering for daytIme. It gives me a frosty look. I was actually advised against this by the SA who recommended nectar or bronze but both looked too dark for my yellow based skin. I'm very glad I invested in this as I was umming and aahing for a while. It lasts forever too so I would recommend!