October 23, 2014 | 2026 users online

Palettes - Yves Saint Laurent - Love Collection Powder Compact 2007

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw this online, it was my first true lemming and I had to have it. I found it on evilbay. It is so gorgeous, the powder is nice and matte and great for touchups, it is translucent even on my fair skin. Happy to pull this out of my handbag. The blush area is too light to really be called a blush. For that reason, it is losing a lippie. I would not purchase again, certianly not for full price. It is so gorgeous, and I love the heart in the pan though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Arduinna4

Well i bought this online (cause i'm a sucker for "heart" packaging) so i didnt know exactly what to expect. The packaging is really of high quality and very very preety. Its smaller than i thought and the pink heart inside (the shimmery part) is big relatively to the total size. Thats why i find it hard to isolate the matte beige part and use it as powder. So i guess the only choice is to use them both as a beige-pink blusher which is not bad at all!It smells wonderful also-rosy like. Its an item you like more to see and feel than wear. You dont NEED it though. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 2:39:00 PM More reviews by milliegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder comes in the most adorable silver compact with a red heart and the YSL signature on it. It's then tucked into a glamorous red velvet pouch with a puff. Inside the compact is a matte flesh toned powder with a pink shimmery heart in the center, also with the YSL signature. I was expecting it to be all shimmer, but the matte powder surrounding the heart makes a nice face powder that seems to be translucent on my fair complexion. I can swirl both shades together to sweep across my forehead, cheek bones, temples, etc. as a highlighter (the matte tones down the shimmer), or I can single out the pink as a light blush, which goes on more sheerly than it looks like it would, thankfully. Plus I can also use the matte powder alone to take the shine off my nose, chin, etc. It comes with a little powder puff, but I use the Stila #24 duo ended powder brush because I can more precisely pick up what I want.

I really like this product, but it's not as multi-functional as I was hoping. The SA who sold it to me even said I would be able to use it as e/s as well, but this isn't true because it's really only meant for the complexion. Still, it's so pretty and fun to use. I have to admit it ends up being a unique product for me because of the matte/shimmer combo, so I'm giving it a 5-lipstick rating in spite of it not being what I was expecting. continued >>