September 23, 2014 | 963 users online

Hair Styling Tools - GHD - Original GHD Hairstyling Iron with Ceramic Technology

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Grapeyhan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought mine before the school year started last year. I absolutely love this flat iron, but my hair can never stay straighten, especially the ends. They do this weird flip out from every angle(even when my hair's cut). And last March my flat iron just pooped out on me, light didn't flash, no heat, no nothing. But I brought it in about a month ago and they replaced it, no questions asked. They even offered me my money back! If this one breaks and I can't get another for free, I won't buy it again, mine cost almost $200.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by JuanitaMolley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mine works great. I love my GHD straightener. I nearly use it 4 times each week but which also did not fry my hair.
I also bought it cheaper just $123.99 on http://www.magicqueen.com/Product-GHD-Classic-Styler-Ceramic-Hair-Straightener-198.html.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by MsZabz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would be so lost without this flat iron! I am a true believer in having the right tools for the job and at first I didn't think I really needed something as fancy as this since I have very fine hair but now when I look at photos of my hair before I started using it, what a big difference!

My hair never had as much shine to it and when I catch a glimpse of my hair in the mirror under a light, my hair looks so glossy. I also find that I barely have any split ends these days because the iron doesn't cause the same kind of damage that other ones have.

I went on vacation to the Mayan Riviera where it gets extremely humid and before leaving the room, I flat ironed my hair. I was told that the iron's features locks all the moisture in the hair so that it doesn't frizz up when exposed to humidity. Frizz is just a natural reaction to your hair seeking out more moisture so if the hair is kept moist enough, it won't feel the need to puff up to allow water in. The flat iron sealed in all my hair's natural moisture and when I stepped out into the humidity, my hair stayed flat as a board. I had other girls around the resort coming up to me with really frizzy hair asking me my secret product to keeping my hair straight. I told them that I spent $300 on the GHD iron. Plus, it also helps to use a strong hairspray to block out the humidity like TresSemme or Got 2 b Glued Freeze Spray.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

I balked at spending $200 on a hair straightener but decided to give GHD a chance, considering the only styling I do to my hair is straighten it, and I straighten it everyday. I figured if it was as good as people said, it would be worth it.

WOW! So glad I bought it. Prior to this I was using my CHI ceramic straightener since 2009 and I thought CHI was the best. Nope-- this GHD straightener is amazing.

the GHD beeps when it's hot enough to use. And it beeps within 5-10 seconds of turning on! How does it heat up so fast?

the barrel is rounded so that theoretically this can be used as a hair curler as well. I have never tried it so Idk how well it would work that way.

Plus -- it has an automatic shut off built in if you are forgetful like me. No more anxiety about "Did I leave the flat iron on??"

I was wary of getting a fake one from amazon or evilbay so I bought mine full price from Sephora's website.

Word of advice-- Read the handout instruction book that comes with this. It says wrapping the cord around the iron to store will cause malfunction of the wires. I've been doing that for years! Now I know

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

Hands down, this is the best straightener that I have ever used. I used to use the straighteners that the sell at the stands in the mall. Check out my previous reviews. They are alright and cost $50 on ebay. At the time, they were my first straighteners. It took little to be impressed. But several straighteners later, this is the BEST one I have ever used.

I purchased this straighter from the GHD site to ensure authenticity. A lot of the people with poor reviews might want to check that theirs is authentic. There is a code to check whether it is registered on the GHD site. I bought mine on sale on GHD site, so that it came out to ebay prices. I even got a cute storage purse, clips, and book with it. Price was around $180 dollars, though I paid $3 in credit card fees for buying from London. Shipping was fast and FREE.

So far, no regrets. I have been using this straightener for one year now. It works just as well as the day that I bought it a year ago. AND THAT IS THE MAIN DIFFERENCE. You turn it on and it is ready to use in 5 seconds.It even beeps to indicate that. The size and shape is classic black and gold. I like that the top of the flat iron is curved, so that you can use it to make curls. It works just as well as a curler too!

Overall, I am really impressed. I hope to use this straightener for a longtime. I think the best straighteners on the market are CHI and GHD. GHD is bettter though, in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by hydra101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used straighteners for over 20 years and they have come a long way. So over the years I've had various brands and this so far is my favourite - which it better be for the price. Now that my hair is older and more fragile, I'm willing to spend the money - if I was in my 20's, maybe not so much because my hair was stronger back then and I wouldn't have had the cash. Anyway, I was reluctant, but I knew I could return it, so I justified it to myself and bought it at almost $200.00 with tax! I got it the end of August and so far no regrets. It does not cut back on time though if that's what you are hoping for, but the results are impressive. My hair gets really straight and I have wavy hair that I straighten to smooth it out more than anything. In the morning my hair looks crazy, and this still gets it smooth. To me the cost is worth it if this lasts which I'm hoping it does because I will admit it felt odd spending that kind of money on a tool for my hair. But getting ready is better when you like what you're using and it makes you feel good. My advice - if you know you can return it, then try it if you are a daily user of straighteners and have been for a long time. I know it's not healthy to use one all the time, but who am I kidding. And the one setting doesn't bother me.

Update April 27/2014 - it's not as hot as it once was and I haven't had this for year. I have to go over my hair again and again. So now I would stick to the less expensive ones for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by chrononaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First let me say, I LOVED this iron. I never really used it to straighten but when i did it left my hair sleek and smooth. Not only that but it gave me wonderful waves and curls. I used it about once a week and along with my hair regimen, I have no split ends.

I gave it one star because it costs 185 dollars.
I gave it one star because it costs 185 dollars and it quit on me after 2 months.
I gave it one star because GHD did NOT honor the warranty.

Would repurchase though, if I had the means right now.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Olipants87

I was so excited to try this straightener after my Sedu died, but sadly it's gotta go back to Sephora. I really really wanted to like it but since it only heats up to 350 it took me TWICE as long to do my hair with subpar results. I have very fine but super kinky blonde hair and this made it look dull and just couldn't cut out the frizz. I tried using tiny portions of hair at one time and still had to pass over the section almost 10 times.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by simskat

Amazing straighteners. If you think that because it doesn't get as hot as other flat iron the results won't look as good, then you are completely wrong. In fact, it's the complete opposite. These ones glide through my hair like no other straightener ever did. I am so happy of my purchase, my hair never looked this good.
PS: It's not AS expensive as so many people claim it is. I mean, I got mine from a UK authorized reseller (you can check sites on the ghd website) and the prices were cheaper, international delivery included, than I thought they would be (around 94).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by hellokatieeeeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely the best straightener ever. Yes, it is very expensive but it makes my hair so silky and smooth. I've had mine for over 2 years now and I am still so in love with it.