July 30, 2014 | 2115 users online

Lipstick - Mary Kay - Signature Lipstick - Whipped Berries

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by jdublew

This is one of my favourite every day lipstick. I don't wear alot of makeup so this perfect for the no make up look. I can describe this as a pink plum berry depending on your skin tone. I am a mac c7. I use vaseline rosy lips under this lipstick. This lipstick is very moisturising and doesn't ever flake so great for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by white05mustang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all, I love this color. It looks great on my fair skin and compliments me beautifully. If this color was available in a lip gloss, I would purchase it. I received a sample of this color from a good friend of mine (MK rep) and I loved how it looked and felt on my lips. Normally, I am not a lipstick girl, only gloss, but since I decided to order the full size because I thought it actually felt good on my lips. I ordered the full size tube and I was terribly disappointed. The tube totally dried out my lips from the minute I put it on. It felt NOTHING like the sample. I tried it several different days, even at different times of the day and still the same results. What a disappointment from Mary Kay. If I want to wear this lipstick, I have to put clear gloss on underneath it just to wear it. I do not recommend this product for that reason, it is way too drying. It makes my lips peel and look terrible. If you have received a sample and are thinking about purchasing the full size... think again. The full size may not be anything like the texture of the sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by historian12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm really surprised at how negative some of the reviews of this product have been. I only bought this because I have a niece who started selling Mary Kay, but I'm really glad I did. The color is perfect for me--a very classic berry with a light shimmer. It wears really well--I only have to re-apply a couple of times a day. The tube is nice and sturdy. I really can't think of anything bad to say about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by whoocurls

The color is nice, almost a neutral, good for everyday. But it is so drying on my lips! I've been through a couple of tubes but am tired of having to wear a lip balm underneath so I just tossed an almost new tube.

I know it's supposed to be a "moisturizing" lipstick but it is not, at least not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is a pretty, not-too-cool deep pink, slight shimmer. A very light touch is just enuff to darken the lips and still look natural. A little on the dry side, which is good because that means better staying power for me. I use it like a stain, apply with my fingers, and if I need to glam it up a little, add some lipgloss on top.

It's a nice lipstick, but overpriced. Many others can be found for a lot less money at any drugstore. Lipstick is just one of those things that I have a hard time justifying spending a lot of money on. Of course I want something that has a nice formula and color and staying power, but like I said, I can find that for half of what this costs. The only products I will splurge on are face stuff - foundation, highlighters, sometimes blush, and sometimes eyeshadow. For everything else, and especially for lipstick, there are just too many acceptable and low cost alternatives to justify spending $14 that this MK lipstick costs.

My sister in law had a party, and because I wanted her to get whatever bonus she had coming, I picked up a few things. And I don't necessarily dislike Mary Kay- like most lines it has it's good and it's bad. But I would not buy this again, the only reason being the cost.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by peachroad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I like this color and it compliments my complexion. It looks elegant. With a no make up look, I don't think this will be a good lipstick to use. I like to use this when I wear bright eyeshadows.

The packaging is nice. The formula is non-sticky and glides easily.

We do not have any Mary Kay stores here in the Philippines so I don't think I can repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I've had this lipstick forever lol I kinda like the dark berry pinkish rosy color I usually darken it when I use the dark chocolate or dark berry lipliner wich imo makes the lipstick look a lot better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by jjff

I am surprised to see such positive reviews for this lipstick. I bought it mostly for the color, a seemingly universally flattering shade of berry, but it turned out to be too intense for my PPP complexion, with just enough blue to make my teeth appear less white than they look with a warmer-toned color on my lips. Some shine or a little sparkle would have helped, but the shade is flat and rather dull.

Apart from its lackluster color, the formula feels heavy and waxy and is definitely not one of those wonderful smooth, intensely pigmented, lightweight, yet moisturizing and comfortable lipsticks that are now available at drugstores just as readily as in higher-end lines. It seems outdated and cheap, comparable to an old-school Covergirl lipstick and certainly not worth $14. Safe to say I will never buy another MK lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Joyciejuice

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

beautiful color. Nice delicate scent. Would compliment any complexion. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2007 9:24:00 AM More reviews by dressagehj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the lipstick I use the most often. Beautiful color, great lasting power. Glides on smoothly, doesn't feel 'sticky'.