October 20, 2014 | 2002 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Night Series Palette (2007) (6 pan)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by bingobatbat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has got to be one of the worst palettes for eyeshadow I've ever used. It's chalky, unpigmented, the glitter drops out and some of the colours too similar.I tried wet, dry, layered everywhich way you can imagine. I've been wearing eyeshadows for 20 + years and know my stuff. Now I'm not hating Nars normally, in fact I have spent hundreds on their products and I love them, however this was just a rush job to make a quick bit of money. Francois, how can you out your name to this?

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by tiggerkid

My first purchase of Nars eyeshadows. All dark colours are great. Pigmentation is strong and colours are really nice. All light colours are absolutely useless and don't come through even if applied over primers or when used to highlight certain areas of your eyes. This effectively makes buying any of these sets pointless and you may as well go for individual dark colours as opposed to wasting your money on expensive palettes. This is what I am going to do next time. That's if there is going to be a next time. Very disappointing really.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by bebemonte

This palette is such a piece of crap! The colors are not usable because of the tremendous fallout. Maybe 2 out of 6 are okay but for $60 -- what a waste!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got so excited when i heard about this palette. I LOVE NARS esp the eyeshadow, but i was some what let down. In the palette the colours look amazing but on the skin their just not the same. I found a couple hard to blend, esp night snow- i found the glitter too chunky. I so wanted to love this but i didn't. It now resides in my dressing table drawer like new with the other useless products i have purchased over the years and forgot about.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by xdollyx16

After discovering how popular the Night Series was, I knew that I had to try it out myself. And what better than getting not one or two but a palette of six..? Right?.....
Wrong. This shouldn't be called the "Night" palette, rather the "Chunky Glitter" palette. The pigmentation in most of them is rather sad, only the two darker colors (Night Clubbing and Night Fever) actually show with one swipe. The consistency in all of them is hard, personally I found them very difficult to work with.
The worst part is that they all contain glitter, not the subtle type, but the really chunky kind. Night Snow and Night Fever seem to me as the chunkiest, which leads to a ton of fallout (I have glitter all over my cheek area). Actually Night Snow is nothing BUT pressed chunky glitter, it's not a shadow at all.
Despite the overall disappointment, I might give it a few more tries, mainly with the purples and the peach in it, trying to press them on without blending - seems to me that blending is a safe way to worsen the fallout....but then again...too much effort to make a bad product work...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by bpanda

HORRIBLE. This palette is beautiful to look at, but that's about it. The light shades have so little pigment they don't even show up (I was especially disappointed in the peach, which I had been hoping would show up a true peach). Dark shades didn't work well as liner. Overall, the texture and pigmentation of this palette was awful. I wasted $$$ on this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by ohtwicemyburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually really love this palette! I rarely ever reach for it, as I'm more of a neutrals girl, but it's great to have in my arsenal when I want to amp up my look for the evening. All of the colors are so unique and complex - beautiful! If you know how to apply NARS shadows and like to be a bit inventive with your eye makeup, than you will adore this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2008 7:27:00 AM More reviews by silentjava

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The priduct is really not worth the money. I like Nars eyeshadow, but donno why they make this palette. there's only one color in this is pretty, the others suck. Absolutely won't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by imaginative02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

a definate NO to repurchase this item! i wanted it so much in the beginning but when i finally got it, it was a real disappointment.
I've been wanting to get this palette ever since it came out. I could not buy it as it was noy available in singapore, but finally i manage to get it in a swap. heard so much good stuff about NARS products, so was pretty excited to try it... this palette contains 6 shades, which are Night Star. Night Clubbing, Night Snow, Night Rider, Night Fever, and Night Fairy. personal favourite in this palette are Night Clubbing and Night Fever, they r pigmented and are easy to blend. but for the other 4 shadows are THE WORST E/S I EVER TRIED! The texture is hard,chunky, best part is the colour doesn't even show up no matter how many layers i put on or with any primer! Night Snow is the worst of the worst, the glitter is so chunky that it hurts my eyes and all the glitters just fall onto my face instead of staying on my eyes! will be super sceptical about nars e/s next time. great disappoinment!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by rozez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These colors are vivid, and each have different effects to them. I have a feeling a good primer would help fallout issues. Works great for dramatic, smoky eyes.