Make Up For Ever Lipgloss

3.6

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This review is for Sweet Pink 202 Plexi lipgloss. It's a sheer baby pink in a small tube w a doe foot applicator that I got w my sephora VIB Rouge points so it was free but as I understand it the full sized version is quite expensive. I prefer MAC Lipglasses. The MUFE is good but their price pointe would discourage me as I can buy MAC for $16. It was an awesome freebie but I would prob not buy it coz I am so loyal to MAC. The scent was not off putting but MAC appeals to me more. Sweet Pink is a pretty color with very little glitter, very sheer but still looks polished for a daytime look esp w minimal makeup. I'm a lipgloss junkie so I love them all. It would have to be pretty awful for me not to like it LOL I'm quite partial to lipglosses esp high end lippies of all kinds (esp gratis lippies!). I can see this color being easily duped but the formula is fabu, it feels really luxurious not like a cheap wnw mega slicks gloss (which granted have their place & time!) :)

on 11/30/2011 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love the majority of Make Up For Ever products but this was meh for me. The thing is, the lipgloss is great quality, it's not sticky & it's long lasting. The problem this has is the taste. It doesn't taste like a typically flavored gloss, it tastes like it's heavily perfumed. I had a weird taste on my lips the entire time. It's a shame b/c I like the gloss in general & I could care less about flavored/scented products but I just can't handle the overwhelming perfume flavor this seems to have.

I got the color Star Collection s2. The color is described as a pearly light beige. It is very sheer but looks pretty on the lips. The formula is amazing. It really stays on the lips but is not sticky at all. It is so smooth and moisturizing. I am amazed. I think the flavor is mango or something.

on 11/27/2009 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I waited a long time for Sephora to get this color in (14, Raspberry). So disappointed. The color is fuschia, almost purple, and it goes on very, very light. Not at all the deep raspberry I was hoping for. It's going back to Sephora.

on 8/22/2009 9:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this lip glosses. They smell amazing, and have fantastic colours. They can look a little intimidating, but don't let that scare you--- they go on very sheer and they look gorgeous with just a hint of colour. They also have a really nice consistency, I find these to be not as sticky as other glosses.

on 7/10/2008 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I own a few of these and what I love about them is that they are very shimmery, they have a fruity/floral smell that's just yummy, and they are super shiny. They are not sticky at all, as opposed to their tube glosses. These are very slippery, so a touch up is required a lil more often than usual, but i always am left with fuller shimmery lips. I love!

on 1/4/2008 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought Fascinating-silvery clear. It's very comparable to MAC in quality, but 4 dollars more a tube. Then again MAC is like McDonalds-everywhere on the planet and in three places at every mall and packed with teenagers looking for the trendiest variations on the same items they previously purchased.
It's sticky and thicker than Lipglass which is either good (I like thick) or bad depending on if you have it over lipstick (I do). It's glossy and smooth but doesn't have that vanilla taffy taste. If it was ten bucks a tube, I would give it a 5. It's not competitve enough.

on 9/26/2007 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Tested this at Sephora. Very sticky and gunky feel. I love their foundation, but the gloss.. no way.

on 10/23/2006 5:30:00 PM

Smells awful, is sticky and gooey. There's nothing more to it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have this in "Baby Pink" and it is an amazing color. Its very bright in the tube, but looks natural yet gives color once its on. It gives enough color that you dont have to wear lipstick underneath, and it has beautiful goldish sparkle to it. The contrast between the bright pink and the gold sparkle is beautiful. My only gripe is that it doesnt have the best staying power, but thats ok because what gloss does? I dont mind having to reapply it once or twice a day. And the smell is so yummy! I'd definitely purchase this again.

Popular Lip Glosses