October 23, 2014 | 1187 users online

Hair Color - Satin Ultra Vivid Fashion Colors Aloe Vera base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by ery123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

How would this product work on women of color or white minority women, i.e. southern Italians, Greeks, Eastern Europeans? I've noticed that all the women I've seen in ads for this product are white women of noticeably Northern European ancestry. These women often have fine, straight hair, which I do not. Would this product work for a woman like me? Unsure whether I would buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to go darker this fall and bought the dark brown shade (3N) with the 20 vol developer. It has a tolerable scent and aloe vera base. It covered my grays beautifully and my hair was left super shiny and not dry feeling. The color did not come out flat and it did not irritate my scalp. It was about ten bucks at my local beauty supply. The developer was about five bucks. I have not used the matching shampoo and conditioner so I can't comment on that. This is the first hair color I used at home that didn't leave my hair feeling matted and dry after use. I am very pleased with the results I got and plan to repurchase whenever I need to do a touch up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by AngelaH316

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Satin hair colors on and off for about 10 years now. At first it was hard to find as only certain beauty supply store sold it. Then I discovered I could find it almost anywhere on the internet. Thank God! Even Amazon and E-Bay. Over the years I've used all shades from blond, to brunette and currently the reds. I always get so many compliments even from hairdressers. Every time I've strayed and tried something else including expensive salons the feel and look of my hair always declined dramatically. Going back to the brand always improved the look and feel of my hair immediately! I now have 20 - 25% gray and it covers the gray beautifully. I will say when I've used the Cover Gray Developer it made my hair feel slightly dry. So I use the 10 developer and get the same results and hair feels wonderful!! I also use their shampoo's and conditioners (not crazy about the smells of these) and they are great - and not too expensive like most salon brands. Also use the after-color deep conditioner that smells good - covers the smell of the color and makes my hair feel great!
A few years ago I had a hair dresser that I loved but the salons colors could never get my hair the vibrant red that I really wanted. So she used to come to my house and use my color to color my hair. She was so impressed with it she started buying it herself and using it instead of the fancy salon brands that she was forced to work with. To me that was the biggest proof that this is truly an amazing product at very affordable pricing! I will never stray again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by IsabelArcher

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Confession time: I have not tried Developlus Satin's actual colors (yet!) but I have tried the Satin Semi developer, which is what I am reviewing here since there does not seem to be any other place to put it. Also I figure if you're researching the Satin color then you're at least thinking about using a Satin developer with it, right? Well, I can tell you that the Semi developer leaves very little damage and produced super shiny results even though I paired it with a color from another brand line. It didn't last very long though, but that may or may not have had to do with me using a different brand for the color. It was nearly as gentle to my scalp as my old favorite standby, Ion Sensitive Scalp. I will definitely try this again, and next time I'm trying the Satin color with it.

Edited to add, I have tried the Satin color now and I like it. It pulls a little darker than the Color Charm I was using before, but it has great staying power, and you really get a lot in the tube for the price you pay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
Low Ammonia percentage
Highly pigmented, micro-pigmented for better color absorbtion and longer lasting results.
Excellent grey coverage.
Mild smell.
Great range of colors and range of developers. The semi developer turns the product into a demi color.
Aloe base.

I use this to cover the stubborn grey hairs around my face, and have used it as the all over color with excellent results.

Cons:
Can be difficult to find at retailers but easy to find on the internet.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by maquillaje8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My natural hair color is a 5 (Brown). Fine hair. Golden highlights, a few stubborn grey.

After reading reviews, i purchased SATIN hair color from DEVELOPLUS (made in USA, italian technology) because it is low amonia, and it was the first time doing the roots myself, since going to the beauty salon every 3 weeks for a $50.00 retouch was hurting my budget, i decided to roll the dices and do it myself at home. I was scared to dare doing the roots as good as my hair stylist do, but i did it, no regrets ! I am happy about the results.

I got 7N ( Medium blonde, neutral/natural base) together with 20VOL developer. I used the color ratio 1:1 for covering grey as the hair color box indicated, and left it on my hair for 45 minutes. Got a beautiful dark golden blonde, with a 95% grey coverage (almost all).

I got advice from a colorist at the beauty supply, about my best color choice, and she was right. :-) Love it ! You can see the picture i upload.

UPDATE: You can see the color is multidimensional, not flat. Shiny, healthy looking. I use it only on the roots, since the rest of my hair has been previously done at the beauty salon (highlights). Now i will go to the salon every 3 months, to do my highlights only, not every 3 weeks for retouch ;-) Very important for me is to keep Salerm wheat germ mask as part of the hair maintanance program.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by tracymax

I recently moved and haven't been able to get my regular color at beauty supply stores near me (you don't need a license to purchase Koleston in my old 'hood - blargh!). I was in a fix, but just couldn't put box color on my hair. So I found the Satin and devised a plan.

Since there aren't any reviews for the lighter colors, I thought it was especially important to let blondies know that Satin lifts. Like, really lifts. I'm naturally an ashy dishwater 7, and I just put 10B on my hair and it turned out the most beautiful light, neutral blonde with no hot roots! It blended the old color even better than my beloved Koleston.

I used 40 volume developer, did roots first for 20 minutes, mixed up some 30 and pulled through the darker ends for another 20. My hair is a little dry (which is why I took off one lippie), but the color is just lovely. I also highly recommend using Aveda's Blue Malva conditioner on the roots immediately after coloring. I always do this and it neutralizes whatever brass is hanging around.

This is comparable to a high-lift blonde, and way better than any store-bought light, cool blondes. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by nmaste

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Satin Hair Color is the best brand of hair color that is now available to me, unless I were to buy my all time fav on Ebay or elsewhere.
Satin Hair Color is vibrant, easy to mix, very easy to apply and has very good gray coverage. I am always a little surprise though as how much more porous my hair becomes when I use Satin Hair Color. I do switch it up every now and again due to the porous hair issue. I only use a 20 developer to mix my 6C and 5N so I am not cooking my hair, mostly depositing.
I get consistent, stellar results with Satin.
Happy Coloring!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett0722

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I do not use this product on myself, it's for my dad. I dye his hair pretty often since he's 80% grey? maybe more and he has very thick, coarse & resistant hair. I find this color to be very natural looking, it doesn't scream "I just had my hair dyed." In comparison, before I was using L'Oreal Feria [I think] in the double 55N color for resistant gray hair [bought at sallys] and that color made his hair look very matte, flat, and fake - it didn't resemble any natural hair color I'd ever seen. I use the 5N & when I apply it it looks black, so he resembles Elvis while it's processing, but after rinsing & shampooing it out he looks normal/great. It seems to last well for a man who is out in the sun for many hours everyday. I apply the color with a bowl & brush, let process 1 hour. I've been buying this color for 2 years now & will continue.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by nicadele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: After cheating on Satin with Wella Color Charm for the last 9 months, my hair has paid a dear price. My hair was damaged beyond belief. Imagine my surprise when I was perusing my local beauty store and found that there is now a Satin 6A hair color!! Reminiscing about the results, both color and hair condition that I used to have with Satin, I immediately picked it up, along with Satin 30 vol developer. I love how the portions of the 6 oz developer and 3 oz color are already perfect for use and no measuring is required. I used the Satin hair color/developer last night and immediately noticed a texture difference. It looks shinier and healthier and feels smooth between my fingers. Satin hair color has lower ammonia than any other brand on the market and has an aloe vera base. The Satin developer is silicone enhanced to minimize damage and enhance longer retention of color. The brand's developer should be used with the color as it was designed to work with the low ammonia color. I suspect why people's color is coming out darker than they expected is because they are using a different brand developer. Please use the Satin developer with the Satin color for truer results. They are designed to work together.
******
First, I don't have any grays, so I cannot testify as to gray coverage, however, I have tried many haircolors and Wella color charm and Satin hair color are the best overall. Satin is one of the very few that don't feel too damaging after using. The color looks multi-dimensional on me, unlike other haircolors brands that I have used, those usually look like I'm wearing a wig due to the drab one-dimensional color. All color products eventually fade, however, Satin's color fades overtime and is light and natural. Many other brands oxidize like crazy and two weeks after I color my hair it doesn't look natural at all. My only wish is that Satin had more colors to choose from! The selection is quite limited, as I recall there were only two or three blonde and/or brown "ash" toned colors. Way, way too many reds, black cherry, and violet colors. Darn. Because they don't have any colors that I want to have, they are no longer my HG and I have to use Color Charm, whose color selection is so much more interesting. However, if you're looking for a red/violet/black cherry color, I would recommend Satin. Satin hair color chart swatch: http://img.makeupalley.com/2/9/4/1/1952927.PNG