April 17, 2014 | 1431 users online

Self Tanners - Palmers - Natural Bronze Gradual Tanning Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Chelsapril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend recommended this to me so I bought it just to try it. I aren't a big tanner and I'm always really scared to tan!
Firstly the smell is so nice. It's a cocoa biscuity smell! I love it.
Secondly I put the moisturiser on just my arms to start off as like I've said in always scared to tan. I thought it looked amazing on my arms. However it did go a bit orange and patchy on my hands but on my arms it was great.
A friend told me I looked golden and it suited me so I'll definitely keep using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Lazjb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews I had pretty mixed feelings about this gradual tan but decided to give it a go. I would class myself as a big tanner, I like to look brown. I've used a lot of instant tans but I'm fed up of the way they look on my hands and how they stain my clothes and bed sheets.

Firstly, the smell. It isn't great, but hey - garner has a nicer smell and it brought me out in hives. I am more interested in the quality of tan rather than the smell. If you apply at night then shower in the morning the smell vanishes but the tan stays!

The colour. For me, after two applications I am very dark. I love it! Dove barely made a noticeable difference but this one is a lovely look, like I've just spent two weeks in florida (I'm from London).

The price. Cheap! Compared to normal tanning products this is a bargain!

Overall I would definitely recommend this product. It gives a lovely colour and it's actually quite dark compared to most other tans.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this, especially after reading all the rave reviews but this was just a big fat negative for me. I'm really fair-skinned so I tend to shy away from most tanning options except for the gradual tan moisturizers like Jergens. Others tend to make me look more orange and unnatural. Well this particular lotion seemed like a good option as it claims to give a natural looking tan and builds up. I found that no matter what I did, even if I freshly exfoliated in the shower before applying this, trying my best to do a thin even layer every time, this came out blotchy and and too dark on me. I'm returning to Jergen's for this kind of thing since that seemed the most natural and foolproof. Only thing I liked about this one was the cocoa scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by alliewilliams123

One of the nicest fake tans I have ever tried. The smell is really nice though it may be a bit to much for some, I find in the end a biscuity/fake tan scent lingers even after a shower however it is worth it because the colour comes out strong but naturally for a gradual tan, after 3 days of applying this i have a lovely tan and the colour lasts quite intensely foor about 4 days and it still remains for a few days after. I do recommend exfoliating first and applying moisturiser to dry areas such as the knees, feet, ankles and elbows before applying. make sure you wash your hand after and then apply it to the top of your hands/fingers with a cotton ball. Also love the packaging and the pump form makes it much more convenient than a squeeze tube. A great tan for a really natural look as well as faux tanning newbies.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by livredwin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first use of self tanner, after a bad burn that i got tanning and scared me off a bit. I have relatively pale skin and naturally blonde hair so i was very cautious of going orange. I found that this product smelled amazing, applied easily and felt alot more like moisturiser than anything else.
Luckily it is fairly gradual so there are no sudden surprises, but i have used it twice and built up an even glowey brown, that is still very much natural looking, and is almost exactly my shade when i do actually sun tan.
bought a tiny sample first, have used it full body twice and not even halfway.
no ugly streaks, just beautiful subtle glow. Would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by charlovesbeauty

Love this!!!! I think it smells amazing, not like a fake tan at all. It dries almost instantly and is not greasy, which is the problem I've been having with a lot of gradual tanners they take forever to dry and start to irritate my skin. The colour is like a honey bronze after the 1st application, and does get alot darker after the 2nd so be careful of your hands and feet as they can sometimes go patchy. All in all I'm impressed especially for the price. It's definitely worth a try. X

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Rocklover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am surprised this doesn't have a higher review score. I really like this gradual bronzer. I am quite the fake tan buff and have tried many of the brands on the market - but palmers is one that I have stuck with.

Why do I like it: It gives a decent depth of colour (which many others don't) and looks natural, not too yellow/orange. It goes on very smoothly, is easy to rub in and doesn't come out streaky. The cocoa butter in the formula gives it good moisturizing properties too - it doesn't dry my skin out like typical fake tan does.

I use this on its own, or sometimes mixed with a regular tanner if I want to be a little darker.

The only (slight) downside is the smell - it's very chocolatey. So chocolatey that once I was wearing it at the hair salon, and my hairdresser was going crazy trying to figure out who was eating a chocolate muffin. After a while, we figured out that the smell was me!

Overall, I still love this stuff and I have lost count of how many bottles I have used. I will definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by kkrebs

My favourite gradual tanning product. Of the gradual tanners I have also used Dove and Johnson & Johnson, but the Palmers is my favourite.
Love the pump, the smell is fine and the tan is nice and natural.
Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Georgia8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I reaally like this tanner especially the smell which reminds me of a caramel fudge sundae <3. The only thing wrong with this is that it gave me streaks and patches on feet/lower leg area. I was really annoyed because one of the advantages of gradual tanners is that it doesn't streak.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by lizrocks8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG fake tan. It gives me a very natural glow which is not orange at all. It's very even but tends to be darker on dry areas like ankles and feet. I also have some trouble blending it into my wrists - since it's clear like a lotion, you can't see where you've put it. Sometimes I end up with it looking a bit ridiculous in the wrist area, other times it looks natural.
I only need one application to get a nice tan. With two applications I get a very dark tan.
The lasting power depends on the season for me. In summer it fades on the third day. In winter, it stays for an entire week.
Before application, exfoliate and shave. I recommend getting dressed before you apply this as it can take a while to dry and you don't want to end up messing it up!!
It has a very warm, chocolate-y scent which I like but my family doesn't... haha. Since you will probably be applying this before bed, the smell will stay with you until your shower in the morning.

I'm extremely pale without this and I mean dead body vampire kind of pale.