October 1, 2014 | 1180 users online

Self Tanners - Palmer's - Natural Bronze Gradual Tanning Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

Never buy this again because of the strong artificial smell!! It makes me feel sick! And my husband just do not close to me because of this smell!! The effect is so so.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by redsunset

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I liked the idea of a great moisturiser and tanner all in one application. Well, where do I start.....this gave a LOT of colour on first application! Although I did rub it in well, I must have applied too much as I looked very dark and orange and I couldn't wash it off, so top marks for lasting power at least lol. However, if applied sparingly, I am sure this product would give a nice golden glow and it does leave your skin feeling silky smooth which is all amazing for under a fiver. I know a lot of people don't like the smell but personally I love it. I will definitely be trying this again but will apply a thinner layer next time!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Chelsapril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend recommended this to me so I bought it just to try it. I aren't a big tanner and I'm always really scared to tan!
Firstly the smell is so nice. It's a cocoa biscuity smell! I love it.
Secondly I put the moisturiser on just my arms to start off as like I've said in always scared to tan. I thought it looked amazing on my arms. However it did go a bit orange and patchy on my hands but on my arms it was great.
A friend told me I looked golden and it suited me so I'll definitely keep using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Lazjb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews I had pretty mixed feelings about this gradual tan but decided to give it a go. I would class myself as a big tanner, I like to look brown. I've used a lot of instant tans but I'm fed up of the way they look on my hands and how they stain my clothes and bed sheets.

Firstly, the smell. It isn't great, but hey - garner has a nicer smell and it brought me out in hives. I am more interested in the quality of tan rather than the smell. If you apply at night then shower in the morning the smell vanishes but the tan stays!

The colour. For me, after two applications I am very dark. I love it! Dove barely made a noticeable difference but this one is a lovely look, like I've just spent two weeks in florida (I'm from London).

The price. Cheap! Compared to normal tanning products this is a bargain!

Overall I would definitely recommend this product. It gives a lovely colour and it's actually quite dark compared to most other tans.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this, especially after reading all the rave reviews but this was just a big fat negative for me. I'm really fair-skinned so I tend to shy away from most tanning options except for the gradual tan moisturizers like Jergens. Others tend to make me look more orange and unnatural. Well this particular lotion seemed like a good option as it claims to give a natural looking tan and builds up. I found that no matter what I did, even if I freshly exfoliated in the shower before applying this, trying my best to do a thin even layer every time, this came out blotchy and and too dark on me. I'm returning to Jergen's for this kind of thing since that seemed the most natural and foolproof. Only thing I liked about this one was the cocoa scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by alliewilliams123

One of the nicest fake tans I have ever tried. The smell is really nice though it may be a bit to much for some, I find in the end a biscuity/fake tan scent lingers even after a shower however it is worth it because the colour comes out strong but naturally for a gradual tan, after 3 days of applying this i have a lovely tan and the colour lasts quite intensely foor about 4 days and it still remains for a few days after. I do recommend exfoliating first and applying moisturiser to dry areas such as the knees, feet, ankles and elbows before applying. make sure you wash your hand after and then apply it to the top of your hands/fingers with a cotton ball. Also love the packaging and the pump form makes it much more convenient than a squeeze tube. A great tan for a really natural look as well as faux tanning newbies.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by livredwin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first use of self tanner, after a bad burn that i got tanning and scared me off a bit. I have relatively pale skin and naturally blonde hair so i was very cautious of going orange. I found that this product smelled amazing, applied easily and felt alot more like moisturiser than anything else.
Luckily it is fairly gradual so there are no sudden surprises, but i have used it twice and built up an even glowey brown, that is still very much natural looking, and is almost exactly my shade when i do actually sun tan.
bought a tiny sample first, have used it full body twice and not even halfway.
no ugly streaks, just beautiful subtle glow. Would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by charlovesbeauty

Love this!!!! I think it smells amazing, not like a fake tan at all. It dries almost instantly and is not greasy, which is the problem I've been having with a lot of gradual tanners they take forever to dry and start to irritate my skin. The colour is like a honey bronze after the 1st application, and does get alot darker after the 2nd so be careful of your hands and feet as they can sometimes go patchy. All in all I'm impressed especially for the price. It's definitely worth a try. X

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Rocklover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am surprised this doesn't have a higher review score. I really like this gradual bronzer. I am quite the fake tan buff and have tried many of the brands on the market - but palmers is one that I have stuck with.

Why do I like it: It gives a decent depth of colour (which many others don't) and looks natural, not too yellow/orange. It goes on very smoothly, is easy to rub in and doesn't come out streaky. The cocoa butter in the formula gives it good moisturizing properties too - it doesn't dry my skin out like typical fake tan does.

I use this on its own, or sometimes mixed with a regular tanner if I want to be a little darker.

The only (slight) downside is the smell - it's very chocolatey. So chocolatey that once I was wearing it at the hair salon, and my hairdresser was going crazy trying to figure out who was eating a chocolate muffin. After a while, we figured out that the smell was me!

Overall, I still love this stuff and I have lost count of how many bottles I have used. I will definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by kkrebs

This is my favourite gradual tanner by far. Very natural looking, easy to use with the pump and I like the smell !