Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

3.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got the "luscious layers" lip balm trio and didn't find this to be as strongly fruity as others have mentioned. I am a little concerned the fragrance / flavor has faded because, if the lot code is according to the julian calendar code, the product I received is two years old. :/ The texture is nice, and works fine for both lips and hands. I would recommend this if you are avoiding lanolin or prefer shea butter in your products, otherwise just stick with the plain smith's rosebud salve.

on 9/8/2013 8:30:00 AM

This lipbalm is overrated and overpriced, if you ask me. The scent is lovely and sweet in the beginning, but after some months it turns bad - probably because you have to stick your fingers into it and in that way cannot avoid putting bacteria in there. The balm does not really work any wonders for my lips, so I've started using it on my eyelashes and as an eye cream instead - don't know yet if it does any good though. I'm not repurchasing.

on 3/20/2013 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The fragrance is what you notice first with this product and you need to like it or not mind it when u use this product because the smell is obvious when you first apply. So you should only buy it after you smell it. Personally i prefer natural scents and the berry scent here is a bit cloying. It gives a slightly pink but very natural colour when u apply. However as some have mentioned, it can get a bit oily looking in hot & humid climates (where I live) so I usually use this at night before bed. This really helps lips to become soft overnight. However when I was using this everyday I noticed it wasn't as effective. So I tend to rotate this with other balms. I have had this for a long time, over a year, and I still have lots left in the tin so I feel this is economical. Overall a good lip balm that will save parched lips.

on 3/20/2013 12:04:00 AM

I adore the warm berry scent of this lip balm. It's not as heavy-duty as Nuxe, but it works well when i remeber to reapply regularly. And I love to apply it while I'm in the bathtub for a moisturizing lip mask. I've even grown fond of the Rudd-daddy tin.

on 8/6/2012 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I believe this product works good on countries like in Europe, because I find it way too oily for me when I apply it in Indonesia. Also, it melts easily here. It lasts really long though, which is worth my money. It moisturizes well so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

on 7/24/2012 12:49:00 PM

LOVE IT. I wear this DAILY and have for almost four years. People always ask me what I do to my lips when I wear it. I can't figure out why they stopped carrying at sephora, so i always order it online. I love the packaging, as you get a good amount and I like using it out of the tin. The only thing I think is weird is the woman on the front of the tin, but hey, it doesn't affect how great it makes my lips look.

I get compliments ALL the time. This is in my daily regimen with ysl shocking mascara, too faced natural eye kit, dior eyelash primer, dior rose glow blush, and a little bit of liner. LOVE

on 3/15/2012 5:00:00 AM

if there was a way to put this in a tube for myself, I would. I LOVE the smell. sooo nice

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have just finished a Purge of my makeup drawer and found this little treasure. Thought I had lost it. Smells and feels wonderful, like wine berries and roses. It is not that moisturizing and I do wish it came in a more sanitary packaging like a tube, pump, or stick. But even with those drawbacks, it's really a delight.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

YUM YUM YUM!!! This smells amazing! The great thing is, the scent is so unique that I'm sure you've never smelled anything like it before! It smells like honey, berries, a little rose, and warm vanilla all rolled into one. It's hard to decribe. At first I thought it was a little odd, but now I am obsessed with it! It also has a little hint of pink to give your lips a little flush, but nothing major. Plus, the packaging is cute. It's large enough that it will last you quite a while. I am just obsessed with Rosebud perfume co. I have this one, two of the classic rose one, mint rose, strawberry, and I just ordered mocha rose! So the only one I have left to get is the menthol and eucalyptus, but that doesn't excite me as much.

This smells so wonderful! It smells like wine, berries and roses and glides perfectly over my lips with no heaviness or grittiness. My only complaint is the container as I hate using my fingers, but that isn't enough to keep me from buying Smith's Rosebud products. I now own four varieties and can't decide which I like best, and all seem to work great though the original Rose feels a little thicker and heavier than the Brambleberry, Mocha and Strawberry so it is my go-to balm for winter or if I've been slacking on drinking enough water.

But the performance of this is fantastic. I smooth some on before bed (there isn't any flavor or sugar so I don't worry it will do damage to my teeth or anything) and wake up with the softest lips. I also put it over some of my lipsticks--yeah, I'm lookin' at you MAC--and it helps keep the color intense and keeps the flakes and feathering to a minimum.

The price is a little high, but considering how long each tin lasts, I figure I won't be buying anything else for quite a while so it all works out. And I have to say the original Rose does work well as an intense hand treatment when my hands get dry and a bit rough.

Overall love this stuff in all the fragrances I've tried and it will be a staple in my makeup/health and beauty collection as long as I'm able to find it.

Popular Lip Treatments