April 18, 2014 | 1095 users online

Cleansers - AcneFree - 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by meghanwittxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this product last night on a whim, I'm a BA at walgreens so I tend to see stuff all day long and think 'i need this!'. After looking up reviews on mua, I decided to give it a go. I got this on sale for $13.05 ($20.00 reg). I have used it ONE night and seriously over night it has cleared up my break out!! As of now I'm in love with this.

Step one is a grainy cleanser, doesn't sting or hurt. You use a dime sized amount, massage, and rinse. Step two is a toner, just put some on a cotton ball and apply to your trouble spots. Step three is a lotion/moisturizer, you apply and leave on.

None of this has hurt/burned/irritated my skin, and as someone allergic to salycilic acids i've found it very hard to find an effective regimen. This seems to be perfect, I'll update after two weeks of use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow this cleanser is amazing! If you struggle with acne and find that salicylic acid products don't work for you, then I would say give this a try. I tend to get hormonal acne on my chin and this stuff keeps it at bay. It is gentle enough to use day and night and has little micro scrubbers. This cleanser is a staple in my skincare routine. I can't get enough of it! Plus it's very affordable and lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by turnitupupup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been a miracle cleanser for me over the past two years. I have consistently been using this every night to take off my makeup and fight acne. My face does not dry out from the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide (and I have very sensitive skin) and my breakouts have decreased significantly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Mooseygoosey

This product was an amazing experience. At first. The 2 or 3 weeks of using this my skin was FLAWLESS. Before using it I had Minor acne on my forehead and blackheads like crazy on my nose and it was gone within days. I used it religiously and thought it was a gift from god. Then after about a month I guess my skin got used to it because the acne came back. I still use it occasionally to clear small break outs and it never fails it's just no longer my everyday wash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I am another one of those reviewers on MUA that has struggled with acne for years (over 2 decades actually). I've seen a dermatologist for years, and most of their pills and potions helped very little or made matters worse. I've stuck with the BC pills, and worked out the rest of my regimen on my own, and this is a part of it. I use this cleanser, and rotate with Phisoderm's acne fighting gel cleanser, as well as a few different scrubs. I even started my 13 year old step-son on this cleanser. It has just a mild exfoliating effect and the BP levels are just right not to overdry. It has no fragrance (which I love a light fragrance, but not at the risk of breaking out). I wet my face, gently massage it in with fingertips only, and then splash rinse, OR I use with my motorized Olay cleansing brush. It keeps acne at bay better than just about anything, I think, because it has the right amount of clinical/effective ingredients and NONE of the stuff that clogs pores (like waxes, heavy oils, fragrances, etc). Definitely check out what you are using & make a comparison; so many of those "teen"-like acne products don't even have any active ingredients in them! And others are products in heavy "cream" bases made of pore-clogging waxes and oils. The price on this is right, very affordable and you get a large quantity. Most highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by troo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for the past 7-8 years. When I began using it, I noticed results right away. It was amazing! I'm past puberty now but still using it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by XKtenX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't even know how to begin to explain how this product has changed my life. I've suffered from acne since I was 12 but it came on full force around age 18. I've used every acne clearing product you can think of, drugstore and prescription. Until I found acne free nothing even began to clear up my severe and constant breakouts. In the first month I didn't see much change but I thankfully continued to use it. After about 4 months my acne was almost completely gone and past scarring started to lighten up. 6 months in my acne was 100% gone for the first time in YEARS. I still have occasional small breakouts that I use a spot treatment on. This product has been a miracle for me and it's one of the most inexpensive solutions I've tried. I continue to use this product even though I'm acne free, and I won't ever stop!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Bought this about a week ago after seeing great reviews and having a bad break out ( 6 or 7 zits on one side of face) and after using it nightly my acne is so much better! The breakout has dryed up and my skin looks so much clearer! Doesnt dry my skin out like others say and I have been applying all 3 products to my entire face. It only dries the zits I out I had and has prevented breakouts as well. The toner smells like alcohol and burns on open little cuts (had scratch on fingers and burned) but makes skin feel clean. Will update again.
Update: my big breakout is gone. Had three zits yesturday and their already gone besides some redness from the zits.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the top on this product, it snaps closed and keeps well in the shower. If your looking for a cleanser similar to Proactive, I think this is a great alternative.

For a product with BP, I prefer something thicker so it doesn't run down my face to places I don't want it. I'll continue using this but won't repurchase because it's too thin and runs in my eyes and down my neck.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by toxickitten94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I started breaking out when I went on birth control so I went to CVS and bought this thinking it would help. I think it might actually be making my skin worse. It seems like every time I use it a new pimple pops up on my face. I don't think this is the right product for me.