Wet 'n' Wild H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner - Ultra Black

Price: $

on 6/24/2015 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

YES!!!!!!! I have bought this (thinking "meh" at that time)b4 & used it once in awhile (this was b4 I drew on wings -shudder-) & this would sit in my drawer collecting dust til I ran out of whatever HG at moment or misplaced it. I came across this yesterday in my liquid liner makeup bag (I keep things organized by putting grouping similar items so my liquid liners are like in 1, mascara got their own bag, lipliners etc (even Jeffree Star has a makeup bag in my collection lol) NEwayz this liner I forgot I even had is a $4 gem! I am loving the stiff tip personally as I'm able to make precise wings! Doesn't come off until mama tells it to come off (lol!). Idk why the neg reviews. I could easily put this up against HE liners & it would perform. Any1 on a beauty budget who loves to do all kinda wings NEEDS this! It's in any wnw display but it's popular so u may need to visit a couple displays but don't give up this stuff is the bomb. Shop ur stash!! A liner that is really similar but fades more is BlackRadiance made by same company (Markwins) but the tip is softer. I'm so glad go have rediscovered an old now HG product! This is so waterproof & intense black. No need to buy Loreal this is as black as Lineur Intense I reckon. This liner is so crazy good! Another hit from wnw! But this will not replaced my beloved Essence but wnw is easier for me to find around here unless ordering online. I liked the wnw black creme liner too but it dries out in record time (& elf does not so I switched my creme liner to elf & fwiw I use Inglot 77 as my gel). I don't fool w non waterproof eye makeup (except e/s) coz I'm liable to get the worst case of pandas/raccoons you ever did see. I have eye health issues my eyes water rheumy really bad 1 min then they are the Sahara the next min so I need a liner that can handle being put thru its paces & while wnw MegaLast liner was a disaster coz it wasn't waterproof but this liner holds up well & it's going into my bag of liners currently in rotation. Like I said "shop ur stash" lol moral of the story is that don't count out a cheap product based on price pointe alone--I'm not a HE snob (wish I could afford to be lol) but there are plenty of gems hanging on the elf & wnw displays. I find stuff like Maybelline & Revlon loathesome their prices like for a few dollars more I can have MAC! I save my pennies using wnw/elf so I can buy MAC lipstick lol I'd be interested to see how this performs against w MAC liquid eyeliner. I have oily lids/skin so I use UDPP under it & minimal budging. If ur under eye concealer is too emollient/sticky it will attract the liner & surely mess it up. So just something like Ben nye banana powder is all u want to put under to cover dark circles lack of sleep. This is a gr8 liner ESP for 4 beginners & make sure to keep qtips and a bottle of non oily makeup remover handy. Then clean it up w another Qtip & some concealer n there ya go u got ur lovely wing feline flick!!

on 1/26/2015 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an eye liner that I do not like for regular use, but makes one heck of liner if you are a Goth that does face designs. It has a lot of cons to it. The applicator is like a fine tipped felt marker...which would be great except that it gets gooped up with formula... so, you can kiss a fine line application goodbye and be stuck with a thicker one. You HAVE TO shake up the formula like a bottle of nail polish in order to mix and thin it out. After a short while of owning this...you will notice that when you pull the applicator out more than once during an application...the formula starts to get stringy... I'm talking about little strings that connect from the applicator to the tube...nice and messy :)

This stuff will not budge when it is applied, which can be a blessing or a curse depending on how good of a job you did. That is another reason I dislike it as an eyeliner. You have to find a good remover to take it off and still will do some scraping and scrubbing to get it ALL off...not good for the skin of the eye area. This makes a very good face art tool for intricate designs... it is my holy grail liner for this method. I have used it for designs that extend out to the temples and on other areas of my face. The black is dark and not shiny, so it will stand out in a dark club. Also, since it is hard to remove, it lasts for hours on a sweaty dance floor.

on 12/25/2014 2:03:00 PM

This was weird to me. Because it's waterproof, it of course does not come off with soap and water. Not an issue, I use coconut oil to remove my eye makeup anyway. However, it transferred without fail to my the crease of my eyelids every time. So annoying. I tried to solve the issue by topping with black shadow, and it still transferred. Really disappointing.

on 12/20/2014 5:23:00 AM

Worst eyeliner I've ever used. Super flakey. You get the black rainbows on your lids. Dries in the tube so quickly. Do not even waste the one or two bucks you'd spend on this.

on 11/27/2014 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

For a long time I used mac's liquid liner in boot black but wanted a less expensive alternative. When i think of wet n wild, i think of very inexpensive yet good drugstore makeup. I already had many favorites from the brand so I decided to pick up a liquid liner. I had two choices, the h2o proof or the mega last. I chose the h2o proof thinking it was a better choice considering I live in south Florida where it is so humid you can practically drink the air. Well, it was a really bad choice, the packaging is fine, the applicator is fine, the problem lies in the liner itself. Initially it's very gloppy, it takes a long time to dry and when it finally dries it feels so uncomfortable on the eyes, it feels as though its tugging on your eyes. It has a very glossy finish to it and if you touch it, it feels like you adhered a pice of plastic to your eye. In my experience it was absolutely dreadful. I've spoken to friends about this product and it seems to be something that you either love or hate and sadly I absolutely hate this product. If I may offer a piece of advice, if you are going to purchase a liquid liner from wet n wild I would go for the mega last liner. I was a long time mac user and after trying the mega last liner I switched over from the mac liner.

on 11/12/2014 8:37:00 PM

My favorite liquid eyeliner. It has everything I'm looking for in an eyeliner. It's quite dark (I bought the one in Dark Brown, and it's still pretty dark). The liner is ridiculously affordable ($1 at Walmart for me). The applicator is very easy to apply. While liquid eyeliners can be harder to apply than pencils and gels, I think even a beginner could successful use this eyeliner with practice, since the applicator is so easy to handle. I usually just keep my eyeliner on the simple side, no wing or anything, but this eyeliner would be great for that cat look, too. It works for both dramatic looks and natural looks. It 100% lasts all day, and I live in Houston, which has to be one of the most humid areas in the U.S. That right there says something, haha. :)

on 11/12/2014 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Bought 3 of these the last time they went on sale at my local pharmacy. This stuff stays put - I work 12-hr days and it doesn't smudge. I have combo skin and my eyelids are usually the first place to get oily, but that doesn't stop this liner from doing what I want it to.

Generally I do my liner with a gel liner first, and then go over that with this liquid liner so it lasts all day, and the combo works wonders.

It is a bit hard to remove, but I use Almay wipes and that does the job.

on 10/31/2014 3:24:00 PM

bad bad bad. smearys as soon as you touch the brush to your eyelid, not buildable if you like thick liner, and it might be waterproof, but it literally comes off in little flakes throughout the day and just looks terrible.

I've never had any problems with this. In fact, it's more like..

Pros: Will not budge at all.

Cons: Will not budge at all.

The only problem I ever have with this is that sometimes my makeup remover isn't able to get it off, and I end up still having eyeliner after a few days. I'll happily take that problem.

on 10/24/2014 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Crap. Total crap. No matter what I did, no matter what climate I was in, no matter what this liner totally blurred and smudged. It left such a beautiful, sticky-feeling ring on my upper eyelid every time I blinked... Which, if I was going for a awful cut-crease look would be great, lol, but no... Just no. I tried this 18 different ways (primer, no primer, tons of "dry time", powder liner on top, etc) and it was a total fail. NYC liquid liner doesn't do this to me so if you absolutely must adhere to a super strict budget, go for the NYC one...

Video Reviews & Tutorials