July 22, 2014 | 2353 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

I am on my second tub of these great pads!!! I have oily/combo skin and they work great. I use them in the morning and leave it on about 15-20 and wash off. My skin glows and I have noticed since using these that my skin is clearer, tighter and it has evened out my skin tone. Love these!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

These pads made my face sting a little especially when applied over a couple of pimples, but also showed me that my makeup wasn't being removed properly as loads of it came off on the pad!

The pads are quite thin and dimpled on one side (the other side is smooth). I have no idea which side you are supposed to use, so I use both (I wipe this over my face, neck and chest with the dimpled side then go over it again with the smooth side). I read the instructions and initially left this on for 1 minute before rinsing off. Now I leave this for almost 3 minutes before rinsing.

My skin is dry on my cheeks and undereye area, very oily on my nose and chin, and normal on my forehead. I am prone to breakouts around my mouth and on my nose. Even though the packaging said that you should use this up to three times a week (for dry skin) I have been using this once every day with no ill effects. It didn't cause dryness or flakiness but didn't feel like it did much of anything. It did remove/dissolve some sebaceous filaments on my nose and chin, and has so far prevented them from coming back, and I haven't broken out at all from using this which is always a benefit.

After using all 60 pads in the container I can say that I won't be buying again. It just didn't seem to do anything for my skin so it would be a waste of money to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by OCgirl006

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so I have been using this for 3 weeks now, and this has done nothing for me whats so ever
I have tried other PTR products and like them, but this is useless for me, I see no "glow"
people talk about, does nothing for the pores, the only thing is it makes my skin soft the next day
thats it...I was using a mandic acid that I like much better so Im sticking with that, but will use up the pads and will not buy this again...:(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I have to give these a five, simply because the lady who sells me beer ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS--cards me. Just tonight, she told me that I look younger than I do in my ID. She said not to take it the wrong way..but trust me, I blame it totally on the PTR un-wrinkle pads. (I'm 28...and 25 in my ID.)

I've only used these and Cerave eye cream for about 2 months now. Totally HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by NuttyGrrl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me preface this by saying I purchased this product with the hope that I would see a tightening of my pores (specifically the large, visible ones on my nose and cheeks). Even the product description on the container says tightening of pores (I wasn't expecting them to disappear, I was just hoping they would appear less noticeable). Plus, I also read some raving reviews. Because I have sensitive, acne prone, rosacea skin, I started off with using this twice a week. I quickly was able to ramp it up to every-other day and leaving it on for 3-5 minutes before rinsing (everyday usage leaves my skin too dry & flaky). I've been using it for just shy of 3-months and I honestly can say the only benefit I have seen is that my skin "feels" smoother. It hasn't done much for the appearance of my pores (even immediately following the treatment), and it hasn't diminished any of the fine lines I have either. I am pretty disappointed that I haven't seen the results that so many others have received especially considering the price of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by SweetTxGal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite product for keeping my fair, sensitive, aging, and still acne-prone skin clear! I only use it twice a week, instead of the twice a day recommended on the package. Leave it on for about 5 minutes after washing at night, and I wake up the next day with clear, smooth, glowing skin.

Make sure you peel up the safety seal carefully, so it stays intact, otherwise the pads will dry out.

Using twice a week makes a container last for about 6 months, so I find them quite economical. I've been using these for the past three years, and I'm tickled with them.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love these. I have dry, maturing skin & using one of these peel pads (I leave them on for a half hour or so, rinse well, then slather on a thick moisturizer) when I need a boost. They make my face look refreshed...tone, colour, glow all seem improved & makeup goes on & looks better after. If I have a special event coming up, I'll use them for a few days in advance, but mostly I find just using it right before I want to get done up to go out is sufficient.

I've tried many PTR products & this is pretty much the only one that has delivered any benefits whatsover. I do repurchase & DO RECOMMEND.

Also, yes...cut them in half, that will provide plenty of product. I find 1/2 allows me to do my face, chest, back of hands.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by thedailydoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is marketed as a daily hydroxy acid and peptide peel. I was excited to try these pads, and was sure they would work well for me. After finishing the entire container of pads, I am scratching my head trying to figure out what others get out of this product that I just don't. It did nothing for my skin. I purchased it less for wrinkles and more for breakouts & smoothing/retexturizing. I realize it is targeted for lines and wrinkles, however I had read several accounts of women who got a reduction in breakouts and an improvement in skin texture from using this product.

I generally have great results with hydroxy acids, so I am quite surprised at my lack of results. I have even used a very inexpensive and gentle glycolic acid (6%) facial wash which gave me substantial results. I never felt even remotely exfoliated from using these pads. In all honesty, this is probably one of my least favorite skincare products I have ever tried. It was a big, fat waste of money for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by gadgetgalz

Seriously, I cried 2 days ago. The sun spots and freckles on my face got lightened up like 30% in only 2 weeks! First use, I split the pad in 2, wipe all over my face, still got a whole bunch left so I apply it on the back of my hands. Still a bunch on the pad! Then I wash my face after 5 minutes (instead of 1 minute, as instructed, coz I didn't feel any tingling or burning, just none). Kinda sad, I thought peeling products must have that tingling sensation, at least.. But I decided to go on and put the product on for much longer time.

2 days later, I split the pad into a quarter, after full face and back of my hand, still got a little on the pad... I think I have smaller face so I can save the pads more lol (it's really hard to get this product in my country!). Anyways I left it for 1 hour, gradually up to 3, 4 finally 5 hours.. And now I just loveeee looking at my face in the mirror! Blemishes, scars, sun spots, fades significantly in only 2 weeks!

I will definitely continue to use and repurchase (hopefully not as hard as my first purchase lol). And plese, don't discontinue this product, ever, please!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have hyper pigmentation from taking birth control pills. i started to treat it with Clarisonic alone, then tried a combination of Clarisonic and Dennis Roth MD's Alpha Beta Daily Peel to clear it up. The Alpha Beta peel pads worked but were hella pricey so I thought I'd try PTR's Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads next. Honestly, I found the product to be as effective as the Alpha Beta Daily Peel, however it did leave a sticky residue on skin, so I'm going to try Paula's Choice exfoliating products (which are also cheaper!) However, if they don't work, I will return to these Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads.