Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

4.4

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate (Lactic Acid), Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Ppg-5-Ceteth-20, Butylene Glycol, Arginine, Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F), Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Retinol (Vitamin A), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D), Alanine, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Caprylic/Capric, Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I purchased the small tub of 20 Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads quite a while ago. I stopped using them after initially trying them and didn't have a very favorable opinion of them. After recently trying them again- who knew they wouldn't be dried out after all that time in the container?!- I have changed my tune. I suspect that these didn't have much of an effect at first because I was on top of my physical and chemical exfoliation. But I rarely have the time and desire to do much at night these days, so even my Clarisonic sits unused. I was impressed by how much my skin texture changed for the better after just a few uses of the Un-wrinkle Peel Pads. If you don't have a decent exfoliating step in your current regimen and you don't mind an emollient peel (perhaps the less than luxurious corn oil is to blame), this is one to consider. I do agree with cutting the pads in half to make the tub more price effective. I also agree that this doesn't need to be washed off unless you're suffering from irritation. I think I like the less emollient Dr Dennis Gross Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel better, but I might return to the Un-wrinkle Peel Pads if wintertime turns cold and dry.

I really liked these at first. I didn't notice any dramatic results or anything but they seemed like they were doing what they claim. However, after just a few days of using them once or twice a day, I started breaking out. Back they go.

I am totally impressed with this product. I've been fighting with hormonal acne that comes with perimenopause and my skin has been, for want of a better phrase, freaking out. Not only do I have wrinkles, I have zits, and I have discoloration on my lower cheeks. These pads help me battle all three problems, and with use of only 4 of the 20 pads in the jar, I have already seen a *marked* improvement in my skin tone, texture, and eruptions. These are pricey little buggers, but they deliver on the things they promise. I highly recommend them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Out of all the Roth products I have bought thus far, this was the only one which impressed me. I have replaced my at-home peel with this product because it works better. It really does resurface your skin and improve your skin tone. All those blackheads that are trapped under the thin top layer of your skin will be exposed for you to remove as you see fit - strips, mask, tool, etc.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I actually really like these pads - a lot! And that's surprising, because for years I was only happy with really hardcore treatments, such as at home 50% Lactic peels and in office lunchtime peels and microderm treatments. Back in my pre Retin-A days, I may have scuffed at the power of these, or lack thereof, in comparison to deeper peels. However, these are really excellent and powerful peeling pads for those who for whatever reason can't handle harsher treatments.

This is a powerhouse product IMO. I love the mixture of Alpha's and Acids at play here. I love that there's no alcohol, lots of wonderful exfoliating ingredients, yet also has moisturizing properties. These will definitely exfoliate well, penetrate nicely, and allow other serums and the like to work much better. In short, anything you use after this product will absorb way better than had you not used these. Whether one is used to deeper treatments or lighter ones, everyone who tries these will notice a major difference in their skin. These leave skin really smooth and beautifully exfoliated (I know, I know - I have said that 99 million times already!). I also love that these are suitable for all skin types; it's really just about not over using them or leaving it on too long (if you have dry skin), and figuring out when these work best for you (i.e. night or day). Also these are an amazing deal for the dollar IMO. I mean, 60 pads for $45 bux? That's pretty good, although caveat this is coming from moi, the chick who pays out of the @ss in my quest for the fountain of youth in a bottle. BUT, putting that superficial little factoid to the side for now, a little less than $25 each month for 2 months of product that will really benefit the skin is a darn good deal. You can break it down even further too considering these are big pads; if you cut them in half you still get the same benefits without waste and double your product. We can take it a step further even bc its doubtful that one will be using these daily, more like 2-3 times per wk, so that def makes it more wallet friendly :-)

Do these un-wrinkle? Meh, I dunno, I don't have wrinkles yet. But they work so well to wipe away dead skin I am thinking anyone with wrinkles will notice a major difference in their skin. As I said, anyone who uses these is going to see a marked change. I highly recommend these!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

I was planning on writing my review after finishing the container but I love these so much I didn't want to wait. I'm 31 with tan (Indian) skin and not much in the way of wrinkles. So I'm looking more towards prevention and correcting discolouration rather than trying to fix existing wrinkles.

- I use these 3 days a week (M-W-F) and will likely increase this over time.
- I cut the pads in half and it's more than enough to do my entire face and the top of my neck.
- Light stinging but nothing too uncomfortable
- Follow with Embroylisse (serum/trilogy oil on non use days)
- Immediate results in the way of glowing fresh skin
- Slow improvement on discolouration (expected)

I use this as part of a dedicated routine that involves cleansing my face with a muslin cloth with either Aveeno foaming cleanser and/or Clinique balm. My skin has never looked better and I'm currently able to wear just concealer and not have to use foundation which I'm really pleased with. I've given a set of cheaper glycolic pads (Nip Fab) to my husband to use, but once he finishes them I'm switching him to this as though it is more expensive I really feel as though it's worth it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Ok, these are AMAZING! I love the Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta peel pads, but the price tag keeps me from buying them regularly. The Unwrinkle pads aren't cheap, but certainly less expensive. I think they actually work better than the Alpha Beta pads. I don't neutralize them with water like the package says. I leave in on it's own for about 5 mins, then go straight in with whatever serum I'm using that night. Love! They're helping to reduce some pigmentation spots and they are really smoothing out some areas of texture. Great product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product just does not work.

I cut them in half to extend life of product and give better trial time of product.

I wore it overnight.

There was *literally no difference* in my skin after 120 days of faithful, daily use.

Did not change my acne cropping up.

Did not lighten or decrease my acne scars.

Would not buy again or recommend.

This product is truly amazing!!! My skin has never been so good since my 20's. I use it every other night, i have combo skin but if you have oily i think you can use it every day, twice a day i am not sure though... I leave it on for about 10 min a bit more than the recommendation and its perfectly fine. My pores are smaller, they don't clog, i stopped having whiteheads (which was my main problem), my pigmentation on my cheeks are less visible (i tried lazer before did nothing!). You have it use it for about a month before you see the effects, especially on pigmentation... For the pores you start to notice the difference after a week. I can't say much about its effects on wrinkles because i dont have any visible ones, but overall this is the most "magical" thing i have used on my skin up to now. I even stopped using foundation because my skin looks pretty good without anything, just a bit of blush and that's it. I just love it, strongly recommended.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I waited to write a review on this product until after using all 60 pads in the container. That was a good idea. For the few weeks of use, the pads made my skin tingle, and I noticed an improvement in skin texture. After that the pads no longer made my skin tingle, and my skin did not look as clear and healthy. My guess is that exposure to oxygen over time caused degradation of the product so it was no longer effective.That's too bad especially considering the high price. I won't repurchase.