February 27, 2015 | 1110 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2015 7:18:00 PM More reviews by aerili

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This product does not disappoint. I use it about 1-2 times per week as an adjunct to the PTR 10% glycolic acid. Although they are designed to do similar things, they do not work the same. This stuff seems to have a stronger mix of acids and leaves my skin looking more smooth and "perfected" somehow. I cut the pads in half and leave the treatment on for 5-10 minutes before washing off. I can't use it too frequently, though, or else my skin becomes too red. Hence the perfection combination of using the glyc. acid serum the other nights of the week (with 1-2 "rest" days per week where I do not use either product - to avoid redness).

I break out with just about all products (except powders), but so far PTR has been good to me and never causes a problem.

The smell is not great but the outcome is awesome. I think it is a bit pricey up front but I guess it is about average when considering other similar products. Also, if you don't use it daily, a jar will actually last months and thus be very affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2015 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Brandi80239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love these pads! I use them morning and night. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2015 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Sweetvanou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This thing saved my face! Oh lord, less red scares, less pimples, smaller SMALLER pores (yes there's something that can actually shrink those sh***!). Thanks PTR. I also cut the pads in 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2015 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Zoek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

These pads have really improved the look of my mid-fifties skin. I use 2-3 times a week with Mia 2 and the other PTR products in the Un-Wrinkle Kit and the Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair mask (left on overnight). But I think the pads are making the biggest difference, gently but noticeably exfoliating and firming my skin. Makeup goes on better, though I need far less of it now because I now have a natural glow that hasn't been there for a long time.

Yes, cut in half for most bang for your buck, and apply to neck, decollete, and back of hands, too. Currently, Beauty Place (online) sells travel size (20 pads) for a song.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 4:12:00 PM More reviews by floridashoegal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These little b*****s are awesome. Cut them in half.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by lovemylife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff is amazing. It has made a noticeable difference in my skin, starting around day 3 of use. I've been using it nightly (and sometimes in the mornings as well) for a few weeks now, on my face, neck, and back of hands. My skin is soft, smooth, and clear. Don't know if it does anything for wrinkles, but it's well worth the money.

Someone below mentioned the possibility of over-exfoliating with this product. Should I be concerned? I'm not sure yet. I haven't had any adverse effects, but will see how my skin reacts this winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I bought the trial size of this and will absolutely buy the regular size once I run out. This leaves my skin soft, brighter, and has even helped clear up a little bit of acne. It certainly tingles, so I don't leave it on for the full five minutes. I usually leave it on for about two minutes tops. I'm very impressed with how well it works. I love PTR products and can't wait to see what this stuff does with prolonged use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Beth

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm always on the lookout for excellent exfoliators. This product was part of a recent Sephora kit, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. The jar contains 60 cotton pads soaked in a 20% alpha- and beta hydroxy acid solution. (Glycolic acid is the second ingredient listed, after water.) The label also mentions gamma-hydroxy acids, but I am not aware of any clinical evidence that gammas do anything, so I don't care about that, just the alpha and beta. Based on a suggestion from another MUAer, I cut the pads in half to make the jar last longer. Half a pad is plenty for my face and the backs of my hands. I put it on in the morning, let it sit for a minute while I do the rest of my morning routine, and rinse off with warm water and pat dry. My skin is left smooth, although not as smooth as with a physical exfoliator such as a scrub. I usually follow this up with a sunscreen. I do not use this product at night.

One part of my skin that has improved dramatically since I started using this product is the left side of my face on the cheekbone, where a cluster of small whiteheads was almost immovable. They're virtually all gone now after about four months of using this product. I am now also noticing fewer clogged pores overall, and those pores that are clogged are easier to extract. All in all, a great find!

The jar normally retails for $45 by itself. A great exfoliator for 75 cents a day, if you use the pads whole; even cheaper when you cut them in half, as I do. The only drawback might be that this is not a product for skins new to alpha-hydroxy acids. Use a lower-concentration acid product first, and work your way up to this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Not a product that gives instant or overnight results but in the end, I found that these peel pads live up to the hype. With regular use I found my complexion to be smoothed and brightened. Gives the skin a nice glow and helps keep it clear. But I did have to leave the treatment on overnight- I found that when I rinsed off after a few minutes it made no difference whatsoever. But that's just my skin, it's not particularly sensitive and used to chemical exfoliation.
Also, this isn't something for everyday use. If you're looking for a similar product that's gentle enough to use every day I'd recommend First Aid Beauty's Facial Radiance Pads. The PTR pads are strong enough to cause over-exfoliation, so I only use them 2 or 3 times a week at the most.
Overall, despite the price tag, I'd buy these again. They agree with my combo-oily skin and provide visible results. Recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by newkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to help smooth out my skin before my wedding. I have some fine lines in the forehead and hyperpigmentation that I wanted to address, but sadly after using it for three months I did not see any improvement or positive change in my skin. Even worse was that it caused cystic acne and acne has never been an issue for me. I followed the directions on the box and nothing. Would not buy it again.