April 21, 2014 | 1220 users online

Nails - Onyx Professional - 100% Pure Acetone Nail Polish Remover

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought the moisturizing formula but I imagine this is similar, when I run out I will purchase the pure acetone because I feel it removes glitter much better. I have read some people mix the moisturizing one with the original, which is a good idea. The price on either of these is great and the bottle will last a long time, even with regular manicures/pedicures. It removes all of my polish, stains and glitter much faster than regular polish remover and with minimal damage to my skin and nails.

I only gave 4 stars because I feel the bottle is a bit annoying to deal with when I have wet nails or just want a tiny amount. If this bottle were to ever get knocked over I can't imagine the mess it would cause, and since acetone is a toxic chemical I'd prefer a better dispenser. That being said, the price can't be beat and I wouldn't wear glitter nail polish without this around.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I was buying the Sally's version of this until I found out Wal-Mart carries acetone; which is a lot more convenient for me. It's inexpensive and a huge bottle lasts quite a while. I'm not a fan of regular polish remover, it takes forever. I know acetone is harsh but all you need is a good moisturizer afterwards and you're fine. It takes off everything (quickly), even glitter. Love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirlxD14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is fantastic !! 😄It gets polish off in the blink of an eye!! I plan to try the other lines too like the purple one and I think the green ones. They're awesome! BTW, you get such a bang for your buck .. It's under 3 bucks and you get a tall bottle that lasts a long time! I've bought this brand over 3 times. In fact, I have an empty bottle that I forgot to throw away. Excellent!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by MPMia

It works wonders for glitter polishes and any polish you want off FAST. It is harsh on nails and cuticles but that's expected. A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I used to think i didn't like glitter polish until i found this. I buy the 16oz bottles from WalMart for $2.50. It's dirt cheap and it's the only nail polish remover I use now. Takes glitter off the way regular np remover takes regular np off. The scent is not as unpleasant as regular np remover either.
One of my staples. Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

I like glitter polishes, and it's not unusual for me to wear 4-5 coats of polish (not counting base and t/c). For me, regular polish remover is pretty much a joke. Not only does pure acetone remove all my polish easily, but Onyx brand is cheap (about US$6 @ Walmart for a huge bottle) and easy to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by ShishiAnemone

It's a great value and very effective for removing many types of nail polish and glue.
I always like to have this available.

I paid about $4 for 16oz/473ml

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by KaylaRay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes, it is harsh on nails, but its acetone! Of course its harsh! I still love this remover for glitter, glue and wrap removal. I did use it as an everyday polish remover because it is so fast and so cheap but my nail beds really didn't like it. It's still my favourite remover though. And for $3, for nealy half a litre, you can't really go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

It may not be too kind to nails or cuticles, but you can't beat something that can take three coats of glitter polish, plus base and topcoat, off all 10 nails with one partially soaked cotton ball!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got this for $3.38 at Wal-Mart for a large bottle. It really removes polish so easily. I have yet to try it on glitter, as I don't wear it that much, but I can only assume good things!
This can be very drying so I only use it to do clean up now and on the odd occasion where I do have glitter on my nails. Don't forget to moisturize after using this though. I use Hard as Hoof by Hoof (same brand that makes this remover). You can get it at Wal-Mart also for under $9 for a 28g tub (compared to $8 for 11g of the Sally Hansen cuticle cream).
This is a must have if you love painting your nails.