Escentric Molecules Molecule 01

3.6

This is a pheromone NOT a perfume so it will react differently with every person. I know me thing...ITS AMAZING! I went to the doctors for a routine check-up and asked a question about something..he reacted by telling me that he wouldn't answer until I'd told him what perfume I was wearing...This is a real 21st century perfume concoction. It draws people to you because it makes others feel good to be near you and it actually works. Usually, I wait for special occasions to receive a gift of perfume but with 01...I order online and spritz every day. A little does a lot!

on 2/4/2015 1:11:00 AM

I was once followed from a garage to a supermarket by a woman who just had to know the name of the amazing perfume I was wearing. Such is the power of Molecule01. When it came out all the glossies were hailing it as a "man magnet". I disagree on this point but if I were a lesbian it would be another matter, it's always women who comment on this. It's very subtle but you catch the occasional whiff and it's incredible. I'm a self confessed perfume addict and there's always something wonderful to try but I'm on my third bottle of Molecule01 which must say something.

** Thank you Sillage (sorry, a new member so can't send private messages yet) I had posted this under Escentric01 (put that down to me doing this on night shift) I did mean Molecule01 which is amazing and not Escentric01 which I find a bit, "meh"

on 11/1/2014 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Update: I ti think I'm dissapointed with this one. Not a single person has commented that I smell good in the past weeks of wearing this. My husband usually nuzzles my neck and tells me how nice I smell...hasn't happened in the past two weeks! One woman at work asked me, after sniffing the air, "do you smell cedar? Smelles just like the cedar I put in my closet to get rid of moths!!" Hmmm...at 115, not exactly the reaction I was hoping for!! I do smell Molecule 01 on my scarves, after wearing...but not on them while wearing them. It's a strange phenomenon. I like smelling good. I like catching wafts of my scent during the day. This one is so elusive, that it won't happen. Still an interesting concept, but I do believe there is a bit of "Emperor's New Clothes" to this.

I purchased Molecule 1 this week after loads of research. A little boutique in my town started selling all of the Molecule fragrances. I went in to test and decided on Molecule 1. I've worn it three days straight now, and while I am enjoying the experience...I'm not certain I would repurchase, mostly due to the high price tag. The fragrance itself has been described well already. Cedar, natural, skin scent. As I lay here this evening, watching tv, I get some wafts of slight sweetness and warmth. I smell like a nice person (I actually am, btw!) Sounds silly, but this smells warm, comfortable, gentle, friendly. Nothing sexy, loud, outrageous here. It smells modern at the same time however. That was the reason I plopped down 115 for this scent. There is only one note. I wanted to try it to see what the hype is about. Lately I have preferred skin scents. Rich musks, patchouli, sandalwood...but I DO enjoy smelling myself. That is what dissapoints a bit about Molecule 1. It is so elusive. I find myself sniffing the air to catch a scent of myself. I am used to smelling my perfume. I don't like loud fragrances and hate to announce myself with my perfume. I do like to have my own little cloud of scent for me to enjoy when I move around. I haven't been anywhere to see if others react to my new scent, but my husband came up behind me, kissed my neck and told me I smell nice. I wasn't terribly impressed with the others (Escentrics included). I am a huge vetiver fan and I think Escentric 3 is just that. Unfortunately that is all you smell...from beginning to end. No change, nothing. I am curious to see if I get any comments on my new fragrance when I go to work this week. I am glad to have been able to try a bottle, but this may be as far as my exploration with this brand goes. This would be the oerfect gift for people who don't care for perfume in general. Very demure and unobtrusive this one.

on 2/12/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is really nice, but it is a tease. I've read reviews that say there is nothing to smell, some that say the scent creeps up on you,and others that say it flits around from time to time. I smelt it right away, the soft, warm woodsy scent, slightly sandalwood and cedar without smelling like a hamster cage. It's clean, like like clothes pulled from a wooden chest. After I put it on last night, I snuggled my cat and smelled it on him today. Will have to sniff him again to see if it lasts until tomorrow. I can see myself getting a decant, but not forking out so much money for such an elusive fragrance. It is lovely, I wish I knew of a dependable dupe.

on 12/29/2013 8:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This one is kind of weird. I had heard A LOT of good things about this perfume, so I asked for it for Christmas. I don't wear it super often, as I can't always smell it on myself, but when I do, I almost always get complements. I've actually twice had women in stores demand to know what I'm wearing and my dental hygienist made me write down the name for her. The price and the fact that the scent isn't super strong to me makes me hesitate to buy it again, but I probably will in thee end.

It layers very well with other perfumes, Stella by Stella McCartney in particular.

on 10/21/2013 2:53:00 PM

I ordered some samples and this one Molecule 1 was one of them. At first I smelled a very light scent of cedar and some very lightly scented flowers and didnt know what to make of it. I didnt get a spray sample, it was one that you dabbed on which I enjoy more because this way I can add more of the scent if I want and can control it much easier than a spray. An hour later the drydown came and what joy to my senses. It was what I call a warm cedar scent that was so lovely I need an entire bottle of this. I had no coughing, it didnt invade my nose that made me turn my head or want to wash the perfume off of my arm. this to me was a totally comfort scent, one I could wear year round as it wouldnt make anybody want to get out of my space and something a person would have to be very close to me for it to be smelled. I love this and it has become one of my most perfect scents, in my opinion. I know it is not for every body however what I like and wear would not be for everybody else and vice versa. My chemistry as such really enjoys wearing this scent. This scent has low sillage and it will not enter the room before the wearer does. Also I noticed that about 4 hours later most of the woody cedar smell was gone and in it's place lingered the softest and sweetest medley of flowers. I will never be without this perfume.

on 10/3/2013 2:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This stuff is disgusting IMO. All it is is a plastic cedar smell and something about it is so abrasive and tenacious... It feels like it is tearing up my nostrils and lungs. I scrubbed the one tiny squirt I put on my arm a few times and it's still there, now accompanied by nausea and a pounding headache. About to step in the shower because I can't sleep with this smell. Sample first!

Well where should I start? I had read a lot about this scent and decided to try it today. My husband wanted to buy it online right away when he saw me so excited about it. But I said I wanted to smell it first. We drove an hour in the evening to find a store where I could smell it and hopefully buy it. We found one shop that had the perfume in the end. The seller girl could not stop telling wonderful things about it while she was busy finding it to let me try. I did spray it on myself and on a piece of paper and I was just incredibly disappointed. I could not believe how cheap and fake this smelled. It smells like badly watered fake fragrances and I have not smelled anything that cheap even in the supermarket. It is unbelievable that they put a price tag of 1100 Norwegian Krone on it which is equal to 188 US dollars. I have smelled room sprays that smell more sophisticated than this one. I honestly think that the company that makes a product which is maybe worth 2 dollars and gets to sell it over 100 must be made of marketing geniuses. I think I want to give them at least four stars for their success, while the scent itself deserves barely a half... I am so glad that I insisted on trying before paying for it. My regret would have lasted quite a while if I had not!

Edit: It does deserve that one star for staying power, though. After five hours and a long shower, the scent is still there on my wrists. Ladies who cannot smell it on themselves must be so lucky.

on 3/30/2013 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought 6 mL of this to try out. I would describe the smell on me as wood-like. Not cheap wood though, but like cedar and sandal - quite a natural scent. There is also something in this smelling dusty, and also a tiny bit of something like machine oil/gasoline. That's is - nothing more in there. Minimal sweetness, no sourness, no powderiness on me, no flower smell. It's quite fresh though. It smells just like it smells right out of the bottle, minus the alcohol, so this doesn't change on me. The smell to me is very light, while other people may almost not notice it at all, which I actually like. It stays close to the skin. I have also applied it under other perfumes to warm them up, which also works well, for example with Chanel eau Vert.
I said I would buy this again because I like the feeling of olfactory-wise being near a wood-workshop, but if that doesn't appeal to you... at least don't buy the full bottle - try a sample.
The silage isn't that great, but this has very good lasting power - on clothes you might be able to smell it even a week later! While you're wearing this, the sillage is changing throughout the day: sometimes you smell it, sometimes not. The only time the sillage is strong is right after application - it's sometimes even too much for me at that point - I would recommend not to go overboard with this perfume.
I do agree that this scent is very overpriced - it's so simple - TWO ingredients. I have rated the smell only though: it's not annoying to me, it's very long lasting. I have no clue why it's so expensive. I also have two big samples of Molecule 02 and 03 - all are very simple. I also have Escentric 01, which smells quite a lot like Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue to me. I will likely receive Escentric 02 in the mail soon too to try out (06.06.14), which I will update this review on.

on 1/19/2013 4:43:00 AM

A lot of people wear this one, and Ive tried it on myself. I do like the smell, but people and advertisers say, that it "brings out your own scent", that I dont believe. My collegue wears it, it smells great, but it smells the exact same way when my sister wears it and when I myself tried it on. Very nice perfume, but not as unique as I inicially thought. And as with all perfumes, I get a bit tired of the scent, when many people wear it:(

Popular Fragrances