July 29, 2014 | 1738 users online

Fragrances - Escentric Molecules Molecule 01

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is really nice, but it is a tease. I've read reviews that say there is nothing to smell, some that say the scent creeps up on you,and others that say it flits around from time to time. I smelt it right away, the soft, warm woodsy scent, slightly sandalwood and cedar without smelling like a hamster cage. It's clean, like like clothes pulled from a wooden chest. After I put it on last night, I snuggled my cat and smelled it on him today. Will have to sniff him again to see if it lasts until tomorrow. I can see myself getting a decant, but not forking out so much money for such an elusive fragrance. It is lovely, I wish I knew of a dependable dupe.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by lkeeney1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This one is kind of weird. I had heard A LOT of good things about this perfume, so I asked for it for Christmas. I don't wear it super often, as I can't always smell it on myself, but when I do, I almost always get complements. I've actually twice had women in stores demand to know what I'm wearing and my dental hygienist made me write down the name for her. The price and the fact that the scent isn't super strong to me makes me hesitate to buy it again, but I probably will in thee end.

It layers very well with other perfumes, Stella by Stella McCartney in particular.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by delish288

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ordered some samples and this one Molecule 1 was one of them. At first I smelled a very light scent of cedar and some very lightly scented flowers and didnt know what to make of it. I didnt get a spray sample, it was one that you dabbed on which I enjoy more because this way I can add more of the scent if I want and can control it much easier than a spray. An hour later the drydown came and what joy to my senses. It was what I call a warm cedar scent that was so lovely I need an entire bottle of this. I had no coughing, it didnt invade my nose that made me turn my head or want to wash the perfume off of my arm. this to me was a totally comfort scent, one I could wear year round as it wouldnt make anybody want to get out of my space and something a person would have to be very close to me for it to be smelled. I love this and it has become one of my most perfect scents, in my opinion. I know it is not for every body however what I like and wear would not be for everybody else and vice versa. My chemistry as such really enjoys wearing this scent. This scent has low sillage and it will not enter the room before the wearer does. Also I noticed that about 4 hours later most of the woody cedar smell was gone and in it's place lingered the softest and sweetest medley of flowers. I will never be without this perfume.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ellacinders

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is disgusting IMO. All it is is a plastic cedar smell and something about it is so abrasive and tenacious... It feels like it is tearing up my nostrils and lungs. I scrubbed the one tiny squirt I put on my arm a few times and it's still there, now accompanied by nausea and a pounding headache. About to step in the shower because I can't sleep with this smell. Sample first!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by jellybabythepinkcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well where should I start? I had read a lot about this scent and decided to try it today. My husband wanted to buy it online right away when he saw me so excited about it. But I said I wanted to smell it first. We drove an hour in the evening to find a store where I could smell it and hopefully buy it. We found one shop that had the perfume in the end. The seller girl could not stop telling wonderful things about it while she was busy finding it to let me try. I did spray it on myself and on a piece of paper and I was just incredibly disappointed. I could not believe how cheap and fake this smelled. It smells like badly watered fake fragrances and I have not smelled anything that cheap even in the supermarket. It is unbelievable that they put a price tag of 1100 Norwegian Krone on it which is equal to 188 US dollars. I have smelled room sprays that smell more sophisticated than this one. I honestly think that the company that makes a product which is maybe worth 2 dollars and gets to sell it over 100 must be made of marketing geniuses. I think I want to give them at least four stars for their success, while the scent itself deserves barely a half... I am so glad that I insisted on trying before paying for it. My regret would have lasted quite a while if I had not!

Edit: It does deserve that one star for staying power, though. After five hours and a long shower, the scent is still there on my wrists. Ladies who cannot smell it on themselves must be so lucky.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I bought 6 mL of this to try out. I would describe the smell on me as wood-like. Not cheap wood though, but like cedar and sandal - quite a natural scent. There is also something in this smelling dusty, and also a tiny bit of something like machine oil/gasoline. That's is - nothing more in there. Minimal sweetness, no sourness, no powderiness on me, no flower smell. It's quite fresh though. It smells just like it smells right out of the bottle, minus the alcohol, so this doesn't change on me. The smell to me is very light, while other people may almost not notice it at all, which I actually like. It stays close to the skin. I have also applied it under other perfumes to warm them up, which also works well, for example with Chanel eau Vert.
I said I would buy this again because I like the feeling of olfactory-wise being near a wood-workshop, but if that doesn't appeal to you... at least don't buy the full bottle - try a sample.
The silage isn't that great, but this has very good lasting power - on clothes you might be able to smell it even a week later! While you're wearing this, the sillage is changing throughout the day: sometimes you smell it, sometimes not. The only time the sillage is strong is right after application - it's sometimes even too much for me at that point - I would recommend not to go overboard with this perfume.
I do agree that this scent is very overpriced - it's so simple - TWO ingredients. I have rated the smell only though: it's not annoying to me, it's very long lasting. I have no clue why it's so expensive. I also have two big samples of Molecule 02 and 03 - all are very simple. I also have Escentric 01, which smells quite a lot like Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue to me. I will likely receive Escentric 02 in the mail soon too to try out (06.06.14), which I will update this review on.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by maleajou

A lot of people wear this one, and I´ve tried it on myself. I do like the smell, but people and advertisers say, that it "brings out your own scent", that I dont believe. My collegue wears it, it smells great, but it smells the exact same way when my sister wears it and when I myself tried it on. Very nice perfume, but not as unique as I inicially thought. And as with all perfumes, I get a bit tired of the scent, when many people wear it:(

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by windkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

"Molecule 01 is the first of its kind to pay homage to just one of these hidden delights—the not so sexy sounding Iso E Super. You know it as a sweet sandalwood/cedar-like smell…"

No, actually, I know it as the main ingredient in any number of "fresh" or "outdoor" smelling laundry detergents and fabric softener sheets. Mostly, it reminds me of Classic Tide -- but in a more penetrating, lingering, irritating way. It gave me a headache. Wouldn't wash off, either, and every time I'd think it was gone, another wave of it would swirl round me.

I like unscented detergents, and I don't like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by shoshana25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Lovely scent, Very clean, woodsy, musky and ridiculously long lasting. There are some perfumes that has these particular notes in it. Light Blue (Dolce and Gabbana), Voyage (D'Hermes) and Yellow Diamond (Versace). Even though I like these fragrances it just seems that (on me) the woodsy, musky notes wouldn't come out as brightly. I am glad to have found this.
Please do not apply too much because if u do you'll end up smelling like gasoline. Take it from me. It may seem light to you but it actually travels and has great sillage. Plus, you'll only appreciate this fragrance when you get it in wafts.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by MPH77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My signature scent - I absolutely adore this!
It's very woodsy and nice, not offensive in any way, and the scent is so good on me. Sometimes I get immune to the scent, and I switch to another perfume for a while, but this is my favorite.
My primary complains are the price and the fact that the bottle doesn't come with a lid.