November 27, 2014 | 977 users online

Palettes - Christian Dior - Dior D'Trick Makeup Palette

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by misstayva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of those limited edition, only available at duty free shops palettes. However, if you're planning on being in an international airport soon, this is definitely worth picking up.
This was my second choice, as I wanted a Dior palette but they were all sold out of the eyeshadow palette I wanted.
I picked this up for about $79 USD. It's quite a large palette and is filled with all sorts of goodies, so I think it was worth the dollar amount. Not to mention the packaging is divine-- It's zippered container is pink satin trimmed with white patent leather-- very girly and feminine.
It contains six slightly shimmery eyeshadows (shades-- a light grey, a light purple pink, a light greyish-brown, a light silvery-blue, a light pearlescent pink and a pale yellow shade); blush in Tahiti Pink; Diorskin powder in 200 Beige Clair; Diorshow mascara in Black, and Dior Lipgloss in an unknown mauvey-pink (on the shimmery edge) colour. It also includes two double-ended eyeshadow applicators, a typical travel set blush brush and a teeny little powder puff.
The eyeshadow colours have ample pigmentation-- not as much as most, but adequate enough. I think the pigmentation is suitable for the shades involved. They blend quite easily and leave the eyes looking radiant due to the slight shimmer/pearlescence of the finishes.
The blush applies well-- I love this particular formula because it blends beautifully and in a snap. The shade reminds me of Benefit Dandelion-- in the now discontinued Dandelion palette (not the standalone blush)-- many of you know what I'm talking about. The Dandelion palette blush was more on the light pink side and not on the golden mauve side like it is when purchased alone.
The lipgloss, I like. I'm not crazy about the way it tastes or smells (it's fragrance free). However, the pink shade is very wearable. This palette seems most suitable for cool-toned folks. Most pinks look absolutely horrifying and sickly on me, but this one looks really good. The slight shimmer imparts a healthy look, and the formula is really moisturising. It doesn't creep or bleed, either.
Diorshow-- if you've read any of my reviews, you may have noted my review on this mascara. For those of you who haven't, I really, really dig Diorshow.
Lastly, the Diorskin powder-- yeah, really good stuff. However, I prefer my Chanel Double Perfection powder foundation above this.
All in all, I'm glad I made this purchase. It's a cute piece, packed with lots of goodies that perform well. Again, I'd recommend this to folks who are either cool-toned or have fair skin. The colours in the palette really perk up one's complexion. Although they lean toward the pastel end, they are not blatant in the least bit.