September 1, 2014 | 1984 users online

Makeup Brushes - Lise Watier - Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by JeLoveDior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation brush. I also own a foundation brush by Cover FX and had used MAC #190. The Lise Watier one is really special because of the following reasons. First, the bristles/hair are shaped differently. From the front view, it is rounder than CoverFX and MAC. From the side view, this brush has the milk carton shape instead of the V shape the other two brushes have. The shape made the brush fuller, in turn made foundation application more like using a sponge. The short handle also helps the brush to fit the hand and I find it much more comfortable to hold this brush when applying foundation. The individual bristles are thicker than the other two brushes. I will buy this again over the other two brushes, because this is less expensive and provides better application. (BTW, recently, I got into using stippling brush <3)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Valerie84

By far the best brush I have used thus far for foundation. I used to use Quo (which is great, but hard to clean). I had asked the cosmetician at Shoppers what she recommended for a brush and without hesitation she pointed to the Lise Watier brush. The price was $25, but if your someone like me who will use it daily, I highly recommend a good brush no matter what the cost. It is very soft, right amount of stiffness, rounded shape is perfect, and it blends very nicely without leaving any streaks. I haven't washed it yet, so I'm curious to know how well it washes and if it will start shedding and how long the dry time is. I kept the packaging that goes over the brush part because it keeps the brush from touching my other brushes and bag. The handle is slim and short, which I love. I am one of those people that has my face up very close to the mirror when applying makeup and can't stand long handles on brushes. I have what one would call an angular face, and this brush was very good for blending each angle and around my nose. I have no cons to add.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by vbparry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this brush instead of Lancome or MAC's foundation brush as it had great reviews and was half the price.

I hate to say this because I love other Lise Watier products & like to support Canadian companies, but I wasn't completely happy with this brush.

It isn't the worst brush I've ever used, but after I applied the foundation with it, I had to blend it further with my finger tips to get rid of the very fine lines the bristles of the brush left. If I have to use my fingers anyway, what's the point of the brush? ( Btw, I tried this with 2 different foundations just to make sure it wasn't that particular brush/foundation combo )

Cheers!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by lgshineee

Amazing foundation brush! I had this make-up brush phase where I basically wanted to own almost all of them haha and when I went to Sephora their foundation brushes cost a fortune! I came across Lise watier's foundation brush and it only cost $25 CAD and it was basically less than half the price from the brush at Sephora. I'm so glad I found this brush because its great, it doesn't leave streaks on my face, it doesn't shed when I wash it, and I've had it for almost a year and I don't plan on replacing it anytime soon. Greatttt buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Lauraaa

I know that my review will be exactly the same as everyone elses becuase: i love it and have nothing bad to say about this. but im going to write a review anyways :)
ive always been a sponge girl, i never thought it was worth the money to buy a brush when you could buy cheap sponges.

i think sponges absorb alot of the foundation and the result is a streaky, unnatural masky look, especially when you're in a hurry! obviously thats not the look that ANY GIRL would want.

what inspired me to buy a foundation brush was becuase i finally splurged on the makeup forever mat velvet foundation. i love the foundation, but i felt the sponges were ruining the look of it. i looked very fake and blotchy. so i wanted something cheap with good quality. i thought maybe i shoudl buy a quo foundation brush becuase theyre the cheapest ones at shoppers ($22 canadian) but the lise watier brush is MUCH softer and only 3 bucks more. i am a proud owner of this. it looks SO natural. i saw NO streaks or blotchy spots on my face. you get the coverage you want, without using so much of your foundation.
the packaging is great. its so sofisticated. it comes in a little plastic bag, with a cover on top so if you carry it around with you (althought you shouldnt anyways), the hairs won't get damaged.

I AM NO LONGER BUYING SPONGES EVER!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by avick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great foundation brush! comparable to mac 198. i got a great deal for this brush. only $12.50 cad @ london drugs ( half off original price ) love it!

i agree to the other reviewer it takes a long time to dry

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by xujoanna

My oh my am I glad I decided to splurge $28 CND (including tax) at SDM today to buy this. I came home and decided to apply my MAC Studio Fix Concealer with SPF 35 with this. I first dabbed concealer with a smaller brush and blended it out with this. It's so natural looking yet covers so much! I have yet to try this with foundation but I am already super satisfied.

The one (trivial) thing I didn't like was for the long time it takes to dry. After I washed it for the first time with baby shampoo and water, it took about 5 hours to dry. =/

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by blackout80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic brush, comfortable to use and does a great job. I've only used it a few times but have had stellar results. Appears to be well constructed and if it's anything like my other Lise Watier brushes it will last a loooong time. Quite affordable too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is an AWESOME foundation brush. The bristles are soft and very full so it makes blending of liquid founation much easier. I really love Lise Watier's brushes. They are of excellent quality and very affordable! I also have the Loose powder brush and it's the best. I use that for everything - powder foundation and bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2008 1:17:00 PM More reviews by xhanabi

This is a great brush! The quality is top notch, but sadly I won't be keeping it because I just can't get the hang of using a foundation brush. Using a MAC 187 Is much quicker and I get better results. So if you are good at using a foundation style brush to apply foundation, then this is definitely a great brush! I personally just don't have the time to blend for so long.