October 24, 2014 | 1677 users online

Mascara - 100 Percent Pure - Fruit Pigmented ultra lengthening mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by racistpretzels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As EXPENSIVE as this mascara is, it is the best natural one I have tried (actually, it comes close to the best mascara I have ever used, natural or not).

It seperates well without clumps, lengthens, gives me a slight curl (although my lashes are already naturally curly), and smells amazing! I have the black tea one and it does indeed smell like fruity tea.

May I add comes off easily (but doesn't burn like HELL if it gets some in my eyes), which is terrific because my old mascaras would pull out multiple eyelashes with removal, even in conjuction with the *~ MaGiCaL ~* coconut oil as a makeup remover

If you're looking for something very dramatic, I'm not sure if this is for you. I think it gives just the right amount of volume and length, but maybe not enough for someone who likes very thick and clumpy lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by raco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Guys, for some reason this mascara just does the most for me. I received this as a Birchbox sample and am hyped to buy the full size product. It lengthens and curls my lashes, gives a bit of volume, and leaves me with no raccoon eyes or smudging. That's all I could ever want in a great mascara. I also appreciate that it comes off quite easily at the end of the day - I don't have to spend five minutes reapplying makeup remover. The natural ingredients are a fantastic perk as well - Have you ever *really* thought about how we're putting chemicals so close to our eyes? Awesome stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Enneagram1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Prior to purchasing this mascara, I had not worn mascara in over 20 years because I could not find one that did not irritate my eyes. After seeing the ingredient list on this mascara, I decided to try it. Its performance as a mascara is just average - it won't make your eyes pop like the lengthening mascaras. But, I wore it for a full 16-hour day, and my eyes were not irritated and did not itch at any time. I was very impressed! And the mascara stays in place well (no racoon eyes). I have been wearing this mascara daily for about a week, and I still have no irritation, so this is definitely a keeper for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by isabella8

This did not work for me at all. To be fair, I appreciate the natural ingredients in this product and it's likely not the product's failure but the fact that I have a very greasy eye area. I generally can't wear most mascaras because I get raccoon eyes after a few hours of wear. I typically have to wear super waterproof or really drying formulas (16-24hr hold mascaras). I got really bad raccoon eyes after about 2 hours (even with eye primer). I wouldn't recommend this if you have a similar problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by ChocolateBobka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this mascara. I recently did an overhaul of all my beauty products in order to be as organic and all natural as possible...which isn't easy to do with makeup. No, this product won't lengthen and volume to the extent a chemical based mascara will, however, it will make your lashes darker and a bit longer and its clear one is wearing mascara. And the fact that there is nothing bad in it (at least until some new information comes out about newly harmful ingredients we didn't previously know) makes me quite happy with this product.

Sidenote: I'd like to say I switched all my products over to 100% Pure however their cleansers, foundation etc contain Japanese Honeysuckle Extract, used as a preservative. This is a BAD ingredient from what I've researched. It is derived from nature so the company can still say that their product is 100% natural however it mimics parabens in the body. You can read more about it here on this very informative site: http://chemicaloftheday.squarespace.com/most-controversial/2009/12/30/japanese-honeysuckle-extract.html

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by yoyolanda

Leaves a soft natural lash. Smells delicious which is rare for a mascara. Another success by 100 Percent Pure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by alina08

The best part of this product is the ingredients list. The scent of the product is kind of fruity, which is totally different from every other mascara I have ever owned. I have this mascara in black, which has a pretty decent pigment. I think this product performs fairly well for being vegan, although it seems to lengthen more than volumize. I have to apply this product for several minutes before I could get the effect that I desire. Although I do like this mascara, I think I prefer other mascaras better for more dramatic effects. I could use this for an everyday look, but I probably will not use it frequently. On the plus side, the packaging is simply gorgeous!

Update: I think I have finally gotten the technique down with this mascara. The eyelashes definitely need to be curled beforehand and then the mascara needs to be applied from a variety of angles. In this case, I would bump this mascara up to four lippies. Failure to curl eyelashes will result in a less than spectacular effect so you need to take the extra step with this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Last month, a 100% Pure shop opened in my neighborhood and when I stopped in to get some cheek tint, they were having an awesome giveaway with purchase. (Like, full sized products, giveaway).

One of the items in the free pouch was this mascara. After using it a few times I can say that it's pretty nice. Now, it does not give me the dramatic look that I tend to go for on a daily basis, especially for evening. That's better left to my Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara (which is nothing short of amazing for building thick, lush lashes).

But this, this is really nice for a daytime natural look. And what I really like is that the ingredients don't freak me out. I am a contact lense wearer, and a person that's recently switched about 95% of her health and beauty products to organic, natural ones. This mascara doesn't irritate my eyes and gives me a very natural-looking feathery lash. Again, not dramatic at all, so skip this if you're looking for that. It also is not crunchy or flakey, which drives me bonkers with 99.9% of mascaras on the market, highend and drugstore.

I think I would purchase this after my freebie dries out as a good everyday product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

This is, hands-down, the best mascara I've ever had in terms of overall performance and ingredients. I love that it truly lives up to the brand name and uses safe ingredients, the packaging is so beautiful, and the mascara itself is high quality. I find that it separates my lashes extremely well- I thought I was getting great results in that area from my previous mascara, but this one takes it to a whole other level. It definitely lengthens my lashes, as promised, without looking fake. I have to be patient when building on the first layer, though, as it does take some extra to get the lashes I'm used to. It's totally worth it. It comes off so easily at the end of the day. I will absolutely repurchase and repurchase and repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by kate10662

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this for super cheap on amazon, so thought it was worth a try. Overall, it's very good for being a natural mascara. It didn't give dramatic results, but lengthened and gave enough volume that it was good for everyday use. I had it in the brown color, which I really liked, because it was more subtle than black (but was dark enough no one could tell you weren't wearing black mascara). My only problem with this is the staying power wasn't too great. By the end of the day my lashes were noticeably shorter, and there was some smudging under my eyes.