November 26, 2014 | 1810 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Snowflakes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by rose1234

This for me is a pretty dark shade. I have worn this dry and then applied wet as the "v" around the corner of my eyes and blended to the crease and got many compliments. I have also used this with lighter violet colors and it just blends well. It might have faded a bit during the day, but it holds and does not migrate into the crease for hours and hours which is my pet peeve. Overall, pretty and stays put.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by smartiebooboo

I recieved this for free during of the specials EDM was having. I found this to be a bit too shimmery. There were many sparkles that would fall off during the duration of the wear. It was too light to be used as a blush and too dark to be used as a highlighter on my skin. For reference I am an NC20. Overall, I would not repurchase. I ended up mixing it with matte blushes to give them a bit more shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This medium lavendar shadow makes my hazel-brown eyes stand out. Exquisite color. This joins In The Garden and Room Addition as a favorite that I will keep purchasing, should I ever run out of the generous sample.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by catlike

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I wanted to like this deep-violet shadow because it looked so great in the pot, but the color just looks chalky on my eyes, even with primer. It is also much sheerer than I would have thought it to be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Snowflakes is a violet shade w/ a hint of blue in it. I used it wet as a liner and it worked great. Not intensely dark but great during the day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 5:03:00 PM More reviews by chuugle

Snowflake is a very pretty dark lavendar shade. Unfortunately, I feel like it fades and by the end of the day/night, you can barely even see it anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2008 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Kamicha

I really like the smoky lilac base shade of this, but I'm not too fond of the sheen with strong bluish tint. One thing is sure, this will not create that infamous bruised look. Beautiful shade, but probably not for me.

Click Continue to see some EDM eye shadow samples (including Snow Flakes) on skin.

continued >>

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

This is a gorgeous lavender shade. I use it all over my lids, with mystic as the eyeliner and with well being in the crease. This combo makes my green/blue eyes look AMAZING! I get compliments everytime I use this eyeshadow. I have been on the hunt for the perfect purples and I've found them!! They don't give me a "bruised" look. I find that if I use an eyeshadow brush and PAT it on, that it does much better than if I try to sweep them onto my eyelids, I can really build the color up using this technique. I haven't tried using it wet yet, but I'm pretty sure that will give me a more intense color pay off, however right now...I am really loving the sheer look of it, using it dry. I will definately purchase this again. EDIT: Panacea81 on youtube does a purple eye that is gorgeous, I used snowflake and mystic night to replicate it and it looked FABULOUS!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by FastKitty99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my most-loved colors from the EM Mini Eyeshadow Kit. Lovely lavender/violet shade, slight shimmer, perfect for everyday wear. I wear this one a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

Snowflakes is a shimmer eyeshadow, which is described by Everyday Minerals as "a soft pinkish violet shade with smart sparkles and lasting sheen." I, on the other hand, would not describe this as a pinkish violet shade as I don't see any pinkish tones. Rather, Snowflakes is a neutral-toned, muted and somewhat smoky, medium violet with blue undertones.

This eyeshadow has shimmer but it is not over the top. It does give you a subtle sheen and thus, it's perfect for women who want some color but don't want bling-bling eyeshadow.

This would be lovely if paired with EM eyeshadow in Well Being, which is a deeper violet shade with subtle shimmer. I love Snowflakes and will definitely repurchase if I ever run out (and I say "if" because they do give you a lot).