October 23, 2014 | 900 users online

Moisturizers - Nuxe - Creme Fraiche de Beaute Light

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Aug17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's my first Nuxe product, I bought it because of big discount and good reviews on this site and I like it a lot. The smell, colour and consistency are pleasant, it's like very light milk, but not watery, and it absorbs well.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by missnjones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i still gave this product 2 lipsticks even though i did not get to try it, i bought it online based on the mua reviews, opened it to sample it on my hand and found the smell of it absolutely vulgar- i can't even say what it is it smells like but whatever it is i really don't like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is everything I've ever wanted in a moisturiser. It feels light and non-greasy on my skin and is fast absorbing, but also very moisturising. The herbal scent is strong but inoffensive and it's the perfect base under makeup. It doesn't mattify my skin like it claims but I didn't want it to anyway...I wanted my face to look dewy but not oily, and this achieves that. I can see myself buying this again and again despite the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Igivereviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample and decided to try it out since I was really happy with the results of their cleansing gel. This moisturiser was able to hydrate my skin and control oil, delivering what it says on the packaging, "de- thirst and mattifies." Yes, it is a little on the pricier side, but it is really worth the buy in my opinion. It not only hasn't broken me out, but also helps to control my acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a big Nuxe fan owning about 65% of their products for face and body (more like a fanatic I know I know...)
My favourite moisturiser nowadays is the Nuxe Prodigieuse, the Creme Fraiche de Beaute Light I use under make-up because it is an excellent make-up premier as it helps the foundation pigment spread equally across the face, nevertheless, I find myself disagreeing with most of the reviews as this cream is not as mate finish as the prodigieuse one, it's a lot more moistly and therefore, it's excellent in hydration, in my case leaves a bit of a shine on the T-zone when using alone.
Anyway, I still use this every day under makeup as it's really hydrating, just have to add a matifying fluid on the T-zone to get a perfect result.
For anyone looking for a really mate moisturiser check the Creme Prodigieuse (the day version for combo skin, not the rich version off course), this one leaves 0 shine, but not so hydrating as the creme fraiche de beaute though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by angieleehenry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very acne prone skin and this is my absolute HG moisturizer. I use it day and night. Except in the day I add SPF 40. I can't tell you how many different moisturizers I have used but this one is very light and my face is moisturized all day. I feel like my skin is finally balanced.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by stls

I'm so very pleasantly surprised by this moisturizer!
I didn't know about Nuxe but stumbled upon these reviews and was intrigued.
I found a tester but it was probably old and smelt really funky - I was put off for a while but I asked for a sample anyway.
Did I mention it's soo great?
The consistency is delightful and rather thin but still creamy. I like my moisturizers this way for my combination acne prone skin.
It absorbs instantly with no traces of residue and the finish is semi- matte.
My skin is left so soft and plump!
And did I mention the terrific aroma? I normally prefer my face products unscented but this gorgeous orange blossom scent is purely aromatherapeutic!
The packaging is nothing fancy, just neat and hygienic. I find the price fair too. No negative skin reaction so far.
I still like my Clear face care gel by Sebamed for the cooling gel texture and I'll alternate between the two but this is far more cosmetically elegant.
Love!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

First of all; The ingredient list that is on the net, on the websites and here above is not the same as on the product - or is there a french/european version of this and an american...or even more...? Cause i recieved a few samples of this and on the backside the full ingredient list is printed; the order of the ingredients is a little different. Might be importent for you with sensitive skin to double check before buying.... But I guess they had too many ingredients and they just got mixed together when they printed them...?

Cause that's the problem with this product in my opinion; far too many ingredients. If you have extremely sensitive, reactive skin prone to acne, this list is really two days job to check; among all the natural ingredients there are also silicones... The SA (in one of our capitals largest stores with all the beauty-brands that excist in our country) gave me this with the promise; this is one of the few products without silicones! Yes....I'm happy I read the ingredients now a days....

Pros:

- Gives a slightly matte look for the first houre

Cons:

- Far too many ingredients that can mess it upp for really reactive skin!

- Marketed as "natural" (and obviously sold as that), but contains a lot of unnatural ingredients, for example silicones high up in the list.

- Smells really strange

- Expensive

Try it before you buy it. I'll go on looking for a mattifying moisturizer that has as few ingredients as possible...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have acne-prone, sensitive oily skin, prone to redness. I really like this moisturiser. The scent is very soothing, and smells of mandarins. It feels very luxe to use and it sinks right in with no residue or greasiness. Keeps my skin plump and hydrated all day. I dont find it hugely mattifying, but that doesnt bother me because mattifying products seem to dry me out and I also don't mind a little bit of dewyness. Will continue to repurchase. UK people- you can get it online or from Space NK.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was really excited to try this product given the high reviews it got on this website. I was looking for a moisturizer that would moisturize my dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin.

Pros
- Light weight

Cons
- didn't feel moisturizing, despite its claim for "24 hours soothing and moisturizing emulsion". And that to me is a huge con because I really need and want something that will moisturize my dry skin. BTW - I am using the winter-time, so it is even more important for it to be moisturizing now. When you first put it on your skin, it feels moisturizing, but then it mattifies and is not moisturizing. Bringing me to my second point:
- Mattifies. Some people may see this as a pro (probably people with oily skin). It absolutely matifies, but I was not pleased with the outcome.
- Minor point: the smell. While not a bad smell, it was one that I noticed from time to time and did not particulary enjoy. This is a very minor point that would not detract me from purchasing this product, had it worked and moisturized well, but alas, it did not.

Verdict: will not be repurchasing again.