October 21, 2014 | 2001 users online

Treatments (Face) - Sally Hansen - Cream Hair Bleach

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Raech

I've been bleaching my upper lip for years with this. 10 minutes and I'm done. Sensitive skin and no acne or major red skin caused. Love this product so much. My other peach fuzz is light. This makes above my lip fuzz match that. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Jdeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been buying this product non-stop since I was 13 and I'm now 35. Can't live without it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by cookswithoutarecipe

I was looking for Jolen bleach and the store I was at was out of it. I thought I'd give this Sally Hansen bleach a try.

I'm white with dark brunette hair. I use this on my upper lip and on my jaw line. The jaw line hair is PCOS related and fairly coarse.

This does not work well for me at all. The preparation and application is the same as the Jolen, it just does not lighten hair as well. It might be okay for finer hair or hair that is lighter than mine, but a 10 minute application did zilch.

Pros: Less stinky than Jolen and also less irritating to my skin.

Cons: Not very effective for its intended job.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by strawberryandmint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this bleach didnt work well on my arms. but helped a lot on my face it lightened my super dark hair. and my sensitive skin wasnt irritated. love it !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I lighten my eyebrows from med/dark brown to dark blonde and have been using Jolen bleach.
I thought I'de give this a try and I found that while the application is identical, (be sure to measure or you can burn your skin) I do have to leave SH on my brows longer, though I didn't have any redness or stinging. I'll most likely go back to the Jolen for the time issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by nicoleligia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am half white and half Guatemalan (Hispanic) and this product is a LIFE-SAVER. I swear, swear, swear bye it. I have very fair, yellow-toned skin with medium-dark brown hair. I've always had some peach fuzz, maybe more than the average girl, but since my hair is naturally dark, it shows up a trillion times worse on my upper lip. (I never was that hairy anywhere else, I didn't even have a unibrow.) Well, in middle school, my twin sister and I always got made fun of for having mustaches. Honestly, they made fun of her worse, but I still think mine was worse. Well this product bleaches great. We got out first box in 6 or 7th grade to share and since then its been wonderful. I've gone through about 10 or 11 boxes, and his product lasts a very long time. I can get about 6 uses out of a package, sharing with my sister every time. The results last strong for about 3 weeks, and begin to fade. I leave on for about 10-15 minutes. I almost always get white bumps on my upper lip after using, but they go away very fast (like 10 minutes at most). It will sting a little, but keep it on and it'll be worth it. I would definitely recommend buying. Totally worth it. And now it comes with pre-conditioner. I loveee.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by laurennr23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Im on my 3rd box of this stuff because it is a life saver. I always get teased about the dark hair on my arms so i wanted them to be less noticible. This stuff really helps because you can barley see the hair after i bleach it. It does sting a little but its not bad for havjng such sensitive skin. So if yoihabe tough skin it shouldnt be a problem. It does smell pretty good for hair bleach and my arms actually feel pretty soft after using it. It lasts for 2 weeks or so. I cant really say that it should last longer because it doesnt fade its just that the dark hair is growing back naturally. So no complaints there. Definitely recommend this if you have any dark hair that makes you upset haha

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by jennc91

I've been using this since my high school days because as a child i always got teased about my "hairy arms". This stuff really does the trick! It lightens my arm hairs to being completely blond and wayy less noticeable. This has been my HG product ever since! I would die without it. Until I can afford lasik hair removal, I will keep using this!

Also make sure you rinse off with very cold water instead of warm! Since it alleviates the itchy/burning sensation :)

Pros:
*Actually works
*Nice almond scent after rinsed off

Cons:
*Stings/itches like crazy usually! (but beauty is pain!)
*Sometimes the beginning of hair shaft is left brown/some hairs stay brown since the product seems to separate on the skin! (better than nothing tho!)
* Results usually last 2 weeks tops on me, until i need to re-bleach! Wish it lasted way longer :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Extra Strength version.

In a nutshell, it works very well and does not irritate my sensitive skin in the least.

It's not really "extra strength" because if you have dark brows you can easily leave this stuff on for 10 minutes without over-bleaching. That said, I'd rather have it the way it is than not.

Compared to similar products, the price is quite reasonable and you get a good amount of quality product for your money.

A definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by lzphill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great for lightening brows! I had been wanting to try this for months since I started gradually highlighting my hair from the dark dark brown shade it naturally is to the dark blonde/light brown "bronde" it is now. My hairstylist wouldn't tint my brows herself. They are black and she assured me that they would turn orange and look unpleasant so I rocked the light hair/black brow look for almost a year or tried to use makeup that left me more costumey and pasty than natural looking and then finally decided to take the plunge and try this product since it was on sale for $4 a box. I figured I could just use eye makeup if things went drastically wrong and my stylist told me they grow out in 4-6 weeks anyways.

After watching multiple YouTube videos for the product, I followed the box instructions and did first the patch test on my inner elbow, then did my brows. I figured this product wouldn't lighten my brows very well or fast since they are so dark and others had complained about that but it did and quickly! The only tip I have is to check the color often since mine lightened to the shade I wanted in about 4 minutes. (Oddly I also had to leave it on 1 brow an additional 2 minutes to get to the same shade.) The color is what I would describe as a pretty soft light brown with a hint of warmth. The warmth is not that noticeable unless you get up close in the mirror and it complements my lighter hair very, very well. It is not at all like the dreaded orange that I was afraid of. My hubby says it looks awesome and he was surprised since he told me not to do it. If mine turned out so good I'm sure others with black brows will too. My head hair pulls warm like crazy when I lighten it and has to be toned to the cooler, beige blonde/light brown I have, so I thought for sure that I would not get the right tone but I did and believe me, I am a beginner in the beauty field.

I've been wanting to try full on medium beigey blonde for YEARS and now I really think I can take the plunge and make it look natural (I'm caucasian with light skin but very dark brown hair and brown eyes). This looks about a billion times better than the dark brows or makeup-caked brows I was sporting before. People actually think this is my natural color and since I'm pale I really love the lighter hair against my skin tone since my natural color tends to wash me out so much. I also love how there is so much of the product left and I can get many months of use out of this before it gets old and needs tossed. This would have cost me $10 every 6 weeks in the salon, now I'm looking at about $4 every 6 months. Glad I did this and did it myself.

Also, I will note that I had just finished a long course of accutane about a month before I did this and I had no problems with skin irritation or burns or hair loss or any of that other junk that people also caution against. In fact, I did great with this product. It didn't even tingle on my skin or bother me at all. No redness, nothing. I did however go around my brows with Cetaphil cream mouisterizer before I put it on so maybe that helped. Good luck and I believe this product will certainly be very helpful to most people looking to lighten their eyebrows from home.