September 21, 2014 | 1065 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - Honey & Lemon Delightful Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I very much enjoyed the smell of this product. I do not find the smell to be over-powering at all, but rather elegant and natural. Perhaps some of the other reviewers received a spoiled product. The texture of this cream is all right for the spring or the summer, but in the winter months it is not enough to keep my skin dry. I rather like the packaging, it is very cute. Although I like the product very much, I think the full price ($36) is too much for what this cream offers. I think those who enjoy scented creams and lotions would be more willing to splurge on this than someone more interested in the efficacy of the cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh, how I love this cream. It's absolutely great. Its thick texture is absorbed very quickly by my skin and leaves it sooo soft and sooo deliciously smelling!
The scent is just amazing. Heavy, sweet honey with a hint of lemon. It is strong, but it does not clash with my perfume most of the time. I prefer to wear floral scents, so with the Honey & Lemon cream I smell just like a flower :)
I find the texture so much more enjoyable than a milk or lotion. It moisturizes just perfectly for me.
And the jar is really cute too, with a honeycomb motive on the sides.
Oh yes, I love this. And I'm absolutely heart broken that it was discontinued, even before I discovered it. I never had any time to realise how great it was and to stock up.
I have not yet found a cream or lotion with the same amazing scent, but I keep on looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by LowraLamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, I've never used any of L'Occitane's products before, but if the rest of their body creams feel like this - I will buy them all. It feels super silky soft, absorbs really quickly and has left my elbows (hey they seemed a good place to test a body cream) amazingly soft! My only gripe is that this scent isn't so great. While I don't find it offensive, it has a kind of "old lady" vibe to it. I said yes to repurchase, but that is for the product itself - not this particular scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by weirdpoh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love applying this to my body. It's has a nice medium thick consistency and glides on so smoothly on my skin. It doesn't take too long to sink in and it doens't leave any oily residue. I also adore the honey lemon scent. If you have very dry skin though, you might need to layer on a little bit more.

There is a fairly generous amount in each tub so one tub should last you a while.

Sad they've discontinued this, I'll definitely be stocking up.

Update 4 Feb 2011. I'm giving this 5 stars. I've just returned from a very cold spell in new york. Within 4 days, my skin turned really dry and scaly. I managed to visit the L'occitane outlet which is the only place you can find this now and picked up two tubs! I applied this daily and my skin went back to it's normal self again a little over a week. I still adore the scent and although I've received comments that it's too strong from my family, I personally LOVE a cream that not only smells great but is lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by athar212000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this, along with the Shower Gel and have stocked up now that they have been discontinued. I admit its not everyones cup of tea, people have likened the smell of this to fart gas!! I cannot imagine how this smells even remotely like that but things smell different to each person I guess. I love the smell. Its very long lasting too. Very sweet and totally unique. I would maybe just use on days when you don't plan to socialise much as others have a tendency not to like this one! For me though an absolute repurchase, despite the price...if only it wasn't discontinued!
P.S The EDT in this range smells nothing like the cream or shower gel so keep clear of that one! I got rid of mine after one try. It was horrible...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The texture of this cream is lovely. Thick and rich lotion that sinks in quickly. My hands and legs feel plumped and moist even over night. Not sticky on me.

I'd buy this cream again in lavender, vanilla, rose, or even the lemon on its own. But not this. I have never heard anyone remark so strongly on a body cream before. A couple of people who came in the room after I'd applied this cream said "whats that smell?" and "I hope you're not considering buying that cream. Its like something died". Honey & lemon delightful cream is putrid right out of the jar before it even touches your skin. The faint lemon part IS delightfully sweet, like lemon sugar boiled sweets. But the honey part is overwhelmingly strong and nauseating. It actually smells like a honey-like product the health product purists here swear by, called "honeydew". Which looks like dark brown herbal honey but is actually made from insects that suck the sap of New Zealand Native Beech trees. Honeydew is made from the Urine of those insects and it smells as equally awful as this cream. Keep away.

I have to disagree with the reviewer who said that it is full of top notch ingredients. Most of them read well on first inspection, but the preservatives are still the old cheap and nasty Parabens duo.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by SSacrebleu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Everything about it is very good- the contents and the smell when you use it. I don't know about package itself since I tried out a sample.
It has got quite good moisturizing effect compared to cheaper mineral oil packed products out there.
Honey & Lemon was a first cream I tried with such phenomenal lasting fragrance in it. I applied it after shower and it smelled in a very divine, delicious way- balanced lemon & honey scent was like lemon sorbet without any chemical feeling. I was very surprised when I woke up 12 hours later and felt noticeable animalistic honey scent lingering around. That honey scent is nice but I don't feel like honey so I'll try another one scented like apple and almonds. Overall I liked this one and recommend it, but try before you buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by kurokokoro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've got 2 sample of this product. the texture is ok, like usual l'occitane's cream. but the smell is bad. i smell like an indian after applying! and what's worse is that even after many hours the smell still stay strong. after using 1 of the sample, i dumped the other.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by SilverGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I quite like this because I find it smell quite nice. and my skin does feel smooth after application. but it's abit sticky. and it very expensive! would save money for other creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by hbeavers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love pretty all of the H-L line, but this is my favorite. Like all l'O creams, the texture is lovely. The fragrance is beautiful--soft, sweet, and clean. The frahrance is quite strong for a body cream, so I wear this as my everyday fragrance instead of an eau d'.