Nivea Smooth Indulgence Hand Cream

4.1

on 3/15/2015 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm a nurse with extremely dry skin head to toe, so when I say my hands need moisture, I damn well mean it! After a harsh northern winter paired with constant hand washing and alcohol rubs, I threw out tube after tube of hand cream in frustration, except for my gifted tube of L'occitane. As much as I liked it, I could not justify the expense. Hence, my desperate search for a cheaper alternative as my reserve diminished.

And what can I say? Nivea's done it again. We have here a hand cream that's every bit as good as L'occitane, just as we have the creme in the blue tin that stacks up to La Mer. Granted, the ingredients are less of a label-to-label match than the face creams, but it's nonetheless a surprisingly high-end formula when you look into it, as another reviewer noted in more depth.

No need to waste another cent on finding a drugstore cream that does the job.

on 1/24/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Nice formulation. Feels very penetrating and not as oily as I would expect from the brand (I remember my grandmother having the emulsion in the glass bottle when I was a kid). This formula has Macadamia nut oil in it. I'd prefer an unscented version but for a drugstore hand cream it's a good value.

on 4/8/2014 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is an excellent hand cream from Nivea. I usually don't like to use Nivea moisturizers because I find the texture to be that European oily/dry feel (which I hate). This hand cream is so creamy and indulgent and leaves my hands completely soft and smooth. Plus the scent doesn't overpower or get cloying after multiple applications. I would definitely repurchase when my other 5 hand creams are gone ;)

on 4/6/2014 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sooo the latest comment prior to this is from 2 years ago.. Yikes! The packaging has definitely changed but it is still the same product. This hand cream is amazing! I use it only at night though because it would be too thick for me to keep on in the morning. I think it takes a little bit of time to really dry into the skin--hence why I use it at night because when I'm sleeping I'm not worried about my hands being a little greasy. Anyway, my hands feel so so so smooth and soft after using this product! They feel silky and wonderful to the touch... I have been using it in the winter when it has been cold And my hands have been very dry, however, I will continue to use into the spring and summer seasons as well! This hand cream is a must have in my nightly skincare routine! :)

on 10/11/2012 6:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a really nice hand cream. It absorbs quickly and has a nice silky texture that moisturizes really well. However, I found the scent to be a little strong. Otherwise, this is a great hand cream for the price.

on 3/19/2012 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I think this particular Nivea hand cream bellies it's price. I find that it's benefits/texture/quality of ingredients are more akin to a high end brand: i.e. Kiehl's, Bigalo's. There are many a hand creams out there. Sally Hansen's 12 Hour Cream was always my favorite for a drugstore/Walmart inexpensive type. I like this Nivea Smooth Indulgence even better. It has Macadamia Seed Oil, Panthenol, Tourine, Sea Salts and Coco Glycerides to name a few high end ingredients found in much more expensive products. This cream is made in France. It's texture is like liquid silk on the hands. It penetrates quickly so you're not left with greasy hands that can't turn a doorknob! Once it's rapidly penetrated you can do anything you would normally do with your hands (use a computer, write a letter, etc.) When used before bed you can see and feel the difference in the morning and especially feel it within and on top of your skin when you wet your hands before washing them. This makes me think it's benefits last through many hand washings w/out reapplication. Even if you have dry/cracked skin on your hands (from cold Winter exposure) that might even bleed a bit at the driest of areas (constant overwashing) this cream HEALS as well as HYDRATES. It softens the skin so that even fine/heavy lines become less so. I'm not sure what more one could ask of a hand cream of this pricepoint. An OVERACHIEVER if ever there was one. Highly recommended!

on 12/31/2010 7:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is probably one of the best and most effective hand creams out there, during the winter time where my hands can get extremely dry this does the job 100%! I apply at night because because it does have a rich consistency. I wake up and my hands are unbelievably smooth, moisturized and very soft, like brand new, this hand cream works so well that I dont have to keep up with applying everynight twice a week does the job. At times when my hands have small dry like cracks around the knuckles this takes them away instantly without ANY burning. In my opinion this and Burt's Bees Almond Milk hand cream are simply the best.

on 11/22/2010 4:03:00 PM

After googling for this hand cream ingredient list i discovered there are 3sort of this hand cream,2have petrolatum mine is having mineral oil.Also i think is about where this product is made,few are in France made and mine is Germany made.
I am a everyday fan of hand cream use,only becouse i always forget to use gloves while i do several things home,so my hands are extremly dry always.
I try it and use it so many hand cream,same expensive and\or cheep,most are good but the difference for me is next morning when i wash my hands..and 30mins later i notice ..the skin of my hands is again (or worse like one day before) craked and dry,the cuticules same bad condition.This is how i know when a hand product is doing nothing or having nice results.
I do have only few favs and this is the best untill now.
The review is for "Nivea Soft&Intensive ,smoothing hand cream for dry and very dry skin,with Mineral Vitamin Complex,Taurin and Macadamia Nuss Oil. (this long name is from package lol) and this is Germany made so this is the original formula for this Hand Cream.
Also seeing so many different ingredient list,i will add the original ingredient list ,also becouse this is for the produc i writte this review.
Ingredient list:
Aqua, Glycerin, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Myristyl Myristate, Cera Microcristallina, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Macadamia Ternifolia, Panthenol, Taurine, Maris Sal, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Paraffinum Liquidum, Sodium Carbomer, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal.
This is my favorite hand cream product becouse i said before when i wash my hands next morning my hands are still soft and hydrated.
I really love how quick this is absorbed but most (and this convincevdme to rebuy it ) ,is how soft is the skin after i apply this cream.Very very smooth,like my hands are made by silk,sooo smooth and delicate smell,can't stop touching my hands :)))
I like it so much ,then i told all my friends about it..and then go to buy another one and seen they again changed this product.
On package are few differences ,in ingredient list also few changes but biggest change is..the smoothing effect is gone.There is not same hand cream.
Then i went in every store,shop,mall..and after few days i found it somewhere .where they still have it few from old stock.Yayyy..and i took 2.. :-)
I will keep one in my bag coz is really quick absorbed and one for night time (also for best results ever ,i alternate with urea5% body cream every other night)
I hate Nivea company for changing again this product,i am really dissapointed ..i wish they dont get any Santa gift for Christmas .SHAME ON U!!
This is my favorite hand cream,really saved my cracked-dry hands and spoiled like no other product.
Really affordable around 1.99euro..and to bad they change it the formula..but i still love it (and i can still stok few other tubes heheehehe)
I do recomend this product ,for winter time and just check id is mineral oil in ingredient list to be sure is same product.
I also add'ed a picture of my beloved cream ,is the one with half description in german :)))
Another great product from Nivea,5lipies product.

on 3/23/2010 9:20:00 PM

Got this in a free sample. The scent kinda bothers me. The unscented lotions always have that kind of weird chemical medical smell to them. Never have been fond of that. However, it does its job. It is fast-absorbing, but not fast enough for me. I'm pretty picky about hand creams because first I don't like the feeling of lotion on my hands for a while, and second, I have to make sure I'm not sliding all over the place on the violin when I finish putting it on.

However, for non-violinists, I recommend it if the unscented "smell" doesn't bother you.

on 3/21/2010 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

In essence I would definitely recommend this hand cream, it truly moisturize my hands and they instantly look and feel more hydrated.