October 1, 2014 | 1807 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Ceramide Gold Ultra Restorative Capsules

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by polmaysaund

I got a few of these free because my workplace stocks arden and they are good :) very oily so i need to put them on before bed but they leave my skin feeling so smooth and lovely and definitely firm it too. however i don't think i would buy them myself because theyre so so expensive

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Walko

These are wonderful little capsules.On application,they seem like they're going to be greasy and not absorb.But just give it a couple of minutes and they absorb perfectly.My skin is combination.A really luxurious treatment,that can be applied even around the eyes.It's helped fine lines and crepiness in that area with no irritation at all.My skin seems more plumped up since using these, but it wasn't bad to start with. I bought these mainly to keep skin in good condition .I use under moisturiser as recommended.Excellent formulation, no fragrance or alcohol.One capsule treats face and neck. I can't understand people cutting these in half? They are in the capsule for a reason. If you transfer the capsule and store it, it will lose it's potency, and the product does not contain preservatives.The amount in the capsule is recommended for a single usage.I love these and can see myself repurchasing over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Princesseren

Ok! So I am combination skin and I am in my mid twenties. I had a sample of this from a GWP from last Spring and I decided to try it now because winter is hitting Canada now... and I happen to live in a horribly dry weather. I was surprised to see that upon opening a capsule and applying it my combination skin absorbed it immediately! I was not expecting my skin to be so dry. I must say that lately nothing else has been soothing my skin, but right now I feel really hydrated and plump. After the capsule I still applied my moisturizer (a light emulsion). I am using Shideido's benefiance night emulsion (also from a GWP).

After trying this product and considering that it is very very expensive, I think this is what you need to know:
1) It is an easy to absorb serum.
2) It is compatible with non-Arden products.
3) It hydrates and plumps.
4) If you are combination skin you probably want to use this only at night to avoid oily t-zone issues.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I did a good deal of research to find the best serum for my skin. The ceramide gold capsules were well reviewed here and on beautypedia. My only concern was whether my skin could tolerate the retinol in this product. But reading the ingredients, I noticed that it was about at the midpoint or even lower. I know that the highest level of ingredients are found near the beginning of the list. I also read about how companies are creating formulas that can buffer or minimize any irritating effects of retinol.

I decided to try this product. I have been extremely pleased with the results. I love the fact that the product's purity is preserved in the air tight gold capsules. I interchanged using this both day and night. I love how my dry skin drinks up this light oil serum. I have seen a real difference in my skin since I have been using it.. My skin feels softer, plumper, more radiant and fine lines seem to be reduced. The best thing is that there has been no irritation or allergic reaction.

I will use one capsule all over my face, neck and chest. The serum is not sticky and seems to sink into my skin. I let the serum absorb into my skin and then proceed with sunscreen and moisturizer, eye cream and makeup.

I am pleased that I found a product that would give my skin important anti-aging benefits. It's an outstanding product that does its job well without causing any adverse reactions. I am thrilled with the results and will continue to use this product.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I originally received these in a gift package from Ulta. I enjoyed using them so much that I did wind up purchasing a regular container from EA.
I like that each one opens separately which is quite sanitary. The product works nicely on my skin, absorbing well. It plumps my facial areas well where needed, and minimizes fine lines. As a serum, it is more on the oilier side. You don't need a lot to cover your entire face and neck area. A little goes a long way. But I will say that my skin drinks this serum and absorbs it with relish.
The capsules aren't cheap by any means at all. One capsule more than covers your face and neck area. I found that I can open a capsule and drop it into one of those tiny sample containers and then use a smaller amount on my face instead of having to use the entire amount. As I said, using the entire capsule I found overkills for me and my face didn't absorb all of it. For over a dollar per capsule, that's wasting product. Using half a capsule was better for my usage. Or, you can empty however many you want into a container and just use the serum that way.
I did notice some immediate plumping. I always look at my under eye area. That's where I have fine lines and I want to see a difference. I immediately noticed my fine lines were improved by the plumping effect and minimized.
In the morning, my skin looks good and the hydration from using this type of serum does feel luxurious. I will say that I use this serum in conjunction with the matching ceramide moisturizer and ceramide eye moisturizer when I use the capsules. The moisturizer is thick and when used in conjunction, my skin is pretty happy.
I've been using all three products together for roughly over three months now and I do like the way they have made skin appear. When I use them, I almost feel as if I'm getting a spa massage with oils and ultimately the product is beneficial to the fine lines I must endure as my skin ages. I'll always have the lines, but at least the lines are lessened because of the plumping effect with this product. Many serums I've used don't plump. This one does. I'm anxious to see it's results in the wintertime versus in the summer's hot weather. If the capsules work this well in hot and humid weather, I'm hoping they work just as well in dry conditions, too.
As I said, one capsule is more than enough for my face and neck area, which is why I suggest putting the capsule in the tiny container so you can use it that way and not waste an entire capsule if you don't want to.
For me, it's a product that I'd like to treat my skin to because I think it's beneficial and it works for a variety of reasons for me. Although the cost is on the higher side, I really like what I'm seeing in the mirror. This is a serum that I've finally found that I can honestly say I have seen a difference in my skin's firmness, fine lines have eased, my skin tone is better and my skin is always hydrated. These are definitely a winner out of the many serum's I've tried.
"Ingredients:
Key Ingredients:
Ceramide Lipid Complex (CLX) -- Ceramides 1 and 6:
Ceramide 1 strengthens, supports, firms the look of the stratum corneum and enhances hydration.
Ceramide 6 is a gentle Ceramide hydroxy acid, naturally exfoliates dead surface skin cells, increasing moisturization.

Other Key Ingredients: Essential fatty acids, Phytosphingosines, Retinyl Linoleate, Borage Seed Extract, Vitamin E.

All Ingredients: Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Squalene, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isostearic Acid, Ceramide 1, Ceramide 6 Ii, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Retinyl Linoleate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Phytosphingosine, Oleic Acid, Hexadecanolactone."

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by FloralPTN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this product.

It did restore my problematic (age increase, moisture loss, wrinkle appearance, sensitive, chapped) sensitive face skin to a soft and firmer status.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by new2makeup123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing product.

I'm only 16 but I have very problematic skin in terms of sensitivity and frustrating switches from dry patches to oily patches. My mom got a sample with about 8 of these a while ago and gave them to me because she's not really into beauty/skincare products and these are such a miracle worker when my skin is acting up.

One capsule lasts me a good 4-5 uses and I only need to open a new capsule every few weeks to regenerate it and bring amazing hydration and smoothness while feeling so light and never breaking me out! This serum even slightly decreases the few pimples I may have :) I'm down to my last capsule after having rediscovered this sample (I've had it over a year) and I will definitely be picking up a full size that is likely to last me 3 or more years at the rate I use these.

100% recommend, even for younger skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by debbielui

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have moved to Asia. Maybe due to more UV exposure, my skin started to age much more quickly. The pores beside my nose became bigger, sagging on my cheek (loss of collagen). My face always feels dry. Have been using B5 day and night. The problem is I couldn't seal it and the moisture is lost / evaporated into the air. Then I find the serum capsule. It does miracles on my face and solves all those problems. I use 1-2 capsules/day for morning and night. My pores are significantly smaller and because of the decreased size pores, my face is firmer too! I read a book about what the skin cells need layer by layer. Then I know I need the ingredient-- ceramide which helps the outer skin cells to seal up /protect the moisture from leaving your face. Then, I searched for ceramide product and found this face serum capsule. It's easily absorbed and surprisingly non-greasy at all! I love it!! The eye serum doesn't do as well though...

I live in Hong Kong now and the capsules are much cheaper (30+% cheaper). So compare to other not-as-effective, yet pricey serum I have used, this is quite affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by skypine

Absolutely fabulous facial oil, it is much easily absorbed than any other facial oil I have used, to name a few, the NYR's orange flower oil, the NUXE gold oil. It's the only treatment that you would need in winter time. It absorbs so quickly that you won't end w/ an oily face. My skin type is combination towards oily and it can still leave a matte finish afterwards. Of course, i only use it at night. Tip, warm it in your palm before apply.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by BelleEtoile

I liked that this product bc at first it seemed to make my pores look smaller and my face feel tighter. But I had a severe allergc reaction to it after a few days. Red bumps appeared all over my eyes, I had only used it near my eyes, but somehow it traveled all over my entire eye area and it was so bad I thought Id have to go to the hospital. Not for sensitive skin.