September 1, 2014 | 2127 users online

Cleansers - Clarins - Cleansing Milk for oily to normal

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Klassicalkelly

I used this for a few months, and my skin got progressively worse. I have around 3 spots a month normally, but when I was using this, my face was a complete mess. I continued using for so long as I blamed it on diet, but as soon as I stopped my skin is clear. When I tried to return an unopened bottle, the sales assistant told me it was impossible I had reacted, and it must be something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by allsmiles1220

It doesn't lather and give you that soapy coverage you feel you need in the shower, but wow does it clear up skin. My face has had less pimples with this gentle, soft cleanser. Really impressed. Can get a large bottle for about 20-25 with shipping on eBay. My favourite cleanser thus far.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by TeeCeeGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros: Smells good, doesn't dry out skin

Cons: Does NOT remove makeup like it claims, leaves oily film, overpriced, need to use a lot to clean your face.

I LOVE the way this product smells. It actually reminds me of a cream my great grandma used to use that I always enjoyed smelling. When I smelled this cleanser for the first time, it took me back to my childhood in a way and I fell in love with it. I hoped that the product itself wouldn't let me down...but it did. It claims to remove makeup, but it doesn't. I follow the directions and as soon as I'm done rinsing my face and I look in the mirror, there is still makeup all over my face, except now it looks all oily and smudged. Eww! I read to repeat if all your makeup isn't removed, so I did. And still, not all was removed. Plus, this is really pricey so I don't want to have to repeat over and over again if it doesn't do what it's supposed to the first time. I think for it to remove all your makeup, you have to be wearing only a very light powder...very light.

My skin is naturally oily but in for the last year, I've had it under control very well. So now, I can use moisturizers and creams that I couldn't before without breaking out or being too oily. But this cleanser just makes my face overly oily again. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone that has oily skin, even though it says for oily to normal skin on the bottle. Since I have the full size bottle, I still use it on occasion to use it up. I just know that my face will be a little extra oily throughout the night. Once I finish, I wont be purchasing again...although I wish I could still have that wonderful smell around...*sigh*

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

edit: Cleanse off oils/balms are way better, cheaper and easier to deal with (no cloth required). This is too expensive for the quantity, and it irritates my eyes. not cool.

I like it (sans annoying packaging), but its ridiculously overpriced. It does melt makeup very effortlessly but it can irritate your eyes if you linger too long scrubbing your eyes with the product. Its also fragranced, wich isnt BAD but I wish it wasn't. If you use it you must remove remnants with toner or second cleanser or you will break out. Bottom line its too pricy to repurchase, and the drugstore alternative St.Ives fresh Skin makeup remover and facial cleanser, works similarly, it isnt fragranced, doesnt sting your eyes and costs less than 5 dollars. Its not as efective as the Clarins milk, but comes close enough, speacially if you use an eye mkaeup remover beforehand. Wont repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 6:35:00 AM More reviews by DesertRabbit

No no no. I put it over my face, massage, tissue off and rinse. It left a oily film and broke me out immediately!! Maybe I'll just use it as bath cream...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Devonina

I like that this product comes in a big package (400 ml!) and I like the pump to use it.
I am not fond of milk cleansers to remove make up as I prefer oily make up removers even for foundation but I really like this as it removes almost everything, not mascara. It works better on my face than any other though and considering the price (a shop near my home always discounts Clarins' products) it is quite good.
The best use I have for it is to massage my face thoroughly after using it to remove make up or even if I had no make up on, insisting on oily parts of my face (chin, nose and forehead). Then I wash with Clarins' Cottonseed foaming thing or Shiseido Pureness foaming.
It is a good product if you can buy it at a good price, I wouldn't buy it at full price though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This is a soft and velvety cleansing lotions and it smells divine (all Clarins products have such distinguished fragrances that I sometimes buy them for fragrance's sake alone...) but it doesn't work that great compared to other products.
Every time I use it I have huge quantities of makeup left on my skin (my toner pad comes out beige), plus my skin gets dry and uncomfortable.
Unworth its high price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by sashsvjet

Guys this is a good cleanser!!! it leaves my skin so soft, iv been on roaccutane twice and now my shitty skin is breaking out again but iv noticed how calm its gone now.

if your buying a skin product to magically make ur skin like silk then you are a moron- only a dermatologist who prescibes you medication and gives u laser resurfacing will help you creams and toners and shit only goes so far so i dont believe in cleanser reviews.

But... there is so much researching into clarins products and i would pay for this again, it gave me good results. iv been using dermalogica and too be honest im just bored of the packaging and monotonous smells of their products. both brands are good.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Doratjie

I'm not a fan of milk cleansers, but outta curiosity I tried this one. The compliments I'd give to this product is 1) it takes out blackheads, I'd say 80%; 2) my face is very soft after wash; 3) it does not dry out your face.

BUT!! The salesperson told me that this removes makeup(not eye makeup), which is a beautiful lie!! AND it blurs my vision every time I wash my face and my face feels a bit greasy after rinse...These are about the most negative elements of milk cleansers.

This product is not bad, it really just depends on how you judge between the pluses and minuses. But for me, I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by iheartkoreanbeauty

I used to use a lot of Clarins products, including this milk. it was OK, didn't break out my sensitive skin but didn't do anything for it either.

Pluses: didn't break me out, didn't dry out my skin

Minuses: didn't improve my skin, left my skin feeling greasy after use.