April 16, 2014 | 985 users online

Gels/Soaps - Canus-goat's milk bar soap

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the way to go for soap that's natural, mild, and moisturizing. I have the unscented version, which is perfect for people with eczema, and other sensitive skin conditions. One of the best bar soaps (if not THE best) I've tried, for sure. Definitely give it a try if you have chronically dry or irritated skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked up the fragrance-free version of this bar soap at my local grocery store on a whim. I had no idea I would love it so much! It lathers well on my washcloth, gets me clean, rinses easily, and doesn't leave my skin dry or irritated. Yet it also isn't so moisturizing that it contributes to body acne (a problem I have with many moisturizing body washes). Next time I repurchase, though, I'll order it from Vitacost for a lot less than the price at my local grocery store.
Ingredients (for the fragrance-free bar): Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Fresh Goat's Milk, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by danielle1558

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this soap! I picked it up at Whole Foods on sale for $1 per bar. Every scent I have tried is delicious smelling, but not overpowering. Also, this does not break me out on my back like a lot of other body washes. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by MW1111

For people who have sensitive skin, I def recommend the fragrance-free version (unscented one in green). It's hydrating, yet soothing...and lathers well too. Removes light make-up, but not sunblock, foundation, etc. I always buy in a package of 3, and use one exclusively for face, and another one for hands. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Loveaddict3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this soap at Whole Food's because I did some research on how horrible it is to use body wash with all kinds of chemicals that your skin absorbs, and wanted to try a more natural way of skincare. I AM SO GLAD I DID! This soap is great! I can feel the difference as soon as I wash the soap off my body. Knowing I am using an all matural priduct that makes me feel great is a nice feeling! Give it a try, I am sure you will like it. I am never going back to body wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by makeupman05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Made my skin baby butt soft, can't stop touching it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by electricshock01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got a sample of this from Costco, which I used as soon as I got home. It's a really good bar soap, which lathers up in a really creamy way. I love it. Gonna go back to costco and buy some, because it's fairly cheap, and moisturizes quite a bit and made my skin soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by moshi24

I bought this at Drugstore.com while there was a buy one, get one free special...I paid $6.99 for (6) 5oz bars (plus $6.99 shipping). So far I really like this. I bought the original and fragrance free soap. It has a really nice rich lather and it washed off all of my eyemakeup without having to scrub. Great soap..great price!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by sloanepeterson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really hate to write a bad review for this product, both because I love Canus' goat milk lip balm so much, and because other reviewers seemed to like it.

Because I loved the lip balm, I bought two bars of this soap the next time I visited the little store in Arrowhead where I got the balm. I bought the original, which I hoped would be good for my face, and the orchid oil, which I wanted to use for my body.

I brought them home and was so excited to use them. I was my face with the original and my face immediately felt very tight and squeaky clean. I lathered the orchid oil soap on some exfoliating mittens and scrubbed all over my body. It itched somewhat, and when I rinsed it off my skin felt very dry and had that feeling when you run your hands over it your hand won't run smoothly because there is no moisture in your skin. My skin felt so uncomfortable I had to rewash it with my very moisturizing Soaftsoap Coconut Scrub. Thankfully, that saved my skin from feeling too dry once I got out of the shower.

I'm sad that I had such a bad experience with this soap. Now I only use it with a smoothing block to scrub my feet. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

I stumbled on Goats Milk Soap and figured if it was good enough for Cleopatra then it was good enough for me! I love this soap. Bar soap usually dries my skin out terribly, but this is great. Lotion is really optional after bathing with this soap. I have sensitive skin and I have used this all over (yes, even there!) with absolutely no problem. Bar lasts a long time so I will buy again and again! Absolutely recommend!