October 30, 2014 | 1781 users online

Cleansers - Shu Uemura - Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/I

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Yet another product I found by chance.
I actually dislike oil based products because I have oily skin and I figured (and noticed) that sometimes you just can't fight fire with fire.

But I had one of those days when I just went crazy with my shopping at the department store and I was like 'I have read good things about this but I hate oil... Oh what the heck I'll get it anyways!'
So I paid $40 (Korean price) for the small one.

The first 3-4 times , ignorant as I am I used it with water and it just made a my face look horrible and i would end up going back to my Biore foam cleanser.
I was a bit frustrated til I actually read the instructions.

You are supposed to pump 2-3 times. Rub the oil in your hands a bit to make it warmer and then start rubbing it on your face for 30 seconds up to a minute.

In reality (unless I have the photoshoot kind of makeup on) I just need 1 pump to remove all my makeup including waterproof mascara.

Totally worth it. I noticed my skin feeling smoother and not looking as red (rosacea),
I even tried the pore minimizing one and that one is good too but for sensitive skin this is the one you must use.

I ended up buying the big bottle for $90 at the duty free store even before finishing the small bottle.

I know it is not cheap but this is an investment your skin will appreciate!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by zxcver

I love Shu Uemura cleansing oil range as it removes oil-resistant and water-resistant makeup extremely effectively. My skin has become much less prone to acne due to the better cleansing. It is a pricey range, but I don't think I can go back to cheaper alternatives!

This particular cleansing oil is marketed as suitable for dry and sensitive skin. I do not find it particularly moisturizing compared to the other Shu oils I have tried. I do, however,like the scent of this oil more than the others. Very calming.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by nuggetdevourer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first cleansing oil I'd ever used. I would recommend it to others but this cleansing oil is hardly the best of its kind.
As a makeup remover, it does a pretty damn good job and can remove my Kiss Me Heroine mascara with a bit of massaging. For a full face of makeup, I use 2 pumps. The 5-6 it recommends is waaaay too much.
Its scent is extremely faint and barely detectable, but it definitely has some kind of fragrance. I've gotten it into my eyes and it does blur my vision but it subsides after a few minutes or from splashing water into my eyes. I'm not sure why this is the case, but sometimes getting it into my eyes does not irritate them at all, other times it does sting a tad. I'll put it down to the actual makeup remnants being the sources of irritation. It rinses off mostly clean but I do feel like there is some kind of residue left over. I double cleanse all the time regardless, but if anyone were to consider using this as a one step cleanser, I'd advise them to give it a pass, or to use some kind of wash cloth to completely remove it from the skin.
Despite the Premium A/I being marketed towards dry or sensitive skins, washing my face with this actually resulted in my face feeling strangely dry and stripped. Not what I would expect from an OIL, and one formulated specifically for dry skin types at that. It's not such an intense dryness that it can't be compensated for with my serum & moisturiser, but I hate cleansers that leave my face feeling stripped.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by bluelimelemon

This is my first cleansing oil and I am glad that I bought this.

The BA at Shu Uemura recommended this for me even though I have oily skin (this is meant more for drier skin types) because she said it's very gentle for sensitive skin. At first I was torn between this and the pink one and the brown one.

The price tag is expensive, retailing for 59 $ for 150 mL in my country. But contrary to the instruction to use 3 or 4 pumps for the whole face, I only need to use 1 pump for the whole face. So I finished after a few months and I used this daily.

Cleansing oil can be scary for oily skin types, but the texture is unlike any oil (especially if the only oil you know is cooking oil or olive oil, haha) because it's very thick and no fragrance. Then you massage it onto your face, then add a little bit of water to emulsify. This is my favorite step, because it's really fun to see the clear oil turn thick milky white. It removes any make up, from sunscreen, bb creams, foundations, even tight line eyeliners! afterwards, you clean it off with water.

They didn't leave any oily residue, and make the face feels so clean and refreshed. So oily skin users don't have to worry about making it more oily or anything.

It didn't cause any breakouts and irritation, and I even noticed that it clears my milias! (small skin colored bumps at the skin resembling water droplets), and when using toner, I noticed that the cotton pad was cleaner rather than using just facial cleansing foam.

So, I really love this product, I would recommend it to anyone looking for cleansing oil, because it certainly deserves the raves. While it is expensive, it last very long. I suggest the 450 mL because it cost less than 150 mL by every dollar per mL. And I suggest website like sasa because they sell it less expensive, try to order them when the free shipping is available (random times) :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

First time user of this product, bought the Premium A/I after going to a counter and being recommended by the SA. At the Aus counters (if they have time) they go through the entire regime of how to use it etc. My normal regime is BioDerma cleanser, Natio toner and Embryollise moisturiser with Clarisonic exfoliation which was working perfectly, but wanted a deeper cleanse for eye makeup. My skin is combo/oily T-zone.
HOW TO USE: One pump on dry hands, to dry face. Massage in. Wet hands and massage again. I use hot water on a facewasher and wash it all off/exfoliate. When i wash it off properly my face feels soft and not greasy.
PROS: 1 small pump for entire face - will last a long time. Is slowly making my skin more normal than combo. VERY thorough clean. I love the bottle, the locking mechanism is brilliant. Non-offensive smell, just smells like oil.
CONS: Expensive (upfront cost, but probably quite realistic as Use vs. Longevity), its a slow regime compared to my Bioderma regime but its much more deeper cleanse. Initially/occasionally have a few pimples but it wasn't enough to put me off.
OVERALL: A very deep cleanse that is rectifying my oily skin problems. It makes my skin feel very soft, occasional pimple if I don't wash it off properly. Will probably buy again...I'll update when its empty...in about a year I think haha

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had never tried the famous Shu cleansing oil, although I've tried plenty of other oil cleansers and liked several of them well enough, but not enough to stick with them. My skin was out of whack a couple of months ago (mid-winter) and was just dry no matter what I tried, and yet my pores were getting clogged from all of the serums and gunk I was treating it to. And it's very sensitive so if I'm not careful it will turn bright red, itch, burn, break out. I went to Space NK in a state of desperation and an SA recommended this. Bless her, because it's the best cleanser I've ever tried, absolutely my HG. It feels so soothing when I massage it in, it takes everything off, it rinses off completely and leaves my skin feeling perfect, like young skin (which it is not). Now I am keeping things simple - this in the PM, the Konjac sponge in the AM, and Ren's Hydra-calm cream day and night, and my skin has never looked better. This stuff is pricey, but the company does samples so you can try it first. I would highly recommend it for sensitive, mature skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by NotACliniqueGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using MAC Cleanse Off Oil for the last 4 years as a makeup remover. My skin is very prone to acne and clogs, and I was very wary of changing my routine, but the MAC was working out to be very expensive as I needed at least 4 pumps to remove all my makeup!!
A while ago I received a sample of this in a swap and loved it, but at the time MAC was working fine and saw no reason to change.
After many trips to the local SpaceNK, and getting little to no help from the staff, I managed to get access to a proper Shu counter where the girl was just a doll and helped me choose this one for my skin type, and gave me lots of samples without me even asking!
I only need 2 pumps of this to remove all my makeup, it does so very gently and my skin looks better than it has in months! I can feel this conditioning and caring for my skin, a sensation I never got from the MAC.
It has a light scent, a little floral and quite refreshing, the scent does not linger once removed.
I travel a lot, and the bottle is perfect for this as the pump has a locking mechanism.
The packaging is sleek and sophisticated, it looks gorgeous in my bathroom.
My only issue is the price, but I guess that I don't mind paying so much for a product that actually works! I have so far loved everything I've tried from Shu (lash curlers and purple mousse primer) so I will be investigating this brand further.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by jkor05

I love this facial cleanser! It takes off everything (including waterproof mascara) and leaves my skin glowy. It smells good, feels great going on, and feels great being rinsed off. I also love the way it foams up when I rinse it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by yyou

I got this as a deluxe sample after ordering the Glow On blushes and Rouge Unlimited lipsticks (great products btw) and have been using it consistently to take off my makeup everynight. I usually love japanese cosmetics (and think very highly of their quality) but I am pretty sure this stuff has been breaking me out, I had very nice skin before this and now I have lots of whiteheads. I was in denial about it initially and I was reluctant to believe it but I haven't used anything else new and this is what I've consistently been using on my skin. It did take off my makeup (including eye makeup) and it didn't leave a residue but for some reason it just doesn't do well on my skin :(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by haseenak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I cant believe what the shuumera cleansing oil has done to my skin! I used it for about 4 weeks and at first i thought i was breaking out because its a new product that i am using. My skin has gone from clear to disastrous acne!!
DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT GIRLS. THE PRODUCT FEELS SO AMAZING WHEN USING IT, BUT ITS ONLY UNTIL AFTER YOU REALISE YOUR BREAKING OUT IN NEW SPOTS EVERYDAY!!! EVERYDAY GIRLS!

DON'T USE IT IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU.