April 16, 2014 | 1560 users online

Foundations - Jane Iredale - Pressed Powder in Bisque

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by minerva1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best mineral powder ever. It looks so natural on my skin and it stays on all day. It is expensive if you buy it in stores, but buying it through cheaper internet sites makes it reasonably priced.
It can be used also as a concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

In my ongoing search to replace my HG pressed powder foundation (EM), I have tried many many options and thought I had succeeded w/ Avon Smooth Minerals until about 1/2 thru, the product got hard = couldn't get any more out w/out digging!

ME: MAC = NC15; EM = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude. I'm in my mid 40s, slightly drier cheeks, slightly oiler t-zone, not super sensitive to breakouts, redness/slight rosacea on cheeks, nose, chin, several melasma spots.

This stuff does a decent job as far as pigment if applied w/ a flat top brush (I use either my EM or SK), but if I want to completely cover my melasma and redness, I have to go over those areas w/ my damp Beauty Blender sponge. I do not apply under my eyes as a liquid concealer or foundation works better there. Also, I find it goes on easier and more even if applied over a primer (I use monistat.)

Bisque is a nice match for me. I have since purchased the full size and I do like it, just wish I didn't have to do a 2 step process - I still miss my 1 step EM...:( I always set my MU no matter what I"m wearing but I did go 2 days w/out setting and I recall this foundation lasting about 8 hours w/ a need to blot my nose/chin 1x at 4 hours. W/ the UD = lasts from 6 am until 10:30 pm.

I put I would re-purchase, but not sure due to expense and the fact I have to apply in a 2 step process....I may continue to research/experiment....

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by BlueStars

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Whilst on the search for a good mineral pressed powder I came across the great reviews for Jane Iredale Pressed Powder. The large selection of shades meant I was able to find my match which was bisque (nc20 skin, yellow undertones). On first application the powder provides medium coverage and can cover slight acne scars. However after a few hours it becomes dry and and powdery, clinging to any dry patches and spots. A shame it didn't work as the colour selection from Jane Iredale is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My esthetician recommended this product, so I tried it. One compact lasts about 2 months for me. I use Ivory and it matches my skin perfectly. I apply it with a dense kabuki style brush. I've found that if I use a silicone-based primer first that it applies really nicely. I used MAC MSF in Light for YEARS and I love JI so much that I quit buying MAC! I really hate the feel of foundation on my skin so the fact that this covers like a foundation, but in powder form is perfect. I have normal/slightly oily in T zone skin and I never have to reapply during the day. I do use makeup setting spray and it looks fresh all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by annejsize

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best mineral powder on the market, bar none. It matches my very pale skin - a rarity - and doesn't settle into my pores/fine line like BE did (ugh). My only complaint that it doesn't seem to last very long throughout the day, thanks to my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by xcheck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite foundation. The look I get is very natural yet it covers redness. It's amazing. In colder weather I find it is a bit harder to wear, my skin gets very dry and powder is tougher to wear. My trick is to use this with a very light liquid type of foundation. I have these pressed powders in several colors and I have mixed them to get just the right shade. Apply with the Handi brush for best appliation. I believe this powder has an spf in it which is always good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried many foundations over the years, but this is my absolute favorite in a pressed powder finish. It might be my favorite foundation in *any* finish because as my skin gets older, I find it more difficult to wear liquids.
I wear Bisque (neutral) year round, though I occasionally wear Warm Silk in warmer months, especially if I want to pretend that I have sun-kissed color on my face. Bisque is such a perfect match that I can often skip concealer. The powder completely covers the pinkness on my cheeks and chin (mild rosacea), and the finish is flawless. Best of all (and this is difficult to achieve, now that my pores are larger from years of oily skin) the makeup does not settle into pores, like so many of the liquids and creams do.

Jane Iredale was the first of its kind, and it is still the best in my opinion. I have heard many people complain about skin irritation and itching from the other mineral brands, but I have never experienced that with JI -- even over completely bare skin. As for my eyes, no problem, and I keep them open while I dust on the foundation with the Handi brush.

My skin is oily in the T zone, and this powder stays fresh looking all day, without any color change. On sultry summer days, I might have to blot my nose once, but I otherwise don't touch my face from the moment I put it on in the morning until I wash it off later that evening. And the color does not smear or transfer to my collar or to my scarves; it stays put!

I realize the powder is expensive, but it lasts a good six months or more, and I like medium coverage, so that gives some idea how I use it. Since I have no need for additional foundation or primers or concealers, I don't consider the cost extravagant, especially with the new packaging where you can buy just the refills. If I need a bit of extra coverage, I take a small concealer or a foundation brush and layer on a bit extra around my nose or under my eyes. I love this product, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by ABB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried several brands of MM after my first Jane Iredale purchase in hopes of finding something less expensive. Every other brand I have tried did not measure up. It looked like the minerals just sat on top of my skin and looked chalky no matter how little I applied. Also, I have never found a color that matches my skin tone as well as JI.

I have both the Pure Pressed Base and the Amazing Base, both in Bisque. Recently I applied the pressed to one half of my face and the loose on the other for the sake of an accurate comparison and I wore it all day. The most obvious difference I noticed is that Amazing Base is most definitely lighter than the Pure Pressed. While I could get away with wearing both shades, the Pure Pressed blends in much better. As far as coverage is concerned, Amazing Base covered imperfections better but that half of my face was more obviously wearing makeup. Also, within an hour of applying both foundations, I had some oil breakthrough on the AB side while the PP side still retained a matte finish. I also noticed that my pores were slightly less visible and any flakiness did not show up as well on the PP So, to sum it all up, the PP met my needs and provided a more natural look than the AB. My only complaint about the PP is that one jar of the AB lasted me a little over year (a little goes a VERY long way) and the PP only lasted about 3 months (I find I have to use much more of this product for the coverage I want). My solution to this is to purchase the PP on EBay for a much cheaper price and hope that I get an authentic product.
Side note: I have never tried JI Absence and based on the reviews, I don't plan to since I easily break out. I will say the best and cheapest primer I have ever used (and one that keeps my minerals in place all day) is applying a thin layer of Monistat Anti-Chafing gel to my face after my moisturizer and before applying foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by kimmie_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite foundation. I have been using it for a little over a year now consistently, and I have noticed that I do not break out nearly as much as I do when using other powder foundations (I love Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place foundation, but unfortunately, my skin doesn't always love it as much as I do!) I only use the Estee Lauder for special occasions, when I want a slightly heavier foundation. Otherwise, I always use Jane Iredale in Bisque. For all of you looking for a slightly cheaper way to purchase, I found an Ebay seller that sells it for $32.00 and free shipping. I plan to order mine from now on. It hurts to pay the $50 price tag even though it's worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by kleigh01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this line! I actually have the pressed powder in golden glow and it is WONDERFUL! I apply it with the Handi Brush and it stays on all day long!! It even stays on when I work in my yard or go to the gym. I like it ALOT better than bare escentuals. I bought a whole bunch of the JI line from agelessapple.com