Avon Nailwear Nail Enamel Midnight Plum

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/17/2012 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I bought this particular color in one of the Avon mini sizes when they were recently offered and on special. Midnight Plum is the kind of vampy, dark purple that I like. I don't normally have issues with wear using any polish brand (I use a "grabber" kind of basecoat, with a fast dry, shiny topcoat), and this one was no exception. Sometimes people see this on me, compliment it and ask if it's black, it can come off that dark. Of all of Avon's products, I'm most continually impressed with their nail polishes. I plan on buying a full size of this to add to my fall/winter arsenal, although I do vampy colors year long.

on 6/13/2012 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I took away one lippie because I really wanted to see more of a purple in this shade. It is a better color for fall and winter but not something I could wear that often. I do like Avon polishes in general though as they seem to last longer than most store brands when applied correctly with a base and top coat. Dark colors always seem to wear off on the tips of my nails due to house work probably. This is a great shade for those who love the more darker colors especially around Halloween time. Can't quite tell if it is black or purple unless you wear clothing that brings out the plum tint.

on 10/4/2011 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Love this product in this shade! The color is beautiful! My mani lasted two weeks - no chipping or flaking of any kind and that's without any touchups. The formula definitely strengthens my nails as well. Would absolute purchase again.

on 12/21/2010 9:22:00 PM

Good formula, but the color is way too dark for me. I do like many dark polishes, but this has an almost brown tone which I really don't like.

on 12/19/2010 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

This is such a pretty,pretty color.perfect for fall and winter!it's a deep,plum purple.you need about two coats to cover up the streakiness of the first,and make the color more intense.with two coats,this is black if glanced at for one second.but upon closer inspection,it's a beautiful deep plum!this is very streaky,and luckily doesn't stain the nails,even without a base coat,which I shldve used anyways.I actually tried this at a friends house.if u cannot stand streakiness,don't try this,but if u think u can make it work,go for it!

on 10/26/2010 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a almost black plum color, after 2 coats its pretty much black, not plum at all. Currently I have it on my toes, I was hoping for it to be more shiner but its not. you need a super shiny top coat to make it look expensive looking.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After reading the rave reviews and seeing the swatch in the Avon catalog, I decided to try Midnight Plum for the fall. $3 didn't seem like too much to lose. The color is a very dark, rich cream plum. With 2 coats it's opaque, but so dark on my pale skin that it looks like black Sharpie. I love the color in the bottle, but it doesn't translate to my nails. Good price and quality for Avon, just not something I would try again.

on 5/23/2010 6:05:00 PM

I am so in love with this nail polish. It's such a beautiful dark plum, it looks gorgeous on nails. It dries fairly quickly and it was a great price!

on 2/5/2010 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this, and it's on my nail as we speak! The color is a blackened plum, as described by other gals. I always use Seche Vite top coat, which turns any average nail polish into a superior one, in my opinion! I use base coat, 2 coats of polish and a topper of SV. The next day I tip the ends with color, and another layer of SV. Amazing. I am going to touch up today, after 4 days, and I think it will go another 2.

on 2/4/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

i agree this is a great dupe for Lincoln park at midnight! a very rich blackish purple that looks so chic. i took one lippee off because all avon polishes chip on me. but it's so cheap i do not really mind that all too much. :)