Alima Milan (Fall 2007 Fashion Week set)

Not tested on animals

on 6/1/2009 12:08:00 PM

Alima doesn't make a shade called "Montemaggiore" or "Palermo" so I got this instead. :) Milan is just gorgeous, on me it's a smokey plum taupe. Dry, it applies sheerly for a great daytime smoky look; wet, it's dark and rich but not stark against my light skin as the lovely shimmer softens it. Wonderful shade, lovely shimmer finish that's not OTT.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I don't use this an eyeshadow. It makes a fantastic eyeliner, applied wet. Beautiful for hazel/green eyes. It a deep, warm plum color, with bronze-gold flecks; the gold flecks really sparkle when applied wet.

on 12/30/2008 11:08:00 AM

Huge rave. I'm PPP neutral with green hazel eyes, so purpley shades *should* be great for me...but I've never found one that didn't turn to red on me or give me rabbit eyes (and I've tried a LOT). Until now, that is. The reviewer below describes the color perfectly - dark bronzey plum. I like to pair this with Stila Starlight - starlight as the all over wash, Milan in the crease. Gorgeous combo!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Alima describes Milan as "a deep plum with beautiful gold sparkle". Upon swatching it on my hand, I was worried that Milan might be too similar to MAC Trax for me to warrant owning both. However, Milan goes on darker than Trax and with less of a pink/red tone. I would describe Milan as a "dark bronzed plum"... it isn't blackened, but it is dark enough to be used for a smokey eye or as a liner when applied wet. The sparkle doesn't register as yellow gold or a copper gold (as does the shimmer in Trax) but rather as a neutral bronzey shimmer. Milan would be a great shade for ladies who find Trax to be too light or too reddish. I have a lot of eyeshadows in the purple family (since they flatter my green hazel eyes) but Milan manages to be a unique shade. I found this eyeshadow to be richly pigmented and very easy to blend. It also lasted all day over UDPP. I haven't had a chance to play with all of the shadows from the Fashion Week collection yet but so far this is shaping up to be a great purchase!