Lola Cosmetics PearlLUMINOUS Brightening & Light Diffusing Powder

on 11/5/2007 5:28:00 PM

I have medium tan skin with a yellow undertone and I love this powder because it doesn't cast a white film on my tan skin. It gives me just enough shimmer. I've tried Bare Escentuals light diffusing powder duo and that one just gives too much shimmer. It's kind of expensive though. I use it over my tinted moisturizer that mattifies my face so the shimmer actually gives me a fake dewy look. I gave the packaging a 3 because you get a flimsy pad applicator with it. It would be better they included a flat brush so that the application is smoother.

on 10/22/2007 6:03:00 PM

This Lola pearl-luminous facial powder touts itself as " created with real crushed pearl for a luminous glow"- what it should really say is it's 'gold dust powder". In all my years of trying products I have never been so disgusted with a product as this. It does not give you a luminous glow as a light dusting with a good pearlized powder would, its gold and it looks gold on the skin. At $35.00 I used this once and promptly returned it for a refund. If you are dressing up as a fairy for a costume party this might work for you !