September 2, 2014 | 1514 users online

Body Scrubs - Origins - Ginger Incredible Spreadable Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by jenjen8000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of the Origins ginger range. It is zingy, warming and uplifting. The scrub has nice sized sugar grains which feel like you're giving you skin a good scrub without bring too harsh. The oils it contains leave your skin well moisturised although I do need to apply a body moisturiser after if using in the morning. I think the whole range is pretty expensive - bought this at Cheshire Oaks Outlet - and the tub this is in is a cheap plastic one which doesn't reflect the price. I'd love to try the body soufflé but haven't stumped up the cash yet! Would buy again if on offer at the outlet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of a christmas set and it comes in a tube.

The scent is ok, i don't particularly like their ginger scent. The salt dissolves after rubbing onto skin. The salt particles are medium size, but since it dissolves fairly quickly, i'd say its pretty gentle on skin. Does not feel greasy, but rather moisturizing. After rinsing it off, my skin feels soft and smooth.

Not bad but i prefer a brand call Premiere sea salt body scrub. I would not repurchase this. In part because it feels too gentle, i don't feel it does enough for my skin. Good if you have sensitive skin though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

i am reviewing the new packaging one. its MUCH easier to use and not messy like before. the texture is fantastic and requires no stirring or mixing at all. salt / sugar scrub all in one. my skin feel so smooth and require no lotion afterwards, best of all, it smells so great!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by LastNameAvailable

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down my favorite scrub! The sugar particles are a little large, so you don't have to buff too hard to get a good exfoliation. My skin is kind of dry so I don't mind the film some people mention. It goes away as my skin dries. The fragrance is to die for, and since I've used up my supply I truly miss it. It smells so warm and even a bit citrus-like! It's the essence of summer and indulgence. The scrub is a little pricey and I do wish the tub was a bit larger, but if you catch it on sale, go for it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2010 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Luda_Parker

I have really mixed feelings about this one - it's a great chunky scrub that you can feel really sloughing off the dead skin as you use it, which I love - I find so many scrubs far too wimpy to do the job properly. The smell is also gorgeous, but I don't find it lasts very long afterwards which is a shame.

The major negative point about this though that has been mentioned by others is the weird film of grease it leaves on your skin. There's no moving it - you end up feeling like you've covered yourself in lard or something which is unpleasant, and unfortunately will stop me from re-purchasing once I've used this one up.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by ashura199

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love the scent of this product. It has a nice lemon grass scent and I feel really relaxed each time I use it. My bathroom will be filled with the scent for sometime after I have used the product. The grains of the scrub do not feel too harsh on the skin but also not so fine that you feel you have not scrubbed at all after using it. After scrubbing, there is a layer of oil left on my skin, which I assume to be some essential oil to moisturise my skin. The feeling of greasiness will be gone once I apply body lotion, because the goodness of the products would just get absorbed into my skin. I like this product and I might purchase again. But then I might try their other scrubs first before deciding whether this is the best.
More @ http://www.cloverbeautyinn.blogspot.com

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by lilbunnyfufu

I have not been into scrubs for a long time, but I do not think I can live without them anymore. After using this my skin feels really smooth. I only use it on my arms and legs once a week but it feels really nice. I do however use it every day on my underarms. I am not sure if I am the only one with trouble getting rid of deodorant residues on my underarms, but this scrub really gets it all off. The ginger smell is great and I really love it. The con is that it is quite oily and I have to wash with soap after using this. The ones that come in a tube is a bit hard to squeeze out, but the ones in the tub is just fine. One more thing, it is important to heed the warning on the container. If you have just shaved or have a cut please do not use this. It will sting and its painful. Also, the tub will get slippery just as warned. So it is important to use with caution. I will definitely buy this again, unless I find something even better.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by missmarkers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:

Great scent

Not too abrasive

Cons:

Should be more exfoliating for the body

Leaves an oily residue on the skin(!!!) so you must use a good soap afterwards to clean the skin

The cons outweigh the pros for me on this one. I love the Ginger line, but this one id a dud.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

This is a good product for smoother skin and a ginger sensation. I like it. It does the job, smells good and it does not leave too oily a film on your skin later . Tip - use this first and then use the soap to get rid of the oily residue if it bothers you.
it does not sting your skin and the granules are not too rough. 4 lippies only because the best scrub I have used is Clarins Tonic Scrub which is heavenly !

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by possummagic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only thing I love about this product is the smell - it's divine and as someone else said, the smell fills the entire bathroom - gorgeous. But thats it I'm afraid. It's way overpriced and there are far better body exfoliators out there. It's too oily and greasy, leaves your skin soft but doesnt exfolaite well, the particles are too big.I wont stray away from my beloved Clinique Sparkle Skin again.