Kate Somerville Anti Bac Clearing Lotion

3.8

Active Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide 5.0% Water, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Allyl Methacrylates Crosspolymer, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Extract, Behenyl Alcohol, Acrylates/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Chlorphenesin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use the Anti-Bad clearing lotion over my Estee Lauder serum at night, and under my night moisturizer once it has sunk in. I started using this because I already use a salicylic acid moisturizer by philosophy during the day and really wanted to tackle my problem skin with the addition of a benzoyl peroxide product. I love the pump delivery, I use two pumps for my entire face and under my chin. It feels and applies like a lotion but is not moisturizing, just to be used as a treatment. I have had no problems with sensitivity, my skin is very oily and problematic but when I started using this every night along with my other treatment during the day I have noticed clearer skin and fewer blackheads. A general decrease in acne overall with no dryness/peeling, and easy to add to my existing routine. The obvious con with benzoyl peroxide products is the bleaching of clothes/towels but I've been using acne creams for over half my life now and I am no stranger to that. I am on my 4th bottle now, they do last a long time so you get your money's worth in my opinion, and I will continue to repurchase.

on 3/12/2015 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This has become my favorite BP acne lotion. I use to use one from serious skincare in past and then they discontinued that product. I tried to find a similiar product for years. Then I discovered Kate Somerville (via exfoliakate) I then tried this Anti Bac lotion, and it was just what I was looking for.
5% BP in a lotion consistency. Unlike DS BP lotion this product is smooth lotion and not a gritty cream. Easily absorbs into my skin. Does not dry out my skin. (I use it once daily in the Morning) Scent is mild and pleasant. Helps with pimples, whiteheads and blackheads.

I love how this product feels on my skin and 5% BP is the perfect strength for my skin needs. I'm willing to fork over the dough to purchase this lotion. I hope they never discontinue this (or until my acne finally goes away)

on 2/15/2015 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This works but it's pretty expensive for what it is (5% benzoyl peroxide). The consistency is a nice thick lotion and it's packaged in a glossy white plastic pump bottle. There is a weird "no scent" scent, kind of like play-doh. The scent does disappear after it dries on your skin.

While it did help prevent my acne (and clear up existing spots), I wouldn't buy again due to the price. You can get well formulated benzoyl peroxide product for much less.

I'm gonna buy this I have to! I've tried it a few times in the store and everytime I swear my acne goes down in a few hours or the next day seriously my skin is clear! I love that this doesn't dry my already dry skin out and it's the only benzoyl peroxide that actually doesn't irritate my skin and actually works. I have to buy this stuff maybe I'll buy it tomorrow.

on 11/14/2013 4:04:00 PM

Please do not use this product if you have very sensitive skin, like mine. It actually does say on the side of the packaging not to use if you do have very sensitive skin, however I didn't notice that little detail until after I had already put the product on my skin. This made my skin VERY red and irritated. My eyes even swelled a little after I put it on, even though I put it nowhere near my eyes. I'm sure it works great for people who don't have dry or sensitive skin, but if you do, be careful!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Cleared up my face, did not dry out, did not cause redness.

What i like about this product:
-consistency
-texture
-smell (not overpowering)
-acne medicated

What i dislike about this product:
-cannot use for a prolonged time period
-expensive
-only available at special stores: sephora, macys, online, etc.

on 3/29/2013 1:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Although I am annoyed at the high price of Kate Somerville products, I do think she has a lot of well-formulated skin care products and I keep sampling them. I bought a full-size of this a few months ago, so I consider it properly tested now and can tell you that it is a very good benzoyl peroxide product that combats zits without irritation. Many of the other similar acne products on the market are either not strong enough to fight zits or they dry you out or irritate the skin, ultimately causing more trouble. This is one of the best of its kind. As with any product that contains even a small amount of peroxide, wash your hands well before drying them on your favorite dark-colored towel.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I noticed results overnight and I am super pleased with the continued effectiveness of this product - which is rare for me, because I have tried almost everything over the last 15 years. My only complaint is the bottle makes it difficult to tell when you're running low and going to need to pick-up a new one. I suggest turning it sideways and holding it natural light.

on 1/25/2013 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My skin went through absolute hell for about 9 months until I encountered this product. With consistent use you can maintain 90-95% clear skin. Benzoly Peroxide is quite drying so a toner or moisturizer or both should be used in conjunction with the product. Personally I use Dessert Essence Cleanser for sensitive skin, followed by Mychelle Skin Clarifying Pads, then I apply this treatment. I also take vitamins and supplements. Hope this is helps somebody. Took about a month to get really clear but I could tell it was working within a week

on 12/10/2012 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used all the ones from sephora (murad, p.t.roth, origins, etc) and drugstore and none of them is as potent as this one. There's also alot of product in this compared to other acne clearing lotions/gels. I have alot of acne and this helps shrink the size. On the otherhand, I feel like my skin has become accustomed to it so it's even harder to see it's potency. The side effect of this is dry/flakey skin but that's how it is for every acne medication. Good product. Best with one layer only.

Popular Treatments (Face)