October 23, 2014 | 846 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kate Somerville - Anti Bac Clearing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I'm gonna buy this I have to! I've tried it a few times in the store and everytime I swear my acne goes down in a few hours or the next day seriously my skin is clear! I love that this doesn't dry my already dry skin out and it's the only benzoyl peroxide that actually doesn't irritate my skin and actually works. I have to buy this stuff maybe I'll buy it tomorrow.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by deangelisv404

Please do not use this product if you have very sensitive skin, like mine. It actually does say on the side of the packaging not to use if you do have very sensitive skin, however I didn't notice that little detail until after I had already put the product on my skin. This made my skin VERY red and irritated. My eyes even swelled a little after I put it on, even though I put it nowhere near my eyes. I'm sure it works great for people who don't have dry or sensitive skin, but if you do, be careful!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Cleared up my face, did not dry out, did not cause redness.

What i like about this product:
-consistency
-texture
-smell (not overpowering)
-acne medicated

What i dislike about this product:
-cannot use for a prolonged time period
-expensive
-only available at special stores: sephora, macys, online, etc.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

Although I am annoyed at the high price of Kate Somerville products, I do think she has a lot of well-formulated skin care products and I keep sampling them. I bought a full-size of this a few months ago, so I consider it properly tested now and can tell you that it is a very good benzoyl peroxide product that combats zits without irritation. Many of the other similar acne products on the market are either not strong enough to fight zits or they dry you out or irritate the skin, ultimately causing more trouble. This is one of the best of its kind. As with any product that contains even a small amount of peroxide, wash your hands well before drying them on your favorite dark-colored towel.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by CocoMademoiseIIe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I noticed results overnight and I am super pleased with the continued effectiveness of this product - which is rare for me, because I have tried almost everything over the last 15 years. My only complaint is the bottle makes it difficult to tell when you're running low and going to need to pick-up a new one. I suggest turning it sideways and holding it natural light.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Sashakaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin went through absolute hell for about 9 months until I encountered this product. With consistent use you can maintain 90-95% clear skin. Benzoly Peroxide is quite drying so a toner or moisturizer or both should be used in conjunction with the product. Personally I use Dessert Essence Cleanser for sensitive skin, followed by Mychelle Skin Clarifying Pads, then I apply this treatment. I also take vitamins and supplements. Hope this is helps somebody. Took about a month to get really clear but I could tell it was working within a week

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by piellelux

I've used all the ones from sephora (murad, p.t.roth, origins, etc) and drugstore and none of them is as potent as this one. There's also alot of product in this compared to other acne clearing lotions/gels. I have alot of acne and this helps shrink the size. On the otherhand, I feel like my skin has become accustomed to it so it's even harder to see it's potency. The side effect of this is dry/flakey skin but that's how it is for every acne medication. Good product. Best with one layer only.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by xcheck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This works amazingly fast. Best product I've found so far.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

This works like, sometimes. I wish I could give a better review, but for so long I was breaking out because of Niacinamide but didn't know it. So I bought this and it cleared it, somewhat (which is miraculous since I kept washing with and putting creams on that had niacinamide in them...) but it also made my bad patch really DRY and it still had some acne on it. So that was not happy-making. Could be partially my fault because I put it on A LOT, but the bottle says to put up to 3 times a day... It actually took a long time to get the scaly shitty skin back to normal and I'm STILL fighting the acne there. I will continue to use this as a spot treatment, because all over is just too strong for me. But I also feel that just a good simple salicylic acid wash is perfect for me. Regular cleanser too gentle and this too strong.

UPDATE: I break out regardless, but some sh*t is just clearly unhelpful. I used this occasionally as a spot treatment but honestly, it just causes the worst dry, red, angry patches. And the blemishes ARE STILL THERE. I just can't. It really sucks. Idk how people use it all the time. I guess I'm sensitive, but hell, this stuff is brutal. Waste of money. I won't be spot treating with this EVER again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by astronaughty

Only been using this one day but I woke up with a clear face. I have sensitive, prone to redness skin. Also, my skin is dry, not oily at all like this treatment is targeted to. My acne comes from my rosacea and centers around my cheeks and forehead.
I applied very little, almost comical how little cream I applied. The blemishes on my cheeks completely disappeared. The bumps on my forehead did not but it's only been a day so obviously not enough time to judge.
When I woke up, the spots I put the lotion on were dry and kinda flaky but it was fine because I put my day lotion over it and the dryness was covered.
I just wish it came in a smaller size because in my case, it would only be used sparingly and with very little amounts.

EDIT: I used this product some more and I have to say it's not for regular use (for my skin type). Maybe once in a blue moon it will work but I used it 3 days in a row and it made my face explode. To be fair, I used it in combination with a salicylic acid product but SA doesn't make me break out ever. It's just too strong for my sensitive skin. I do think it probably works wonders on people with "tougher" faces.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No