November 28, 2014 | 1885 users online

Styling Products - Korres - Bamboo Styling Cream for Curly Hair

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by pineapple1187

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair is very curly and dry. Also my curls need help in order to be defined. Korres styling cream does a great job, defines curls perfectly without making them hard on the touch. I use only a nickel size which i rub between my palms first, since the consistency is quite thick.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by alicektn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a very sensitive scalp, and this cream left lots of build up on it, frm the frist day of use. I used this 3 more times and the same thing happened. Since I stopped using it my scalp returned to its' previous condition.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2009 8:05:00 PM More reviews by HarmonyBlu

Barf! This is the first Korres product to really let me down. The smell is terrible, it smells like cheap men's cologne. Did not like what it did to my curly hair it was too pasty thick did not spread evenly through my hair where it was at it was thick and crusty. maybe i used too much -a possibility but i tried using less and still not satisfied. did not like that it had hold to it too. i don't like products with hold. overall for me it was a mess.
back to sephora it goes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't use many Korres products, because I'm skeptical about their "natural" claims. However, the Bamboo Styling Cream for Curly Hair has been a success for me. It doesn't contain any silicones or petrolatum, and it uses shea butter and jojoba oil for moisture. It feels very tacky to the touch, but after I work a nickel-sized amount of cream through my hair, it absorbs well. It shapes my waves and curls without weighing them down. as long as I don't over-apply. Not bad at all! I'm subtracting one lippie for the cheapish scent, which reminds me of motel-room bathroom soaps, and for the packaging, since the pump is a bit leaky.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by femmesavante

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This turns my frizz to pretty, controlled curls. I haven't found anything that worked this well since Physique was discontinued. That said this isn't an everyday use product. It gave me dandruff after a few days use. Now I use it only when I want to look extra hot :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Best hair care product ever!! End of story. Since the first moment I used it I got so many compliments on how naturally gorgeous and shiny my hair was... I feel like a Greek goddess. Which is definitely a confidence booster. It was said by other reviewers that it could make your hair a bit crunchy, run your fingers though it lightly and that should go away, but still keep the shine and hold. The only downside is that they don't seem to give you much, and I have so much hair I go through it fast. I think I need to buy a case lol. I definitely recommend this to anyone with curly hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Although I generally like Korres products, I am not a big fan of this one. It was a little too harsh for my frizzy, curly hair and made them look rather crispy and oily in the roots, although I tried to use a small amount and dispense evenly.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by efogarty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Buying this styling cream from Fred Segal was my effort to get a little better at working with my hair with product as it grows out of the short stage and gets more curl and length. It doesn't weight heavy on my hair which surprised me Unlike many styling creams I've tried it is easy to use the right (a small) amount of product. It dries soft and doesn't make me look like I'm trying too hard with the product. Overall made my medium-fine curly hair softer and I used it to make romantic wave-curls, not too tight. It shaped the overall cut that was growing out into something with a better shape. It seems to give a little texture or grit in order to keep the curl but is not too heavy or waxy. I prefer unscented products and the fragrance is distinctive, fresh and soapy - somewhat unisex, but I find it overall pretty nice. Because of preference I will probably move on to something in spray form as my hair gets longer but I like this one a lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2008 9:46:00 AM More reviews by sam1281

This is one of the better styling creams I've tried. I'd been using a combo of leave-in conditioner and mousse to get softness and volume, but this does both in one. My shoulder-length curly hair has no frizz and is shiny, but is just the slightest bit crispy. I think that's just because this really holds the curl, though, which is good. And it doesn't require a leave-in conditioner first--in fact my hair was almost greasy when I tried that. For $17 this is pretty good!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2007 12:44:00 PM More reviews by nellamc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best product for curly hair ever! It has just the right amount of hold to manage frizz, yet still leaves hair touchable - never crunchy. I bought this in Greece and have never been able to get it in the States. I have even tried to special order it from several stores that carry Korres with no luck. I would have bought a case when I was there if I only knew! Plus - It was about 1/2 of the price there too. Very dissapointing because it is the BEST!

Update: Sephora carries this on their website (not in the store yet) for $17 for 3.38 oz.