July 31, 2014 | 1697 users online

Blush - La Femme - Powder Blush

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by sandracruz

Veeery pigmented, lasts whole day.

Can be used as overall face color, eyeshadow, lip adjuster as well.

The only problem I had is its undertone. Most are cool. even with the peach variant, these are still on the coolish/neutral tone.

I remember swatching a warm shade but the formula is forgettable, blah.

I think this is good for those with cool and neutral undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Samcyam

Deserving to be part of any blush lover, collection. Use a stippling brush and a very light hand, and your cheecks wiil thank you! My favorite colors are peach, pink flamingo, and terrecota.

Gooo out and get some!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by danamarie1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This blush has been around since I was a teen. I tried it then because it was cheap and that's all I could afford. I didn't really know how to blend blush back then and it didn't work well for me because they are so highly pigmented. Since then, I've learned a few things and LaFemme is now my favorite go to blush, as in Holy Grail status!

The colors are amazing and stay true without oxidizing. Several colors work for me but Misty Plum is my favorite. I find that Elf small stippling brush is a great brush to use with this because it doesn't pick up so much product. I also use Elf's flat top brush and that works just as well. I don't swirl the brush in the product, I kind of touch the top of the brush on the pan and start applying. Apply first to the check area that you want the highest density of color and start blending from there,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love these blushes. They are super cheap, extremely pigmented and come in a convenient pan form (like MAC pro pans but larger). (they also come in plastic packaging for an extra price if you don't have a Z-palette type)
Apricot- peach color, on the pink side
Peach- peach color more on the orange side than apricot (I prefer apricot, as I'm very pink toned)
Misty plum- pink with a hint of purple
Scarlet- light (blue-toned) pink
Coral spice- mid-toned pink with much shimmer (some people say this is a dupe for NARS Orgasm)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by NinaSun

Everyone needs to know about these blushes. These are amazing, absolutely amazing. The quality and pigmentation is ridiculous. You barely need to even swipe a brush across the top to get strong pigmentation, which also means it's very easy to put too much blush on. The variety of colors is fantastic and I love that you can customize your own blush palette (one palette is 12 colors) to suit your skintone/preferences. The price also can't be beat - $2.50! Ridiculously cheap for the quality and pigmentation you get. There's also a variety of finishes including sparkle, satin, and matte. The BEST blushes on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by austere

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LaFemme blushes are great quality and value for money offering a wide range of colours and finishes at low prices. They are well pigmented and last on my skin. The ones I have are:

Orange
Cinnabar
Golden Sunset
Mulberry
Naturelle

On my NC43 skin my absolute favorite of them all is Naturelle.In fact Naturelle is the only one I use and reach for most days. It gives a beautiful soft glow to my skin on its own but looks even better when topped with my NYX Terracotta blush.

Heather is also very wearable but Naturelle is prettier and warmer in tone. Orange, Coral, Peach Sparkle and Terracotta are a bit bright for an everyday look and work better in the summer. Peach is too pink for my tastes, golden Sunset is too red while Cinnabar and Apricot look muddy on me.Mulberry although beautiful is simply not an everyday colour as it's a light purple tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by nnabeela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy grail blush. It is super pigmented and lasts for hours. Some of the colors can be a bit powdery (coral spice, pink) but just tap the brush once and it should be fine. The best part is it costs a fraction of the Nars blushes (the best high end blushes in my opinion). There is also a huge range of colors which is great. I can't justify spending money on high end blushes now after trying these. Order from Camera Ready Cosmetics, makeupmania has crap customer service.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These blushes are greta. Hands down the best affordable blush out there (next would be nyx, but these have a better range of colors). Super pigmented, blend well, last all day, and large range of colors to chose from. I'm nc42 and my favorite is Peach Sparkle. Very pretty peach shade that brightens my entire face. The sparkles give your skin a glow and are not very obvious. Next shade I like is Cinnabar for a nice nude look, but it does not show up when I am darker over the summer. Has the same glowy, but not sparkly finish as peach sparke. Another favorite is Sienna. Sienna is a matte dark reddened brown, like a combination of bronzer and blush. I use this with a very light hand like a bronzer and then add a little more on the cheeks. Gives a nice sunkissed look for "no makeup" days. I've owned Red, Redwood, Golden Sunset, and Coral. Which were also excellent blushes, but swapped them away as I didn't reach for them as much. I would definitely check these out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE........THIS BLUSH SET YOU CREATE WHAT COLORS YOU WANT TO PUT IN ....HIGHLY PIGMENTED..SMOOTH...VERY VERY NICE ..SO THROW OUT YOUR NARS GLITTER CRAP...AND GET THIS BRAND OF BLUSHES...ALSO FILM AND CELEB MAKEUP ARTISTS USE THIS HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

MAC? Pffffft. Nars? Nah. La Femme? Oh yes please!

These are EVERYTHING I like in a blush - beautifully pigmented, decent pan size, minimalist packaging that is easy to keep clean and stack, great range of shades and super lasting power. Oh, and as cheap as chips, I think I paid about $9NZD a pop, which considering makeup prices in New Zealand, is an absolute steal.
You might need to experiment with the best way to apply these, especially if you are super pale or don't wear a base as they are pretty pigmented and can actually leave a faint stain on skin if applied directly. But I haven't had any problems with over applying, I think you just need the right brush and technique and you should be good to go. I do tap and blow off excess colour for some of the brighter shades when I use a fluffy dome brush or an angled buffing brush but a stipple or fan brush would likely be ideal if you're concerned about it.
Packaging is a simple flat round black plastic screw cap with a clear lid, so you can see the colour inside. I think they hold about 4 grams of product, which a decent enough. Ever so slightly powdery, which is not a major flaw, these are soft, velvety and blend well.
I have 6 shades, which I ordered sight unseen but based on online swatches.
Misty Plum - a very wearable soft plummy pink, not super purple toned, slightly cool. Great for everyday.
Dusty Rose - super pretty warm red pink, looks deeper than it actually is, very flattering for a range of skin tones.
Mauve Sparkle - I LUUUURVE this. It looks a very cool, grey toned sparkly lilac in the pan but when applied it just lifts into this gorgeous soft pale pink. The sparkles don't show up noticeably once applied.
Golden Rose - powerful raspberry toned yellow based pink with light gold shimmer - not a dupe for Nars Orgasm, which is much lighter and more peachy.
Mocha - a russet based rose, slight brown tones but well balanced, appears fairly similar in the pan to Dusty Rose but looks different on.
Peach Sparkle - yummy warm apricot peach, definite orange tones but with enough pink to be considered coral. Delicious!