September 2, 2014 | 1977 users online

Mascara - Guerlain - Golden Lash Mascara Top Coat Holiday 2007 LE

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2007 6:49:00 AM More reviews by oolala30

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot. It is a beautiful gold that really looks great on the lashes without being OTT imho. I love the application wand. It is not a regular mascara brush......just a wand that beautifully coats the lashes. I was told by the SA that this isn't really meant to be used in place of mascara, rather it is to be used after mascara has been applied and it has dried.

I like the look and did not find it clumpy. It also lasts all day and looks great from beginning to end. I think it would be great for clubbing or for the holidays.

As with most Guerlain products, the packaging is nice and this cute tube of gold stuff looks great sitting on my vanity.

I like this, but would not purchase it again because I consider it a vanity item due to I purchased it for its beauty and I dont think I'll get much use out of it. The holidays will be over soon and I dont party very much, so I have no clue when or where I'll be able to wear this again. Also, even though its nice, I think it is overpriced at $30.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 2:28:00 PM More reviews by AJC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a nice "gadget" to glam up a girl's Holiday look. It's best applied on the lashes when the mascara is already dry -- no clumping then. Initially I was surprised to see the wand of this product: it's not your usual spool but rather a thin plastic applicator throughout the wand. The tip reminds me of the honey spoon (you know, those special wooden spoons to scoop out honey and pour on a toast) -- it has spiral ridges and you simply swipe it over the lash tips.

The effect is what I expected -- is frosts lash tips with this interesting golden crust. I refer to it as a crust because after the product set in and dried on my long lashes I felt like I had something on top of them -- it kind of hardened, but it might be just a matter of getting used to it. My lashes did look pretty and v. Holiday-like -- especially from an angle I could see this delicate sparkle -- quite an intriguing result.

I won't purchase again: 1. it's a LE; 2. even if it wasn't it's just one of those totally unnecessary products that you'll use infrequently. Don't get me wrong -- it's nice to have one, and that will suffice.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by cam1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually like this product, and had no problems with it irritating my eyes even though they are severely sensitive... I have very long lashes so when i apply this to the tips of my lashes it doesnt make them look short or anything like that. When i apply this it looks like more a bronze color instead of the light gold that comes out of the tube. I havent had a problem with this clumping my lashes, i just make sure that my mascara is completly dry befor i apply this. I think this is a really fun product and great for the holidays!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2007 12:46:00 AM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Golden Lash is a gold color base (24k if the advertising is real) mascara with some small glitter you brush over your existing mascara for a holiday party effect. Personally I think this sucks. The product has many faults. First off it's very wet to the point of clumping and making the tips of my lashes stick together in what looks like shiny eye boogers, no joke. Another fine quality is the stickiness, it's great to have your lashes stick together every time you blink. Secondary quality on this point would be the feeling of something in your eye, I think it's from the lashes sticking but it's very uncomfortable and I find myself running to the bathroom to wash it off. These problems are the formula. No one wants to apply their mascara and then spend time messing with a top coat that has such a high factor for over application. One thing I did find in the 8 or so tests I did with it was if you apply it lightly and then run your finger over it, the color will distribute in a more visually pleasing manor leaving some gold shine you see under lights and a subtle amount of glitter but do be careful, one touch to your face and this stuff is like glue and you will have to remove gold smears that glitter from your face or eye makeup. Overall I'm disappointed. We use mascara usually to add to and darken our lashes but Guerlain has produced a product that looks like the tips of your lashes are fried. I really want to like it but I can't. It's a horrible product and others are more worth of your attention. It's a shame this was not like Fairy Mascara (holiday 2005), clear with multi-color micro glitter. If this was golden glitter in a clear base this would be great. Instead this looks more like something you use as an effect for Halloween. I know some of you will have the patience to apply this and will like the dramatic effect. Personally I don't even think King Midas would have dug this but I'm in my mid 30's and look for more of an enhancing effect in my makeup. For people liking more artistic approaches I could see some fans. Really I just don't find it attractive, worth the money, time or effort.