April 18, 2014 | 1977 users online

Powders - Guerlain - Forever Gold Sublime Radiant Powder Holiday Collection 2007

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved the shimmery glitter.....it is expensive.....it looks nice on my make up counter...I love it and wish it wasn't a LE

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2007 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I love this product! This is a splurge product that you do not really need, (gimmicky), but if you want to treat yourself is a great product to do so.
The packaging is beautiful, looks great on your vanity. It is a loose shimmer golden-beige powder , comes out of a perfume like bottle.
I use this as a shimmer powder on my face or body.
Nice product for the holidays.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 4:54:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

I too got suckered into this product when the MA at the guerlain counter sprayed this on my hand. The bottle is cute, but I'm not a fan of the smell. I'm returning this to Neimans because I can't believe I payed $80 for glitter in a cute bottle. Also it was just too much $$ for a product that isn't versatile, but more of a special occasion product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2007 10:24:00 AM More reviews by menina77

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Once again, one lippie off for the $$$$. However, this is old hollywood old school glam packaging and it's fun. You can put it in your hair, it's nice on the legs and it smells heavenly. The bottle is so pretty, it reminds me of the all the Christian LaCroix and Jean Patou my great grandmother had on her vanity. I love Guerlain's packaging, it's so lux and so many lines which have great products stick to far more utilitarian lines. This is a worthwhile indulgence.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 11:55:00 AM More reviews by AJC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Forever Gold is a body powder with this v. fine multi colored glitter. Because of this glitter I'd say it's for special occasions only. Compared to other body glitters I've seen or used I do like that the particles are small and in many colors -- it catches light better and looks more true to a skin (well, as much as a glitter can be).

Packaging is v. elegant but I suspect that the fancy looking atomizer was just added to hike the price up -- I don't find it to distribute the powder really well when sprayed, I still need my brush to spread powder around. Perhaps if I sprayed more vigorously it might work better -- but then I'm afraid to create a powder cloud around me and suffocate in this luxury cloud ;-) Shortly, to me the fancy looking atomizer is a great marketing device rather than a practical tool.

If you love LE products that look so lavishly elegant you might be happy with Gold Sublime. I don't really use glitter all that often, but I'll probaly keep this one for its good looks and air-tight packaging (which hopefully will prolong product's shelf life -- 'cause I'll have it forever).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 7:54:00 AM More reviews by buynow_noremorse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG I'm not a fan of body shimmer, however, this is unbelievable. At first the Guerlain SA wanted to spray it all over me and I nearly freaked. I told her I don't wear that kind of product, so she asked if she could just mist it on my hand. I reluctantly agreed !! It was a shock at first, the softness and texture is so magnificent. Under the store lights the shimmer is so finely milled, it's stunning. Of course this is only something that I would wear for a special occassion, it's too glam for daytime, at least for me. The bottle is so elegant, of course it is, it's Guerlain !!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you that have a fondness for shimmer, you'll love this.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No